Eye opening stuff..

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by macaronicaesar
I have no interest in this video. I believe we are of no danger whatsoever to the planet. We may destroy the human race, but the planet will be here long after we're gone. 4billion years vs 200 in major industry. The math is on it's side.
edit on 16-11-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

*facepalm*

That's not the point.

The point isn't that we're blowing up the actual physical planet. The point is that we're destroying/drastically altering global climates, ecosystems, species, air/water/land/nutrients, etc. This has a huge effect on the planets' species. In fact, scientists are calling the current era Earth's Sixth Great Extinction Event:

newswatch.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

No I agree, we have definitely sped up the process to a very unnatural state. There has been many times in the earths long history where the planet has been mostly covered in ice, and periods where it has had no ice on its continents at all. The point I'm making is having no ice on the planets polar caps isn't unnatural, how quickly it's happening is.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tholidor
As beautiful as it is, it is nothing more than another anti-human propaganda piece filled with half truths and downright lies.

It's not anti human propaganda unless you interpret it so. It is not a lie to say how much of an insane effect we have had on our planets ecosystem. This planet has developed ways to keep all of its species alive unless a change happens that's makes their input redundant. It is blatent the damage we have caused, hundreds of species have gone extinct due to a direct result of human interference, entire forests and natural land vital to the life cycle have vanished and you are blind to it.. Why?

I know we had a little chat about population control and I do think that a cap or preventive taxes should be put on anymore than 2 children. However there are other choices, there are ways that we can harness energy to fuel the planet without causing harm, is it so extreme to say that this is the logical stance we should take on energy?? The human race could be just as prosperous without destroying this planet. If overpopulation and demand is the problem then why don't we look to terraform other planets? If we can keep humans alive in space then why not on the moon? Wouldn't be too dificult to recreate an environment for vegative growth or even farming like cultivation. It would solve a lot of problems.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by iRoyalty
reply to post by NoHierarchy

No I agree, we have definitely sped up the process to a very unnatural state. There has been many times in the earths long history where the planet has been mostly covered in ice, and periods where it has had no ice on its continents at all. The point I'm making is having no ice on the planets polar caps isn't unnatural, how quickly it's happening is.

Ok, perhaps I misunderstood you, sorry.

And yes I agree. Humans are causing the vast majority of current global warming and this is leading to unprecedented climate change and melting of the poles/glaciers.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join