It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan explanation of what will happen 2012.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

I made this thread so can call it mine, it's a open forum I never said it wasn't or you are not welcome.

Is it not astronomy with ties to conciousness? Advanced astrotheology? If not well it times pretty good.

Did you not say the Mayans know next to nothing and to ask an archeologist? If that was not you, then apologies.

The con artist in the video is offering another perspective. What did you think about what he was saying about CERN and lightbulbs? And the short bathe in galactic energy?

Being the first poster or the last poster does not in any way signify ownership.

I stated that modern people cannot know about ancient Maya without research. Hence you need to go to those that do research on the ancient Maya: the archaeologists.

Didn't I laugh out loud at the notion that the Earth would be bathed in energy from the galactic center? This con artist is full of baloney when it comes to anything at all dealing with the sciences.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

It's a metaphor, amber being gold and mud being worthless. Every human has the same potential. This is how we have been held back, we can't understand and take it literally.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Those were actually previous creations. According to the Popol Vuh modern man is made of corn and water. What's the metaphor there and how does it relate to the three previous creations that were made of mud, wood, and amber respectively?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Exactly what was the ancient belief? Does it survive or is it lost? If it was lost then how do you know they are far from the truth today when the belief was lost? I'm willing to admit I don't know, so I can only speculate. I won't say it's fact because I dont know. But you seem pretty sure. Cool.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Those were actually previous creations. According to the Popol Vuh modern man is made of corn and water. What's the metaphor there and how does it relate to the three previous creations that were made of mud, wood, and amber respectively?

Corn is still the golden potential water takes the shape of the vessel you give it, so to say modern man can be manipulated to conform exactly to the evironment provided, be it mainstream education, science, media, archeology and religion.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
reply to post by syrinx high priest

It's a metaphor, amber being gold and mud being worthless. Every human has the same potential. This is how we have been held back, we can't understand and take it literally.

"All men are created equal" is the biggest lie ever told. Actually, it is a cruel sarcastic remark put down on one of the most famous documents of our time, just to mock us.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MrUncreated

Who is mocking us? A silver spoon is not part of the human creation.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Illuminati, "Dark Cabal" or whatever you want to call the people who have the real power and control on this world, and know the real truth of things and won't share the knowledge.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated

Illuminati, "Dark Cabal" or whatever you want to call the people who have the real power and control on this world, and know the real truth of things and won't share the knowledge.

What knowledge are you seeking that is not shared or Out there somewhere for you to find? I'm not saying I have the knowledge I only have beleifs. When it comes down to belief only you can choose what is knowledge. Much knowledge is out there and lots of the old stuff was written metaphorically or as I like to say multi dimensionally. Much knowledge is hidden here, if you can look past the literal.
The real truth of things cannot be given to the individual, it has to be sought out and realised. The veil is in your mind. Not outside being hung up by a group hiding the knowledge. We are distracted from this knowledge by these "cabals" and give them the power to control us by consenting to it. Saying nothing about it when more control is imposed is giving consent

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Every human has the same potential. This is how we have been held back, we can't understand and take it literally.

Not true. Are we all as smart as an Einstein? Can we all be as athletic as Olympic gold medalists? People are all different and that is what makes people interesting.

Exactly what was the ancient belief? Does it survive or is it lost? If it was lost then how do you know they are far from the truth today when the belief was lost? I'm willing to admit I don't know, so I can only speculate. I won't say it's fact because I dont know. But you seem pretty sure. Cool.

What we do know is that the con man in the OP is clueless about the ancient Maya and science.

Corn is still the golden potential water takes the shape of the vessel you give it, so to say modern man can be manipulated to conform exactly to the evironment provided, be it mainstream education, science, media, archeology and religion.

Speculation and way off the mark as far as the Popul Vuh is concerned.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Not true. Are we all as smart as an Einstein? Can we all be as athletic as Olympic gold medalists? People are all different and that is what makes people interesting.

I'm talking about qualities, the essence of what defines good or bad in human nature.

What we do know is that the con man in the OP is clueless about the ancient Maya and science.

So you have figured out everything this guy knows by listening to a translation of him speaking for 30mins

Speculation and way off the mark as far as the Popul Vuh is concerned.

Was a perfect interpretation of "modern" man though. Speculation? Catch phrase more like. Say what you see.

edit on 18-11-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I'm talking about qualities, the essence of what defines good or bad in human nature.

We already know that different societies have different beliefs about right and wrong.

So you have figured out everything this guy knows by listening to a translation of him speaking for 30mins

It took much less time than that to figure out that this guy is completely clueless.

Was a perfect interpretation of "modern" man though. Speculation? Catch phrase more like. Say what you see.

The issue is the Popul Vuh and not some off the mark speculations about the Popul Vuh.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

For the most part the ancient beliefs were lost. There are some stelae and monuments that depict or describe scenes from Mayan mythology. When we compare these to the later sources we notice key differences. Differences that would help push the Maya towards Christianity.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Both Would appear to be based on astrology and the movements of the heavens no?

Each with there own interpretation, but the Christian interpretation was imposed upon the indigenous.

Both creation myths are similar when you don't read into the labels of beings and interpret the basic storyline as energetic movements in the first instances of creation.

edit on 18-11-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

And your point in saying this is?

I'm pointing out there is no essence of what is good and bad. They are subjective measures that change from place to place and person to person.

All creation myths tend to be written in mataphor, if you think what they ment was was literal and they believed in the literal interpretation,

All are written in metaphor? Is that your opinion?

I have never suggested that ancients were not intelligent. To the contrary I have been very clear to show that they were smart and created marvels such as the pyramids and moved large stones.

As to your claim about corn and water and its meaning in the Popul Vuh, I think our comments are meaningless guesses of no value.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

The Popul Vuh is its own myth and bears little resemblance to the 2 different creation myths mentioned in Genesis.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by racer451
reply to post by WiseThinker

oh no, no misunderstanding at all. you speak as to be in the know making claims without reference. Can you bring some publishing to us so as to concrete your position?

If not, you are ranting and as I understand there is a forum for Ranting.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
reply to post by stereologist

I find so many who dispute without bringing any publishing from respected source.
Calling crap on an issue without bringing something other than a built in crap detector doesn't buy its self shed light on any topics...
Good day to you!
edit on 16-11-2012 by racer451 because: line fix

To be fair, an issue is "crap" until those making the claims verify said claims.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

It is clear that the Popul Vuh is completely different from the 2 creation myths of the bible.

If you think they are similar then by all means post that information instead of posting ad hominems.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join