It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6,125 Proposed Regulations and Notifications Posted in Last 90 Days--Average 68 per Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
6,125 Proposed Regulations and Notifications Posted in Last 90 Days--Average 68 per Day

By Penny Starr

November 9, 2012

(CNSNews.com) – It’s Friday morning, and so far today, the Obama administration has posted 165 new regulations and notifications on its reguations.gov website.REGULATION LINK

In the past 90 days, it has posted 6,125 regulations and notices – an average of 68 a day.

The website allows visitors to find and comment on proposed regulations and related documents published by the U.S. federal government. "Help improve Federal regulations by submitting your comments," the website says

The thousands of entries run the gamut from meeting notifications to fee schedules to actual rules and proposed rule changes.

MAIN STORY

In recent days, for example, the EPA posted a proposed rule involving volatile organic compound emissions from architectural coatings: “We are approving a local rule that regulates these emission sources under the Clean Air Act (CAA or the Act),” the proposed rule states. “We are taking comments on this proposal and plan to follow with a final action.”

Another proposed rule will provide guidance for FDA staff on "enforcement criteria for canned ackee, frozen ackee, and other ackee products that contain hypoglycin A." (Ackee is the national fruit of Jamaica; unripened or inedible portions can be toxic.)

Please use link for entire story

LINK

My question is this...Is this to be expected after a successful re-election campaign?
Is this an indication of what lies ahead?
edit on 12-11-2012 by wutz4tom because: ISSUES

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Well, he did say he was going to raise taxes on the wealthy. But it would be important to keep an eye on what regulations are passed each day.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

To be honest I wasn't even aware of the reg. Website.
It's certainly something to monitor as you've said.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Agreed, This may well be the norm, but it makes me anxious....
thnx

tom

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Grover Norquist: Obama's goal is to raise energy taxes on middle class

www.cbsnews.com...

(CBS News) President Obama met with congressional leaders on Friday to tackle the upcoming fiscal cliff and over the weekend, several Republicans in Congress said there is momentum to make a deal before 2013.

As it stands, Mr. Obama has stated that he will allow the Bush tax cuts for wealthier Americans to expire and Speaker John Boehner has said Congress can generate revenue from tax reform and closing special interest loopholes.

edit on 12-11-2012 by HumanoidX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by wutz4tom

There are so many laws,rules and regulations telling people what they are not allowed to do that it's becoming more and more difficult to know what we are actually allowed to do.

Just know that any person, anywhere and anytime can be arrested or fined for doing something against the law of which they had no idea that the law even existed.

Tricky huh?

Peace

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Fortunately for websites like ATS people talk and have a place to enlighten each other...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Think of all the new enforcement jobs come on thats really the plan you know

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

Oh my, how didn't I think of that...

You can never have enough enforcement and Regulation

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

This document sets forth a proposal to amend the FM Table of Allotments. The Commission requests comment on a petition filed by Navajo Technical College, proposing to amend the Table of Allotments by allotting Channel 297A at Crownpoint, New Mexico, as a Tribal Allotment. Channel 297A would constitute a first local service at Crownpoint. Channel 297A can be allotted at Crownpoint, New Mexico, in compliance with the Commission's minimum distance separation requirements with a site restriction of 0.9 km (0.58 miles) northeast
of Crownpoint, at 35-41-07 North Latitude and 108-08-43 West Longitude.

Those filthy bureaucrats! Regulating things that people need/want/request fairly without fear of losing it to monopolistic corporations.

The Commission is noticing a recently-filed Postal Service request to add Express Mail & Priority Mail Contract 10 to the competitive product list. This notice addresses procedural steps associated with the filing.

Another one! How do we get anything done in this nation with all this job-killing, big-government red tape?!

Oh, one more thing, don't forget to mention how Obama hasn't kept his promise on transparency because that's certainly not what this is.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I suppose they have to try to make regulations and post notifications to justify their jobs. We do have a lot of stupid regulations on the books, especially OSHA regulations. If you do roofing, you are doing it a little for the risk of being on a roof. It gives you a high. All those regulations with harnesses and ropes to trip you on the roof makes it necessary to make safety regulations like scaffolding to catch you when the ropes trips you. Why does every bit of dust in a mine plant need to be sweeped up, are they afraid some obscenities are going to be written in it? They take the fun out of everything.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

not getting anything done was less noticable in the past before we were in this deep

We need for someone to step up in a big way!

thnx

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I'm sure there some very bright minds within the government, but they need to be given the room to make the changes that will help the USA to be Great..Filling positions while performing badly is more costly than ever.

thnx

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wutz4tom

I'm sure there are members here that have first hand experience in how private industry has handled theses tough financial times...

With that being said, I have Not heard of A single instance where Making More rules and regulations was part of the plan..
so why....? Eliminate some red tape so something can actually get done without having to jump thru hoops....

tom
edit on 13-11-2012 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
is it normal for a country that is supposed to be the most free nation in the world to have like 50 thousand laws and regulations passed every year? lol

at this point we just pass laws to pass them,heh

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

True and certainly these laws must require employees to enforce them....Eliminate The obsolete regs and use the surplus enforcers to help consolidate the laws we must keep, so that they function as originally intended and not as bottlenecks and job creators.

thnx
edit on 14-11-2012 by wutz4tom because: typo

new topics

top topics

join