It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 US states petition to secede after Obama's victory!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I couldn't agree more. It's already supposed to be that way but a Federal Government has progressively lost all sight of the 'States' part of United States. the 10th amendment was supposed to make that so clear even my Kid could understand it but the Commerce Clause and a couple other things seem to have basically erased the 10th amendment in any functional form so it's nothing like what it's supposed to be. I don't suppose it has been for a VERY long time.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Some of you people are idiots.

What the hell are the Articles of Confederation? Read some history. States governing themselves did not work with less than 20. It's sure as hell isn't going to work with 50. Dullards.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Every state has the right to be a part of the union or withdrawl.

No other state has any right to tell them what they should be doing.

They entered in to the union of free will they can leave anytime they want.

And Horrah for my home state of Indiana

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

1 master and 50 slaves saying yes masta is not working out so well that is what the USA is

50 slave states serving a master the federal government.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Well considering any nut bag can start a petition to do so I just assumed that their would be 50 states on the list all the time. I would think you could find one person in each state who is dumb or drunk enough to think its a good idea and then take all of 5 min to do it online. If only 18 have then either we have less crazy people in this country then I thought or they are just to lazy to even do that much.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

My question is this...... Do ALL the residents of these states wish to secede from the union? Or is it just the right wing extremists who are in control? I would think there would first need to be a vote within each state to go with the "majority", before such a request would be made and taken seriously.

Because honestly think about it. I highly doubt that all persons living in those states want to run away and create their own "country".

But I am also for allowing people to do and try what they want. Let them secede, and watch their communities fall apart when they have a smaller gov't and no taxes to pay for anything. It will be quite comical to see them crying and begging to become part of the USA once again when they have fallen to the bottom of the barrel.

It is such a preposterous thought to secede. When Republican's are in power, you don't see the "mostly" Democratic states crying and threatening to secede. They deal with the bumps and try to work with what is in place. Running away from a "problem" is not the answer. Maybe if both sides were to try and work together, we would all be living in a better place.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Every state has the right to be a part of the union or withdrawl.

No other state has any right to tell them what they should be doing.

They entered in to the union of free will they can leave anytime they want.

And Horrah for my home state of Indiana

If this was anything more than a political stunt these people would be petitioning their state legislatures instead of the white house. Empty rhetoric.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
What a bunch of immature spoiled brat children.

Just like the Republican Congress.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by funnychick

When Republican's are in power, you don't see the "mostly" Democratic states crying and threatening to secede. They deal with the bumps and try to work with what is in place. Running away from a "problem" is not the answer. Maybe if both sides were to try and work together, we would all be living in a better place.

No, we see the Democrats threatening to leave for France or Canada. It's just hyperbole related to frustration and people on both sides do it.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Hahahhaaa

New York and New Jersy is on that list 20 states they said on the news.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Hahahhaaa

New York and New Jersy is on that list 20 states they said on the news.

Yep, the whole thing is a massive joke. I somehow doubt the states of New York and New Jersey would secede over a Democratic president being reelected.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This says to me, that they believe the government is corrupt.

new government when the one in power is not the "consent of the governed."

I think this would be for the best.
they would all still work together.
obama would set up a No fly zone. they like to do that.

let the assassinations begin.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It doesn't look like anything 'OFFICIAL' so I don't think that you can say 'the states' are petitioning to secede. It looks like individual movements within those states. This sort of thing happens every so often. It's no big deal.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
This says to me, that they believe the government is corrupt.

new government when the one in power is not the "consent of the governed."

I think this would be for the best.
they would all still work together.
obama would set up a No fly zone. they like to do that.

let the assassinations begin.

Best for whom? How would they work together, under what banner and laws? Don't know yet? Didn't think so.

I would be willing to listen to thoughtful statesmen on this subject, but not so much the rantings of a few disgruntled loud mouths who don't have any kind of a plan for what they'd do AFTER they shucked the feds.

Meanwhile its nothing but hyperbole and grandstanding.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Most big empires fall apart from within. What do these petitioners think, that they are all going to get rich? You still need the workers to run services so they will make a bunch of starving surfs to do this. People are so naive.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

..and what if they DID succeed? Then what? Most of the states even talking about this have no domestic production capabilities to do anything more than become a 3rd world nation in no time flat.

Oh Weally Wrabbit?
You are aware that the bulk of those States mentioned have oil and gas in considerable quantities?

No domestic production? Think again.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Just imagine what these states could accomplish being out from under the extreme federal regulations and farm subsidies that pay farmers not to produce food?

That little chart about what states feed off the federal "teat" is misleading, when you consider farm subsidies and regulations, as most of these states, are farm states.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Some of those states voted Obama, and Louisiana is in the top 5 states that are federally dependant.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Let them go. They think they're their own little countries anyway, so let them form their own if they want.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
petitions.whitehouse.gov...
The U.S. military is heavily engaged abroad, so dealing with a secessionist crisis poses new challenges. The possibility of secession raises other equally unpleasant possibilities, such as the potential for splits in the military.

The petition above is a way of addressing the issue of national defense, a jab at Texas, and a way of protesting secessionists, if you are so inclined.

Thanks,

R

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join