It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Paula Broadwell intentionally reveal a secret CIA prison at Benghazi compound?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
This thread is a continuation of a related topic started by stormdancer777 in a different thread that eventually covered the same topic presented here - "White House, with concurrence by the FBI and Justice Department, held off on asking for Petraeus’"

This is the video that contains Paula Broadwell's comments posted here (go to 30:00 mark)
The relevant comments are at the very end - the last 2-3 minutes. But start listening nearer to the 30:00 min mark to the end - OK?.......for the full context. As you listen you will realize that she is told to say everything - in other words she's fully scripted.............amazing. Of course this is all prior to the scandal breaking -

Alumni Symposium 2012 Paula Broadwell

My reply here in previous thread ---- and here

BEGIN
Did Petraeus mistress reveal secret CIA prison? Paula Broadwell may have divulged new information on Benghazi scandal
Posted on November 11, 2012 at 11:49 AM EST

By Aaron Klein

TEL AVIV — Did Paula Broadwell, the alleged mistress of ex-CIA Director David Petraeus, reveal a secret CIA detention center in Benghazi during a public speech she gave last month?
Broadwell, a former counterterror operative, co-authored a bestselling biography of Petraeus. She discussed the book during a keynote speech on Oct. 26 at a University of Denver alumni symposium. The speech is available in full on YouTube.
During a question and answer session, Broadwell was asked about the September 11 attacks against the U.S. mission in Benghazi.
She stated: “Now I don’t know if a lot of you heard this, but the CIA annex had actually had taken a couple of Libya militia members prisoner.

edit on 12-11-2012 by gmonundercover because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Nov 12 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I bet this is the reason for the "exposure" and "resignation".

I wonder if she has been "seen or heard from" since

They held back because of the elections.

Lots of jealousy with this whole deal.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I wonder if Paul's military career will be scrutinized ?

And her "expertise" on terrorism. Especially her "work" with the FBI !!!!!

She served in the United States Army and the United States Army Reserve. She was promoted to lieutenant colonel in the Reserves in August 2012.[13]

She was Deputy Director of the Jebsen Center for Counter-Terrorism Studies at The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University.[3] She also worked with the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force.

Paula Broadwell

Hmmmm.

The grand conspiracy is that she has been "infiltrated" by foreign entities.

Does her Army Reserve status make it easier for Congress to call her to testify ?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Wow! This is why petraus resigned....his pillow talk got him in trouble...and Paula knows too much. Everyone held out Until after the elections. I wonder if this would have changed the elections if it had gone full blown earlier?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
No wonder Paula was rumored to be fearful for her life, and contacting FBI for protection. What a joke that is.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchildren

Actually Paula did the threatening bia emails, to another woman who worked with petraus...and that woman contacted the FBI about Paula broad well. The FBI was afraid Paula broadwell was going to harm someone.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Meldionne1
reply to post by Starchildren

Actually Paula did the threatening bia emails, to another woman who worked with petraus...and that woman contacted the FBI about Paula broad well. The FBI was afraid Paula broadwell was going to harm someone.

Do you actually believe that?

Now - suppose it was Petraeus himself who hacked the eMail accounts and attributed it to his "paramour" - I say this because I do not believe for a minute that Paula Broadwell would have gotten into an eMail cat-fight with a close friend of his family - way too out of character.

Its also possible that there was NO AFFAIR at all............that its a concocted story to get Petraeus out of testifying. I

Once anyone with half a brain reads this somewhat "official" looking Washington Post account they will immediately begin to wonder "how can this be true?" FBI probe of Petraeus triggered by e-mail threats from biographer, officials say

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
This is disturbing on many different levels.

First, it appears that Petreus was stalked by this woman. She did her dissertation on him as a student and then a biography on him when he got control of the Army in Iraq and THEN did a book with him as director of the CIA.

It is obviously stalking. She had a crush on him because of his power. She pursued him until she was able to bang him.

She was a groupie!

