It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan explanation of what will happen 2012.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by seen2much

Yes, first they where all made in his kind, then.... The beast in his kind, the cattle in their kind and the creeping in his kind.
in the second, his means his own in the first it means spirit

edit on 20-11-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

If you have a story about the origin of the world and the world is created in that story that is about the extent of the similarities you might have. It certainly does not mean that the stories are similar. By selecting the topic of creation you have introduced similarity. Beyond that the stories are very different.

The ancients saw the planets as stars that wandered. That is why they are called planets. They wander while the stars remain in place. Did ancients see the planets as being? Gods were definitely connected to the planets. The ancients certainly had no idea that the planets were discs like the Sun and Moon.

Which one says the woman was made at the same time? I thought in both the woman was made as man slept?

The one you posted has Man and Woman made at the same time.

From Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

From Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

Here it clearly says god made man in his image(spirit) male and female he created he them, spirit is both male and female. (I made the mistake of saying no gender, they have choice, are no gender, either, or both, it is spirit or soul.)

In the second he made man from the dust of the earth(atoms?) and he became a living soul.
edit on 21-11-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

In the first he made man and woman at the same time and in the second he made man and then woman from a piece of the man. That makes 2 inconsistent creation myths.

Not too hard to figure that out was it? Then we have another different myth by the Mayans.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

We seem to be going in circles now. It would be much easier to agree to disagree on this. In both popul vuh and gen2 woman was made while man slept, in gen1 man and woman was made as one in spirit.

It only says man was made twice if you read it literally or with no belief in spirit. Straight away you think god is a man by thinking man was made in his image. The contradiction is made by the reader.

Should we agreed on this? Or agree to disagree? Or should we have it your way?

I'm not a religious nut,lol. I'm not even Christian. But this contradiction does not stand its ground with me as I can see what it says. Tell me, Why would it be written to contradict itself staight away? They never saw they created man twice when writting it, makes no sense. It's written that way on purpose.

Wifi

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

It states nowhere in gen 1 that man and woman were made as spirits. That is an extraneous concept you are introducing.

It only says man was made twice if you read it literally or with no belief in spirit. Straight away you think god is a man by thinking man was made in his image. The contradiction is made by the reader.

What says man was made twice. That isn't what the bible states. Who suggests god has a gender? I did not.

I'm not a religious nut,lol. I'm not even Christian. But this contradiction does not stand its ground with me as I can see what it says. Tell me, Why would it be written to contradict itself staight away? They never saw they created man twice when writting it, makes no sense. It's written that way on purpose.

The bible contains two contradictory creation myths. It is what it is.

The Popul Vuh has another creation myth which is different. The similarities are small. The stories are different. Scholars believe that Christian concepts were introduced by the people recording the Popul Vuh who were not Mayans. The Popul Vuh was written down after the conquest of Central America.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This thread is the ultimate guideline to the fact that thousands, if not millions of people are basing theories off of bad science.

None of the things discussed in this thread are accurate, concerning the galactic plane or an allignment.

We have people using their iphones to corroborate Mayan prophecies. This is truly sad. Heaven forbid anyone reads a scientific book to unlearn all the crap that H channel has tried to pump our brains with.

Happy Thanksgiving, ATS

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Nowhere in gen one does it say he made man on earth.

I was asked to show similarities in genisis and the popul vuh, if you can't see them, fine. I do. and that's what matters to me. As we cannot even agree to disagree and you cannot see what is obvious,(to me) we will not agree on this issue...why do you insist on arguing a point you are never going to make?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I agree with stereo. You are stretching it too far. I can read both of the contradictory accounts and make it adhere to a doctrine I have to suit me. It has been done, is being done, and will continue to be done. I assure you the late bronze and iron age Israelite tribes would not have agreed with you.

However, to play devil's advocate: the Quran states that after Adam and Eve sinned, God says to both and satan, "Now get ye down to earth all of you in enmity to eachother." Satan then asks for respite to allow him to dceive humanity and God acquieses.

We should not look to scripture for science, we have science for that. According to the Bible and Quran the world is flat. Some Native Americans believe we were made in a mud oven. If you are going to base your scintific knowledge on such sources then do not surprised that you will not make sense.

As for the Maya: may you please cite one expert or scholar that holds the earth will end according to the ancient Mayans?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by seen2much

Hmmmm, assumptions. I don't think the mayans thought the world would end.

I think they thought an age would end which it does, and a new one begins. It doesn't mean everyone will die for this new age to begin. The way I've come to understand it is that collectively we will move into a new direction, be it science, religion, NWO, the singularity, ect. The way everyone is separated by opinions, mindset and the like, and we have everything set up to travel any of these paths, will it be just one? Nah I doubt it, we will proberly carry on squaballing taking all paths as we are now until some how, some way, all thoughts, ideas and beliefs all merge and make scence and and everyone understands "this is who we are" or are not in some cases. But the wheat will be seperated from the chaff. What is wheat and chaff? well that's a matter of opinion. The wheat nowadays is reprogrammed GMO. And chaff will be pure and natural.

edit on 22-11-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Well one can argue any date is the end of one period and start of another. It is natural to categorize and one can do it arbitrarily. The invention of the cumbustible engine changed the world as did the wheel. I can choose the beginning of WWI as the beginning of the modern era or WWII. I can choose 9/11 as the start of a new incremental world war, or I can say it was the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Nowhere in genesis does it say anything other than making man. Your introduction of this notion of creating spirits is unwarranted. Just as unwarranted are your claims of similarities between the Popul Vuh and either of the 2 myths in genesis.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I think they thought an age would end which it does, and a new one begins.

Nowhere do the Mayans make any such suggestion.

This idea is a modern invention from new agers.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Can I ask all those that truly believe Dec 21st is the end so promise not to come back when the 22nd dawns?

It would seem fair and honourable.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

Why are you dropping that into this thread? Has anyone said the world is going to end? Your comment is of topic... No one is saying that.
edit on 23-11-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

I think they thought an age would end which it does, and a new one begins.

Nowhere do the Mayans make any such suggestion.

This idea is a modern invention from new agers.

What about the 5 worlds? You are full of it.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The issue about the likeness of man has nothing to do with the discussion.

The issue is whether or not man and woman were made at the same time or different times. That shows there are 2 separate and distinct creation myths in genesis. That is not the only reason to recognize 2 myths.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

There is a single creation in Mayan mythology. There are steps to that creation.

That is distinct from the long count. The long count coming up to 2012 has no suggestion of a new age or whatever. All of that is new age horse pucky concocted after 1983. It is modern,

To confuse events in the Popul Vuh with the long count needs to cleared up don't you think?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join