It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 US states petition to secede after Obama's victory!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Just more hot air from the 'I didn't win the game so I'm taking my toys and going home to momma!' people. They are the same ones we all remember from kindergarten play grounds around the country. They were despicable then and still are.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Like I said NJ is run like Cuba idk Why they are seceeding they love being a police state there nd would fit right into the current system...or are they finally joining a more strict police state like Cuba to feel more at home?
Nobody has any rights in NJ...If you don't believe me go visit one time.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive
reply to post by OrionHunterX

NO. These states are not petitioning to secede. Nut-job yay-hoos are petitioning. For the state to be petitioning, it would require the state legislatures to do so -- and even then, too bad, because one doesn't leave the Union after joining. This point was proven by the US Civil War. And moreover, some of those states -- Oregon, New York and New Jersey -- no how, no way do they care to leave the Union, and I would imagine that the vast majority in those other states wouldn't either.

So FAIL on the thread title, OP.

So because they don't think like you they are " Nut-job yay-hoos"? What should we do with these Nut-job yay-hoos? Round em all up and detain them? How dare they have an opinion!!!

Those pesky free thinking individuals that are against big government and big banks are always complaining and acting nutty!!! We should send them to their own continent. Wait.. Why did we come to America?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
What a bunch of immature spoiled brat children.

Just like the Republican Congress.

The Congress isn't "Republican". The US Senate is Democrat controlled. Did you mean the House of Representatives? And who/why are they 'spoiled'? They have to vote based on the campaigns they ran upon and their constituents voted them into office with.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

Originally posted by CX
When they say these states have petitioned to go it alone, just what exactly does that mean?

Just a few angry loons that put up the petitions and likely advertised them in forums.

No state government has officially requested or started a petition to secede/

can we get a link showing its "angry loons" not state officials?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
They are just the mournful cries of the dying white elite.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dizrael

can we get a link showing its "angry loons" not state officials?

If the originators of these petitions are or are not state officials doesn't matter. If they were acting in an official capacity these motions would be happening in state legislatures, not on a whitehouse.gov site that is employed by the Secret Service to identify and track possible subversives.

What else do you think the purpose of this site is? Do you really think that anyone in government takes these 'petitions' serious? I hope you don't.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I thought we had had this discussion before, about a hundred or so years ago.
It would be interesting though, to see just how some of these states and their people fare after the U S government withdraws from these "foriegn countries"

No more big government contracts for your industries. That could mean fewer jobs real quick.
No more military bases and the jobs they provide. To say nothing about the protection from some other invaders.
No more Social Security checks for the little things like food, rent, clothes.
No more welfare checks either.
No more highway or school subsides, or anything for police and fire protection grants. I know this isn't much but it still helps out.

I guess what I am saying is; it may be nice to think about these things, but you had best think it through. There may be some down sides which you may have considered.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I think each person who is thinking about signing one of these petitions needs to think about how their "private little country" will be governed. If you look at them, most are the poorest states in the Union, who suck the most out of the Federal coffers. Most have the most domestic violence, the highest divorce rate, the lowest level of education. How will each "state" provide for their poor-their hungry?

I don't agree with everything each of our Presidents has done, but we should think about changing things from the inside instead of starting a new country.

BTW, where will the capital of this new country be? If you do manage to secede, who will be your president? Romney? Paul? Someone else?

Will your country be agricultural or manufacturing? How much of the other will you be required to buy from a foreign country? What will your money be based on?

I know you aren't happy with our government now, but you should think long and hard about what you replace it with. Some of the alternatives are REALLY scary!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
well i have to chime in here. everybody is screaming about democrat this and republican that i don't think its about democrat or republican , i think most people who are signing the petitions are just sick of big government keeping a thumb on them. Its not supposed to be a dictatorship in the u.s. but it has certainly become that way. I for one am all for florida becoming its own country and i am neither republican or democrat , i could care less who is president of this crap hole government, your choices for a president are a joke, do you want a thief and a liar or do you want a liar and a thief, they are both the same and worried about their own pockets, they dont care about the citizens of this country any more or what shape its in. Ok now go ahead and call me names but you know i'm right.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
the states are not petitioning anything

please change your title

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by seriousskeptic
I thought we had had this discussion before, about a hundred or so years ago.
It would be interesting though, to see just how some of these states and their people fare after the U S government withdraws from these "foriegn countries"

No more big government contracts for your industries. That could mean fewer jobs real quick.
No more military bases and the jobs they provide. To say nothing about the protection from some other invaders.
No more Social Security checks for the little things like food, rent, clothes.
No more welfare checks either.
No more highway or school subsides, or anything for police and fire protection grants. I know this isn't much but it still helps out.

I guess what I am saying is; it may be nice to think about these things, but you had best think it through. There may be some down sides which you may have considered.

i think individual states would be just fine, they no longer would be sending the U.S gov. property taxes, income tax, ss tax, fuel tax, alcohol tax, tobacco tax, etc. etc. all the taxes would be going to the individual state and used for purposes in that individual state, not going to some idiot inflated war overseas where we don't belong in the first place, if you think for a second that these states would raise enough $ for themselves your crazy. all those taxes that an individual state sends to u.s. gov add up to billions per year, plenty enough to sustain individual states.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join