It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Want To Secede From America!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Recent developments have come to light showing that several states are playing host to unsatisfied customers. These people are filing petitions for their respective states to separate from the United States.

www.examiner.com...

On November 7, the day after the election, "Michael E" from Slidell, Louisiana, filed a petition at the White House "We the People" site, requesting that Louisiana be allowed to secede.

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation," the petition reads, quoting the Declaration of Independence.

As of this writing, the petition has 8.162 signatures and needs 16,838 to reach a goal of 25,000.

I'm disgusted and confused at this. Why is this necessary? What on earth do they hope to achieve by breaking up America like this? Does anyone notice how many of the states are red states? Like we need more reasons to fight amongst ourselves...

It looks like our time as a superpower may be drawing to a close.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
What is gonna happen is this...

Not one thing wrong with it..Obama promised changes didnt he?
Some people have there own idea on how to change lol

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
First of all 'We the People' isn't really a petition site. It's a White House feedback site. Anyone can go to the site and write a 'petition' but what you are actually petitioning is a response from someone in the Administration. The most signed 'petitions' get a response from the White House. It's a great tool for giving feedback and making the Administration aware what's on the minds of the American people, but that is all it is.

Second, Examiner.com is basically a blog... anyone can sign up for free and write whatever they want and are paid a fraction of a penny per view. It is not a media source. That doesn't mean they're bad... just know what you're reading is opinion and not held to fact checking by anyone.

Third, there's a lot of angry talk about leaving the US just keep in mind... no State will actually do it. No State can afford to stand on their own. No State can secure itself well enough to leave the USA. It's all temper tantrums at the moment.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Louisiana has a population of four and a half million people... A petition of 25,000 can hardly be presented as 'we the people'.. This guy is obviously a crackpot, and seems to have found a few more crackpots to play along. It will amount to nothing.

edit on 12-11-2012 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Sounds like another republican suffering from Electile Dysfunction!!

Sorry bout the short post, but that's really all I have to say...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
if the red state were to start there own united states the blue states would run out of money and collapse. no more red states to steal weath from. They wouldnt even hold up a good ground force because they dont like the military and they have banned guns in there states. it would be an easy take over for red states.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

A petition of 25,000 is just to see how many people are serious. After they determine that, they can discuss the matter in official meetings and eventually hold a vote if they decide to take it that far.

Power to the people, right?
edit on 12-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Some people would prefer to live in a country resembling the one for which our ancestors gave their lives.
edit on 12-11-2012 by ConspiracyBuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Funny, the Red States drain the most federal resources and have the highest percentages of people on entitlements. You may want to fact check your statement there.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I'm from MA. We're a 'blue state' and a relatively small one at that. Despite that we are ranked #1 in the country for aid programs for veterans, disabled servicemen and 'gold star' familes --- so much for your unsubstantiated generalizations.

If people are that unhappy wth the U.S. they are free to leave. And by all means, when you do, please take Donald Trump with you.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
People are disgusted and at their wits end. They want solutions to their problems. They see four more years of negatives coming their way - unemployment, recession, taxes, etc.

Laugh if you must but try to understand the frustration that is driving people who disgree with you to these extremes. They are desperate for change.

They haven't seen any in four years and they don't have any hope for the next four.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Funny, the Red States drain the most federal resources and have the highest percentages of people on entitlements. You may want to fact check your statement there.

im only joking around.

lots of upset people on today

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
if the red state were to start there own united states the blue states would run out of money and collapse. no more red states to steal weath from. They wouldnt even hold up a good ground force because they dont like the military and they have banned guns in there states. it would be an easy take over for red states.

It's quite the contrary in fact, blue states tend to produce wealth that is redistributed to the bible belth (which isn't self-dependant, there are less people, less companies, less production, etc.).

It may be different if you split the USA verticaly but if you separate the East/West Coasts and the Center/South the outcome would be obvious.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
First of all, the "United States of America" is EXACTLY what it is titled - a UNITED STATES. Each state is a sovereign entity that has entered into agreement with the Federal Government to be a part of these United States. The 10th Amendment speaks specifically to state's rights and GUARANTEES that the power remain the sole discretion of the State, NOT the federal government. In fact, the Constitution of The United States grants very specific powers to the federal government and nothing more than what is stated in the Constitution. In essence, the Constitution is the contract between the sovereign citizens of the several states and the federal government. Currently, the federal government is in horrible breach of contract rendering it null and void.

