It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eye opening stuff..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Here's the link I found using google video search..

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The 'Daniel' information that just came out explained that the Solar System is going through a massive dust cloud, fully of interstellar fuel that the Sun is reacting with, and becoming more massive/brighter. Our sun is brighter and more intense, which is the cause for warming and change. That's just the non-esoteric side. Once you get past the basics and get into the esoteric (meaning: The Sun will fuel humanity's enlightenment into a higher dimension, and it gets pretty crazy. But either way, a dust cloud appears to be the reason why the Sun and other planets are at a higher level, and this appears to be nothing (or at least very, very little) to do with CO2 from Humans.

I will say that with authority, if there is any "tax" associated with this it is most certainly tyrannical and for all the wrong reasons. Also hypocritical because it is full of BS.
edit on 12-11-2012 by fourthmeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I'd also like to point out, that the quote, "Species are dying out at a rhythm 1000 times faster than the natural rate".

This was also brought up by 'Daniel', that those who are using this type of thinking are not considering that species are adapting in the NOW, just like we have been and will. That evolution is not slow, that it can be much quicker when the right catalysts are in place, like now. In other words, they aren't dying, they are changing.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

Hi, (a bit off topic)I do agree that our lives are being distracted from the real picture!!
I have not watched the clip, but what I do know is that I spend 75% of my life trying to impress others with trends, and latest gadgets, whereas I should be doing what makes me happy. It doesn't end there what makes it harder is trying to make others understand when they just can't comprehend that having a meaningful life does not mean making lots of money, but helping and caring for each other regardless of , what ,who, how, and when.

We are being distracted from ourselves.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

We're on the arse end of an ice age and the polar ice caps are meant to melt!

Bullsh**.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I like the green movement, after all it's the color of my eyes. I see a big problem occurring in our future. Many people are once again looking at sidestepping Ecology for the sake of Economy. We have already screwed this world all up, it won't take much to put it into a perpetual nightmare with a loss of it's ability to supply us with food. People are more worried about their paycheck than whether our great grandchildren can survive here. Maybe we need the space colony training so we will survive what is to come. I think the next great war will be over environmentalism issues. This war will be fought all over the world between people who want everything now and those who want a future for their children. When it is done, the environmental concerned people will win because some of the highest technological weaponry will be on their side. Make a good movie wouldn't it

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Just finished watching. Beautiful, perspective was awesome.
Didn't care for Canada's portrayl. We are more than just oilsands. (And I should know).

But otherwise...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Thank you for pointing this document, it was really well made and visual experience. Its really sad to see what we have been doing and are doing this planet we call home.

Even this movie was beautifully created and contain quite a lot issues earth is dealing with, we have been making new mountains of carbage, when multinational companies spreads their marketing to third world like Procter & Gamble in China teaching millions of people to use their disposable diapers instead of cloth diapers which chinese has been using for decades, do these companies care about waste .. No

Overfishing, some scientists says we will see our seas empty from fish in this decade. 90% of predator fishes like tuna has been allready caught. Fish farming is not an answer as if it takes 12 pounsd of grain to produce one pound of beef, it takes 70 feeder fish to produce ONE salmon. Even the farming sounds like a answer it actually makes issues even worse as now they even catch the smaller fish from the sea to feed bigger fish we find from our dinner plate. We are emtying the seas in such a speed that we have run out of time to save the sea, ecosystem is allready destroyed.

Oil.. thank you.. NOT

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

en.wikipedia.org...

By this definition, we are still in the ice age that began 2.6 million years ago

Don't just say things, it makes you look dumb.
edit on 13-11-2012 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Also sorry everyone who's been having problems with the video, here a link to a website that has it on. Just search "home" should be top result

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Another video I'd like to share, this one is a bit hard to watch because its very low budget... Wicked idea though, all of the problems of the world could be banished from society! Also I like his ideas of looking to other planets to colonise. This would dramatically solve our over population issue and I believe terraforming planets is part of why we're here. I see it as an inevitability that a species would come along that become so perfect that we over populate, that become so smart that we manage to figure out how to leave this planet and intuitive enough to realise that we can make other planets like home and solve a lot of issue and spread life across the galaxy. I can't think of a better reason to exist than to start and spread new and exotic life!

Anyway if you have more time I hope you get a change to watch this video too

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by iRoyalty

en.wikipedia.org...

By this definition, we are still in the ice age that began 2.6 million years ago

Come on, give the poster a break, he just meant that we're in an interglacial period as during the current overall glacial period (ice age) of 2.6m yrs, there have been times when the earth has almost been fully covered by ice and times when it has had little ice cover.......a bit like the current period. So he is right that during these glacial minimum periods, the ice caps do melt significantly. What causes it, who knows but it does happen so the poster is right........... Our affect on this equation will obviously be to add to the warming period but the extend cannot be calculated.

Personally, I'm in the camp of "why tempt fate" so I'm all for doing all we can to preserve the earth in as good a state as possible but i'm also a fan of balanced debate hence, during this latest ice age, we have had periods of glacial maximum and minimum, the drivers of which are still not fully understood........FACT!

Let me put it another way, we as humans with the amount of pollution that is pushed into the air, water and food chain, are not exactly helping ourselves. That we produce greenhouse gases is fact, the extent of their impact again cannot be accurately quantified but I fail to see why we shouldn't be doing all we can to not kill ourselves! Me, I'm willing to pay for a cleaner planet even if it means switching to more expensive forms of energy production.............. I'm also willing to pay for a better scientific understanding of the way our world works if anything so that we wouldn't waste time having this debate right now

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by csa981

Even there has been glacial minimum periods before its the first time in Earth history to deal it with huge population

World population clock

edi t on 13-11-2012 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I keep getting -video is private, so heres a working link for anybody else having problems.

Thanks for posting this find op

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by GreyGoo

This worked for me

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by csa981

I totally agree, I definitely believe we should find ways to reduce the amount of co2 in our atmosphere. At the end of the day it can't be healthy and our planet will react to compensate.

I just don't like being sworn at through a pc screen, I'd bet my life he wouldn't say it to my face

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The video is visually stunning - a cinematic masterpiece. Therein lies its evil intent.

As beautiful as it is, it is nothing more than another anti-human propaganda piece filled with half truths and downright lies. Global warming is a fact - and there is nothing that can be done about it because it is a natural cycle caused primarily by the sun. The myth of man-made global warming has been thoroughly disproven by serious scientific research. Those who doubt this, along with those who do not believe that the entire solar system is undergoing a heating cycle have simply not done their homework.

If one is to believe this nonsense there are only two solutions. Take your pick: Kill off as many pesky humans as possible so that the survivors can eat or just send all your earthly possessions to Al Gore - he'll save you!

Nice film - horrible message.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I download that movie and i watch it. It was a great meaningful masterpiece.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I have no interest in this video. I believe we are of no danger whatsoever to the planet. We may destroy the human race, but the planet will be here long after we're gone. 4billion years vs 200 in major industry. The math is on it's side.
edit on 16-11-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by iRoyalty

en.wikipedia.org...

I was responding to him implying that- since we're slowly exiting an ice-age, the ice caps are "meant" to melt.

I called BS, and rightfully so.

There are no natural forcings/cycles that come anywhere close to adequately explaining the current rise in temps or the insane level of ice-cap/glacial melt, period.

www.skepticalscience.com...

www.skepticalscience.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join