It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Can We Do???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
For many years now I have been one of many to bi*ch and complain about the state of our governments, their foreign policies to their social policies. Well I'm sick and tired of just moaning about them, action needs to be taken!

I get that we already have movements like OWS etc etc. However, they don't seem to have a direct point or a lot of good publicity for that matter. I'm also not saying that we should plan a revolution here on ATS (since that's just absurd) but there must be something that as a collective p*ssed off peoples we can do.

I think we can all agree that corruption is the main problem. Doesn't matter about your political views, it's corruption in politics, the police, banks etc. that are causing suffering. So how does the members of ATS think we should combat corruption? Every day on here I see people with all sorts of opinions on how countries should be run, it will be interesting to see your views on how we could begin.

aaaaaaaaaaand go.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Start your own compound out in Montana or somewhere less populated....kidding....sometimes people just like to complain and they're not gonna do anything to resolve their issues...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The lack of replies on this makes me think about how much bluster there is on this website and how few answers we get. This was more of a test for me! Oh well.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

Funny you mentioned corruption.

Here's my take on that. You will never eradicate it. You can't even reduce the numbers if you wanted to. Not substantially anyway.

Why do I think so? Because it's not about the laws, or who's in power. It's about human nature. A human being is competitive, acquisitive, aggressive....and no amount of laws and presidents is going to change that. In order to remove corruption, you need to change the human being.

When amassing material wealth is no longer the driving force of man, when love and compassion for all people comes before personal gain...that is when we will be free of suffering, crime and corruption.

The sickening part for me is, that many of our today's institutions depend on us being that way.

I'm sure if you were to poll the politicians, and make them answer truthfully (like that's even possible), you would find their answers pointing to the fact, that nothing in this system would work without corruption.

Interest groups donate money to presidential candidates...for what reason? Corruption of course. I'll scratch your back, you scratch mine when the time comes. It is the foundation of this sick little game we're playing today.

edit:

anyway...only way I see possible of changing this...is do what Gandhi preached..."Be the change you want to see". You can not go around forcing the people the be something they are not, but one thing you can change...is you.
edit on 12-11-2012 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

As Marioonthefly just said, and as I just posted in another thread a few minutes ago.

It's human nature.
Every form of government that has ever been used has failed in one way or another because of corruption and greed.

It's inevitable, it will always happen. Like clockwork.

The best I can come up with is, every 50 - 60 years, completely dissolve the government and start over. But then, I'm sure we will find a way to screw that up too.

Because that's what we do, we screw everything up.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Greetings, iRoyalty,

Originally posted by iRoyalty
...OWS....
OWS specifically serves hussein obama. They will have an authoritarian role in "The New Dictatorship," when the time comes.

Originally posted by iRoyalty
....So how does the members of ATS think we should combat corruption?...
The scholars of ATS will have that answer.

May I submit what not to do?

Ostensibly, those of us who opposed hussein soetoro, are to just "accept punishment," as announced and prescribed by Valerie Jarrett!

What's "expected" of those of us who opposed the regime, is to go into dispair, depression, surrender, and stay that way. What's expected of the masses who supported the regime is the same, as long as they are depressed, they will vote for "the one."

What not to do is to give up and accept the lies, punishment, and deceit that hussein and his czar staff expect of us. What not to do is to accept the "the mark," the mandatory veri-chip chip implant required by the new socialized medicine law - obamacare.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Adonsa

I think you're missing the point man. I see you have it in for Obama...but in reality...do you really think you would be better off with somebody else as president? Anyone ? Do you think Romney would ease your pain ? Johnson? Paul ?

Sure...some of them might look more moral and smarter than the other, but in the end...they don't matter. They are just a face. Obama or anybody else as president, can not turn things around. What matters is the system. The system is built on corruption, you can not remove it's foundation. It would crumble.

It is a great deception, that political parties/persons can solve anything of value. They don't solve problems, they create them, and after that...engineers, soldiers, teachers, parents have to solve them.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Greetings, MarioOnTheFly, thanks for replying.

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
...do you really think you would be better off with somebody else as president? Anyone ?
Yeah, "anyone but obama." An incarcerated felon ran against obama in the WV Democratic primary and got a substantial number of votes. Romney? Not my first choice, he's OBE anyway. Herman Cain could have defeated hussein, although the mainstream press saw to eliminate him on false infidelity charges. Sadly, that doesn't matter, he's OBE also.

... pain ?
Pain? None yet. I can let you know after my colonoscopy tomorrow.

It's my attitude, MarioOnTheFly, - it sux, I'll never embrace Communism nor will I embrace The New World Order, Global Governance, "obama's Plan for Us," etc

The system is built on corruption...
May I disagree and clarify?
The US system is built on the Constitution.
The system is infected with corruption.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Adonsa

May I disagree and clarify? The US system is built on the Constitution. The system is infected with corruption.

Sure you can disagree, that's why we are here...among other reasons.

I think your laws are built on the constitution (and even that is circumvented today...the patriot act). The system, in my book, is not laws. But...it's probably a semantics thing.

The system is, I'm struggling to find English words to describe what I mean, a set of instructions on how things are done around here...sometimes laws are changed unconstitutionally to fit what the system wants.

But we agree on one thing for sure...the system is infected with corruption.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

What needs to happen is a collective cooperation. The police force, the military, elected officials and regular people in advantageous positions have to stop complying with orders that infringe on human rights. They have to stand up for them selves and for us. That's what our taxes pay them for. They work for us not the corporations. They have to grow a spine and stop being afraid of their corrupt superiors. When they start to do that it will help the little guy to gain a foot hold once again. What we say is going to start to matter again.
-
An other thing we need to do is stop voting. TPTB say if you don't vote, you have no right to complain. They are sooo wrong. Voting is not your duty, it's you right. Why vote if the ones on the ballot doesn't represent you? Vote for the a guy like Mitt Romney who made a living at creating ghost towns? Or a guy like Obama who was a CIA asset who is only building a frame work on top the foundation Bush built?
-
People need to take their country back and take big business out of Parliament. Corporations aren't people.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Honestly the biggest problem that I see with people is lack of personal responsibility! It is always someone else's fault. We all make our choices on a daily basis that accumulate to what our "action" is. We need integrity, honesty, courage, and bravery to take responsibility for one's actions. We are ALL where we are in life because of our own decisions. Until we can accept that and begin to change those decisions to closer match our utopia, then we will never achieve it. There are too many people blindly led to the trough of lies on a daily basis, and not enough strength in those people to think for themselves and take some responsibility for even allowing themselves to be led in the first place.

We need to change ourselves before we can hope to change anything else.
Morals, values and principles are not just pretty fluffy words, they are the hard decisions we make everyday.

United we stand, divided we fall!!
We need to stop arguing so much and work together again!!

top topics

join