Given that there are people waking up and taking notice of this, one shouldn't be surprised to see a "Free" people working to ensure that their freedom and liberty are kept intact. The last time this happened, Abraham Lincoln violated the sovereignty of several of the states and imposed the federal government's will on them militarily. I understand that he is celebrated by today's standards, but that is simply a part of the propaganda taught in schools to give the illusion that the federal government is the supra power and not the states. The REAL issue was not slavery, as is the propagandist approach, but rather the secession of several of the states who felt that the federal government was imposing upon their freedom.

Lastly, has anyone looked at an election map??? The only places advocating for the liberalism we presently have in office are in the urban centers - and even those are fairly split. I say give the West coast and New England to the liberals. Let the rest of us enjoy or freedom and liberty in "Flyover Country" free from such intrusion. It would only take a matter of months for those liberal bastions to be bankrupt and, conversely, only a matter of months for the rest of us to have balanced budgets, fair taxation and smaller government. THEN let's see where people want to live!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Maybe the farmers and cattlemen should go on strike.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Maybe Atlas should shrug?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

Atlas Shrugged... give it time. His shoulders are getting mighty tired holding up all the BS on the coasts.

In all seriousness, this country would shut down inside of 3 weeks!!! It WILL happen before you know it. Government is too busy ensuring that productivity declines, profit declines and that they become and increasing barrier to success.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

Subject zero--

These were my thoughts as I read this OP and similar ones like it on ats this morning.

It breaks my heart that there are people so desperate for change they are considering splitting the nation as a way to get it. I feel for those who are unhappy with the election results, and I know 4 more years sounds like forever, but in the big scheme of things it is not. To those in distress it might be the difference in having a job, a home and keeping their families in tact, and I am not trying to make light of how they feel, but just saying that they shouldn't lose all hope.

I am all about having the freedom to break away from the union if it is truly what the people want, but I would temper that statement with a strong dose of caution.....be careful what you ask for, you just might get it, and may not be happy with the consequences.

I have long considered what our continent would be like if we broke apart the USA into smaller nations. In some ways it could be good, in other ways it could go bad. But I never seriously considered such a thing in reality. I wonder if the people calling for this have really thought it through? Or is this a knee jerk reaction to the election results? It is overwhelming to see the red versus the blue on the maps, but I believe there are still enough of us, despite the red and blue that want to see a USA united not divided. I know I do.

What I'd like most to see is our nation although ideologically divided, come together on some basic levels and then work from there to find solutions. It seems that politically our ideologies have become so polarized that this is becoming impossible. I have no solutions, but I do not think splitting the USA up is a good idea at this time.

I get a very strong feeling in 2016 we will see a republican win the white house and those who are so upset right now may change their mind. Unless of course this attempt at dividing the nation runs deeper than political ideology, and if that is the case, then this is more serious than I initially thought.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Those of us here in Texas have been hearing rumblings about cessation almost as long as I can remember. After reading some of the posts in this thread, for the first time I recognized that even if we did leave the US, whether we managed to stand on our own or not, it is possible that action could doom the remaining states and therefore a large portion of the world in the process, For example: assuming we represent nothing more than the number of votes in the House and Senate plus the Federal money we are taxed, would that have the potential to upset the remaining apple cart?

In fact, even the smaller state of MA mentioned above, or any state leaving, could unbalance the system significantly enough to change the world forever, and not in a positive manner. Still, do we in Texas or any other state at some point have a right or even a duty to ourselves to care for our own citizens up to and including actual cessation? How many cans of worms are involved? Would that state become an immediate and relatively indefensible target for takeover by another aggressive country seeking to gain a foothold close to DC? Or could such a newly created nation successfully declare and preserve neutral status and thereby concentrate on taking care of its own issues and becoming successful? These things are almost impossible to predict, and as much as I personally would want to support cessation, I think in the end even I have second thoughts.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

This was so funny about that.

edit on 12-11-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join