What disturbs me the most was that Petreus was unable to see this. He had to know how dangerous this relationship would be. I know she is pretty hot, but that position requires extraordinary restraint in certain situations and he failed. I am not saying I would not have screwed her, but I would be just as wrong as he is.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I hate to ask the obvious, but if it was a secret prison

Wouldnt there have been more security?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gmonundercover

The more I learn about this chick the more I think she is an operative. See my OP. She is pictured with Karl Rove in June of this year. He tweeted the pic. I think her job was to set Petraus up. I don't know who is behind it but when she made those statements in Denver she was already under investigation and had her computer confiscated by the FBI. The article is also in my post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Some background information on Paula Broadwell................she is one very accomplished woman. Please go here for more Bio info.........

BTW - Twitter accounts can be very revealing - copy it before it gets deleted because her webpage was deleted a few days ago.
Paula Broadwell's TWITTER acct. @paulabroadwell
Author (All In: The Education of Gen David Petraeus); National Security Analyst; Army Vet; Women's Rights Activist; Runner/Skier/Surfer; Wife; Mom!

Her resume is very extensive - here is just some of her Bio Info..........more to come. This is a reprise of an earlier posting.

Originally posted by gmonundercover
More biographical information on Paula Broadwell
Maiden name Kranz,"...pursued a sincere and dedicated career in military intelligence"
Was (and is) an intel asset. Once a spook always a spook?
She has planned counter-terrorism initiatives presented to NATO and worked on transnational counter-terrorism issues with foreign and domestic agencies, U.S. Special Forces, and the FBI.
Here are Paula Broadwell (nee Kranz) credentials:
Paula Broadwell - Penguin Speakers Bureau

Paula Broadwell is a research associate at Harvard University’s Center for Public Leadership and a Ph.D. candidate in the Department of War Studies, King’s College London.
She spent much of the past year in Afghanistan as an embedded author, extending her doctoral dissertation on transformational leadership and organizational innovation based on the career of U.S. Army General David Petraeus. The result is Paula’s highly anticipated portrait of Petraeus as commander and her chronicle of the Afghan war—All In: The Education of General David Petraeus. [she gets to do her dissertation interviewing Petraeus. Nothing suspicious there. ]

Paula’s passion for leadership and security policy stems from her background in the U.S. military and her academic pursuits.

She graduated with academic, fitness, and leadership honors from the United States Military Academy at West Point. She has lived, worked, or traveled in more than 60 countries during more than fifteen years of military service and work in geopolitical analysis and counter-terrorism and counter-insurgency operations. Her extreme physical prowess and athleticism was notable and allowed her to graduate as the top female physical student at West Point.

She has served with the U.S. intelligence community, U.S. Special Operations Command, and FBI Joint Terrorism Task Forces. Paula earned an M.A. with honors from the University of Denver’s Josef Korbel School of International Studies and an MPA degree from Harvard’s John F. Kennedy School of Government.

She previously wrote for the Kings of War and Foreign Policy’s Best Defense blogs, and she has published op-eds in The New York Times, International Herald Tribune, Christian Science Monitor, and The Boston Globe. She has also written chapters in books on counterinsurgency, transformational leadership, and women in defense, and has contributed to national TV networks, BBC radio, and NPR on similar topics.

Drawing upon her experience within the military and study of transformational leadership, Paula explains Petraeus’s thoughts on strategic leadership and provides inspirational anecdotes and insights for anyone—from CEOs to young lieutenants to women in conflict zones—facing leadership challenges in their respective fields.

With her husband and children:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail

The more I learn about this chick the more I think she is an operative. See my OP. She is pictured with Karl Rove in June of this year. He tweeted the pic. I think her job was to set Petraus up. I don't know who is behind it but when she made those statements in Denver she was already under investigation and had her computer confiscated by the FBI. The article is also in my post.

THREE ***'S .........I am in total agreement and I posted on it yesterday - have to find it.........I even used the trem "double agent" as a possibility in that post.

