It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Democrats cater to Felons

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
@the last two posters. Thats not the reason liberals cater to felons. The real reason is because they know they would win millions of votes. If rapists and murderers were more republican-leaning, liberals would not campaign for felons to get to vote.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Yippy...I may get to vote again!!!

I went to prison and served time for what is now legal!

How do you justify me still being a felon and not being able to vote and own a firearm?

YOU CAN'T!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I'm from a country where we treat criminals more humanly. When we manage to do so, we get some rewards. We use less money on prisons, we lower crime-rates and it's easier for us abide by human rights. Because that is what is at stake. Some countries allow for punished criminals to vote after their sentence is finished, and some people don't. When it comes to human rights, one of the alternatives is the right thing to do, the other is a breach of human rights. I think some prisons in USA needs to be renamed. If you have people locked up the remainder of their lives and force them to work, this should be called a labor-camp. Prisons should rehabilitate people, while labor-camps let people rot while using them for cheap labor.

It is a problem for USA that they lag behind on important stuff. When I hear American officials talk about spreading democracy and freedom, I realize that they can't even take care of their own population. How on earth are they going to solve the problems abroad? If USA don't stop living in a fantasy-world, China is going to take over the world. Just look around you, it's happening.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes
@the last two posters. Thats not the reason liberals cater to felons. The real reason is because they know they would win millions of votes. If rapists and murderers were more republican-leaning, liberals would not campaign for felons to get to vote.

Please provide a cite for this. Please also justify your position using logic and rationality - and not "Because libruls!", as this is not a serious argument.
I would also like to point out the fact that the majority of felons and ex-felons are not rapists and murders and genuinely regret what they did. Once again: once someone has done their time and paid their debt to society, surely they then have a right to vote? Or do you want to deny them a basic civil right based no logical reason?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Please provide a cite for this. Please also justify your position using logic and rationality - and not "Because libruls!", as this is not a serious argument.

Surely you've checked the official sources in the OP that prove as much?

Not that thats a surprise of course. Felons couldnt possibly embrace conservative morals, they'd have to be liberals ("There is no right or wrong") to justify their actions.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Surely you've checked the official sources in the OP that prove as much?

Not that thats a surprise of course. Felons couldnt possibly embrace conservative morals, they'd have to be liberals ("There is no right or wrong") to justify their actions.

Are you seriously saying that "conservative morals" cannot be grasped by ex-cons? Oh come off it that's the kind of ludicrous theory that even Conservapedia would shy away from! And how would you describe the politics of Ken Lay and other financial conmen?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
Are you seriously saying that "conservative morals" cannot be grasped by ex-cons?

The reason 90% of criminals vote democrat is because they are more liberal, obviously.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

The reason 90% of criminals vote democrat is because they are more liberal, obviously.

So you'd deny them the vote just because they tend to vote for Democrats? And I thought that there was a causative link betwen crime and poverty?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join