It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm being stalked by Pigeons. Help me!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

It's my bedroom and they get fed on the tray I have in the front of the property next
to their birdbath, I wouldn't feed them from my bedroom window. It's not multiple windows,
it's only mine. There have been severe storms recently but this has continued for about three
years. Through all weather conditions.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
On a more practical note....you could install an Avishock strip...

www.avishock.net...

Ouch!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

I question my sanity daily, the pigeons aren't a part of that. I've had third party confirmation
from multiple friends and members of my family that have seen them outside my window,
just, watching. I'm quite certain this isn't in my head. And thank you for the practical advice,
but I don't want to hurt or scare them away, i'm capable of that, I want to understand why they're
watching me specifically. Yes, I do realise how insane I sound.
edit on 12-11-2012 by DelegateZero88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DelegateZero88

Maybe poison some bird seed, the world could probably do with a few less of the verminous pests anyway.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DelegateZero88
I'm quite certain this isn't in my head.

I wasn't for a moment implying that it was...BUT, you can choose to ignore them. If they are attempting to intrude on open windows I suggest putting up netting.

I have pigeons roosting outside my bathroom window, I don't mind them though, and they can't get in. I know a lot of people who are nervous of pigeons, and they are voracious scavengers, so can appreciate your concerns. The park near me is teaming with them and if you sit on a bench to eat a sausage roll or the such like they will crowd around, even perching on your head and shoulders if allowed. I kind of like it, but ya know...we're all different.

My son is convinced that there is an epic war going on between the squirrels and the pigeons. He favours the squirrel's side and equates the pigeons with the Nazis.

edit on 12-11-2012 by KilgoreTrout because: too many buts

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Pigeons are territorial. So you have been feeding them for 3 years now, and they know it's you that is feeding them.... have they multiplied? They are introducing you to their family and friends...Also, like I said, they know it's you feeding them, and you are their owner / friend now, in their mind....I think they don't realize you have a cat...but, they do know you are the one feeding them...Birds aren't necessarily dumb, although they poop a lot! But they can be loyal and territorial...Think about homing pigeons, and they alway come back after flying miles and miles...you have adopted some new kids!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

I don't understand how they would work out it's me feeding them,
other members of my household feed them too. And where I
put out water and food for birds is a long way from my room,
and just thinking, I mostly do it at night, when I would assume they'd
be roosting, so I don't think i've formed any relationships. Though
they do appear to be family groups, with juveniles and a male.
I don't really know, they all look the same to me, but I think they're different
groups of birds. The way they look at me just gives me
a feeling they're up to something.
edit on 12-11-2012 by DelegateZero88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Well in all honesty, the only few reasons that I know off ( and I'm not the most informed on pigeons, only experience) they they would be attacked to you are;
1- you're feeding them, and they know it. In their eyes, you are their buddy. And pigeons can get attached to people.
2. Your window sits In a Sunny area, and they like the sun, and if your window is open, they will be curious and try to walk n.
3. There is a high pitch noise coming from your room , and they think you are calling them.

I don't think it's a sign from a spirit guide or anything like that, I think they are becoming attached to you.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Until they start speaking...
don't worry about it. Maybe they like that spot. You're going to have to do something about it like put some kind of repellent.

ETA: I don't know what they're called but they sell plastic spikes which is used for flying pests like pigeons and seagulls. Put that on your window and they can't land there. If they come to land and you see them, just give them the finger.
edit on 12-11-2012 by ParaSpy2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2012 by ParaSpy2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
This sounds like something similar to Anatidaephobia
You feed them and stare at them!
Don't be suprised when they stare back.
Everyone notices someone staring at them and so do pidgeons.
They have a 65 million year evolutionary head start on us,
so you can never hope to understand whats going on in their heads.
Be thankful that you have friends in the animal kingdom.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
You feed them? Is that right? Probably they follow you and try to get in for that reason. Also you think about them. Try not thinking about them. Seriously. All I have to do is think about a spider and one shows up in my bathtub. So I work at not thinking of them.

I am going to sound just as crazy as you do, but animals are telepathic and by thinking about them following you, your inviting them to follow you. I really hate talking about this stuff cause it does sound so nuts.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

My son is convinced that there is an epic war going on between the squirrels and the pigeons. He favours the squirrel's side and equates the pigeons with the Nazis.

That is probably true about the war. Since I am anti-squirrel, gonna have to deny the Nazis thing and plead misunderstood.

Squirrels are devious. Pigeons are strong but fair.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I feed all birds, I live in an area where there is a lot of exotic bird life,
I like to give them feed and water because it attracts them to my area.
In a high crime area at least there is consolation of seeing natural beauty.
My personal favorite are black collared barbets, but i've never formed
or shown any personal preferance to pigeons, and groups of them follow
me and seem to be watching me on a fairly constant basis. And more often,
beyond my home. I realise i'm sounding reactionary, but have you ever
been out on a Saturday night and you've noticed a group of men,
that gave you a bad vibe? Like I said I try to be rational and logical,
but sometimes your instinct just tells you that someone is sizing you
up. That's the same feeling I get from them, when they just stare at me for
hours without me chasing them away, it feels like they're looking at me for
an opening

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Maybe your "in".
You're a Goodfeather.

edit on 12/11/2012 by Theflyingweldsman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hit the gym, get tatted up....stop looking like a bowl of rice! Dammit!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Thank your lucky stars it's not one these.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
First, let me apologize because I've been sitting here giggling like a giant weirdo. Ahem, so all I can think about it the movie Evan Allmighty, where he is actually Noah, and God's all like build a boat, and Evan is all like no, so all these different types of animals keep showing up all day while he's trying to work.
Anyway...these pigeons are definitely interested in you for some reason. But I'll bet it's because they are pretty domesticated and expect you to feed them or there is something they find interesting in the reflection of the window.
Don't let your cat get at them though, they most likely have mites or fleas.They can also carry fungus and bacteria that is potentially harmful for you.
This website offers a few suggestions like using ultrasonic devices, spices like cayenne pepper and cinnamon and a replica model of a falcon.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
If you have to feed them make sure that the food goes a distance away from you, the little feckers are full of fleas. You don't want to end up with the nickname, 'itchy' or 'scratchy' now do you!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The condo where I live put fake owls all around the pool to keep the seagulls away, it actually works.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Felyn
First, let me apologize because I've been sitting here giggling like a giant weirdo. Ahem, so all I can think about it the movie Evan Allmighty, where he is actually Noah, and God's all like build a boat, and Evan is all like no, so all these different types of animals keep showing up all day while he's trying to work.
Anyway...these pigeons are definitely interested in you for some reason. But I'll bet it's because they are pretty domesticated and expect you to feed them or there is something they find interesting in the reflection of the window.
Don't let your cat get at them though, they most likely have mites or fleas.They can also carry fungus and bacteria that is potentially harmful for you.
This website offers a few suggestions like using ultrasonic devices, spices like cayenne pepper and cinnamon and a replica model of a falcon.

Wheeey, minds thinking alike at the exact same time, yes they can cause lung infections, 'Pigeon fancier's lung' is the common term, it can be serious enough too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join