I also speculated on a Possible Zionist connection

I wondered if Paula Broadwell was Jewish mainly as a result of my previous remarks pointing to Mossad involvement in this sordid affair wherein I stated - without so much as a hint of anti-semitism btw - that I was concerned to know if there really is a valid reason to pursue my 'intuition' with respect to the possibility of Mossad's hand in all this. I also made note of the fact that her book, "All In: The Education of General David Petraeus," was co-authored with Vernon Loeb who is Jewish and a well known Zionist with strong Israeli connections and who has a very unsavory journalistic reputation.

As it turns out her maiden name is Paula Krantz. It is a very popular Jewish name. Behind The Name website KRANTZ Jewish, German, Dutch

If there is anything to this at all then it might be possible to think of Paula Broadwell as a Sayanim = Sayan; Hebrew: helpers, assistants and refers to Diaspora Jews who provide assistance to the Mossad. They are in America by the many thousands - operating in secret. Wiki deleted the entire Sayanim page recently.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

If she's such an accomplished spook and still a spook, then I don't believe petraus hacked her email....but, yes I do believe she threatened another women Ina jealous rage...spooks don't handle relationships well, And most of their personal life ends either In divorce or mayhem....Paula broad well is no exception and is probably having a midlife crisis . She let her jealous emotions get the best of her. Petraus was probably distancing himself from her, as he was now at home more, and Paula freaked because she was losing him. Not that she ever had him because he is married, ....but Paula probably though he was pulling away for another woman and pinged on this other lady. Paula called her out, as women do get catty when their territiry is comprimised..And who knows...maybe there was another affair going on! ...once a cheat always a cheat.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

If she's such an accomplished spook and still a spook, then I don't believe petraus hacked her email....but, yes I do believe she threatened another women Ina jealous rage...spooks don't handle relationships well, And most of their personal life ends either In divorce or mayhem....Paula broad well is no exception and is probably having a midlife crisis . She let her jealous emotions get the best of her. Petraus was probably distancing himself from her, as he was now at home more, and Paula freaked because she was losing him. Not that she ever had him because he is married, ....but Paula probably though he was pulling away for another woman and pinged on this other lady. Paula called her out, as women do get catty when their territiry is comprimised..And who knows...maybe there was another affair going on! ...once a cheat always a cheat.

Suppose this entire episode is fraudulent - even those parts of it that seem 'real' to you and to others. Let's speculate for a moment - Quoting myself here --->"Its a psy-op - so we mustn't be so naive as to actually believe any of it. This is merely a smaller version of 9/11 and its based on the same techniques - another manifestation of psychological trickery. All of my posts on this topic are done with that in mind. I am not making any contributions to the reality of this situation - I am merely pointing to its falsehood."

For example - there are other incidents in the past where Petraeus has leaked his own eMail - so don't put anything past this man OK?
........... Broadwell scandal not the first time Petraeus was sloppy with email — in 2010 he leaked his own emails scheming with neocon Max Boot

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I'm not denying there are holes in all of this, and that the whole truth is not being said.......but....Paula broadwells emotions from her affair, emotions of her heart got the best of her. Spook or not, women who have been scorn act like idiots. ....and yes, They cat fight...i do believe there was an affair... Even the most powerful people , Kennedy, Clinton, have affairs. Paula had a crush on her idol petraus, and petraus is a man..bad combination! ..she was an easy target,. ..just because she looks good on paper doesn't mean her real life, her personal life was good. And in my past experience, people who are really smart, can be really dumb...you are either book smart or street smart. And if youre gonna be in an affair, you better be street smart. Paula broadwell is not street smart.....

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I'm not denying there are holes in all of this, and that the whole truth is not being said.......but....Paula broadwells emotions from her affair, emotions of her heart got the best of her. Spook or not, women who have been scorn act like idiots. ....and yes, They cat fight...i do believe there was an affair... Even the most powerful people , Kennedy, Clinton, have affairs. Paula had a crush on her idol petraus, and petraus is a man..bad combination! ..she was an easy target,. ..just because she looks good on paper doesn't mean her real life, her personal life was good. And in my past experience, people who are really smart, can be really dumb...you are either book smart or street smart. And if youre gonna be in an affair, you better be street smart. Paula broadwell is not street smart.....

Ohh I understand you very well here and I am very interested in the feminine/female point of view in this reagrd.........Please see my comment here in a P.S. at the end of my response to a woman "antonia" ( See below)in a different thread just yesterday
-->

PS - BTW - on reading your posts and those of several other women in this and other threads I started thinking about the importance of the manner in which women are interpreting these events. So I'm considering a thread centering on the female POV in the form of a poll soliciting briefly stated opinions with respect to Paula Broadwell's infidelity vis a vis her 'inferior' position in relation to her boss, and her stature as a military officer etc., etc.

reply to post by antonia

Well, she is still in the reserves so she is likely to get discharged.

Not until she faces a court martial if the PTB decide to do so. I even heard one commentator speculating that Gen. Petraeus could be re-called from civilian life to face charges and a likely reduction in rank for his offense of having an affair with an officer under his command, which is in violation of the UCMJ.

Imagine her suing him for sexual intimidation because of his superior status (rank) over her.
Just a thought - amusing, but very possible as well. Howz the saying go "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" ???

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail

AND

Originally posted by xuenchen
I wonder if Paul's military career will be scrutinized ?

And her "expertise" on terrorism. Especially her "work" with the FBI !!!!!

Just in....I wonder what else they will find among her personal belongings (other computers and hard drives etc) that incriminates her as an undercover operative and/or a possible 'double agent.' With her background - do not put it past her! The FBI Found Classified Documents On Paula Broadwell's Computer

The FBI has been investigating Paula Broadwell, former CIA director David Petraeus' biographer and reported mistress, for months, citing concerns about classified information and a potential national security breach.
Well, it turns out that during the FBI's investigation, the bureau did find classified documents on Broadwell's computer , reports the Wall Street Journal.
In September, the FBI began to do a legal analysis to see if there were any charges that could be brought. They decided to interview Broadwell.
During her first interview, she admitted that she was having an affair with Petraeus and gave up her computer to the investigators.
On it, they found classified documents.
Petraeus was interviewed too, and he admitted to the affair as well. However, he said that he did not provide Broadwell with those classified documents. Broadwell echoed Petraeus' claims in her next interview with investigators in early November.
The source of the classified documents remains unclear.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

PS........This whole thing stinks to high heaven, and it reeks of the smell of Zionist BS!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Yes, petraus can be called back from civilian life, and yes he can lose a rank or two, and his salary will drop....Although, they usually don't when they are that high up....because they know too much.

Paula on the other hand will lose a rank, and possible pay for a month,She will go to captains mast. they will remove her from her current location and restating her somewhere else..or kick her out all together because this is too big of news.

And then paula will have a nervous breakdown, be admitted to a psych ward, go through rehab, come clean on it all, and suddenly find herself skyrocketed to stardome. She will be on talk shows , she will write a book, someone will make a movie about her, and she will make a few million dollars. That's my prediction.

As for the female side opinion ...she is 39 turning 40.... Can you say mid life crisis? There have been rumours for over a year now about them having an affair...guess what, they did! And if petraus broke it off as he is claiming, then Paula went and lost her cool! The Pictures of petraus with Jill kelly sent Paula spinning and into another dimension of jealosy that we cant imagine. I Bet Paula was so angry she couldn't see straight. And what do women do...they get revenge. ...except Paula is NOT street smart. Any street smart chic woul never have sent an email, they would have cornered you in the ladies room of the local bar and smashed your head on the sink. ..Paula is a writer, she did what writers do, she wrote an email. Stupid yes, ...but desperate people do desperate things. I'm willing to bet Paula wrote the email in desperation and anger, and sent it in haste. ... Big mistake!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

It depends on her clearance level..she may be able to have access to classified , but not top secret documents. And she may have download them to her personal computer, which would be the no no. Not that she had access to them, but that she took them out of the office.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by GeneralMishka

I hate to ask the obvious, but if it was a secret prison

Wouldnt there have been more security?

It was not the CIA annex that was attacked, but another diplomatic outpost. The officers at the CIA annex were allegedly ordered not to respond to the situation. One of the ironies of this situation is that ultimately, it was more about public perceptions than safeguarding American diplomatic personnel.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join