It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"And So It Begins"...REALLY??? Are You Really That Arrogant?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
In the words or the great Jeff Tweedy:

"Come on children
You're acting like children
Every generation thinks
Its the end of the world

And all ya fat followers
Get fit fast
Every generation thinks it's the last
Thinks its the end of the world"

These guys (doomsayers not Wilco) have been around since the beginning of time and will be around until one of them is right, not much you can do about them.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Lately, the "and so it beginses" (maybe we can coin ASIB) seems to be coupled with a lot of statements of "certainty." as an example, "The People have spoken. Now comes the certain collapse of the U.S., followed by the inevitable takeover by China. And so it begins..."

I've seen your point demonstrated so many times lately, it's ridiculous, and almost always coupled with one of those definitive, certain statements, usually by someone who doesn't understand the subject matter whatsoever. Where the get the certainty, and the knowledge of definitive "beginningness", I have no idea. I often wonder if they pay attention to how often their certainties turn up wrong and wonder what could have possibly averted what they knew to be beginning for sure.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
So. It has come to this.

I get why this bugs you. Please describe how the dominoes fall, right?

edit on 11/12/2012 by Vitruvius because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/12/2012 by Vitruvius because: Darn cat. Honest!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Guys there are not many who know, what will happen dec21, the 7 rays are turned off and the 12 cosmic rays are turned on, as well as the adamant particles will be released to the air. This will speed up ascension, our consciousness will expand. The rays will increase our DNA in time. It is also then end of 3d earth

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
And so it begins, the thread that ends all the "And so it begins," threads. We all knew it was coming, and it is now here. (please add your favorite doom implying cliche HERE)
edit on 13-11-2012 by Orygun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
ATS is a fun site, but its filled with the most fearful people. I guess its natural that people repeat the same pattern they see in the mass media, using scary headlines to get attention, because it works on most people. For a while.

Until they get so tired of the fear that they no longer reacts to it at all. And thats a nice place to be, because then you have learned to just detach from the drama and accept whatever happens without worries. But while people are learning, they will keep scaring eachother.

Its about polarity. If you are fearful, you get attracted to fearful things. If you are peaceful, you get attracted to peaceful things.

edit on 13-11-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by frenzy4444
[more

OK frenzy444, help me out here... I'm going to be 'the stupid one' and ask, 'what do all your comments really mean?!'u sound like u know your 'shhtufff'. Maybe even one of those 'gifted' ones.
(Note: Perhaps u don't want to reply here since we 'shouldn't be crying wolf' and i respect OP topic/request-it is his post, so no biggie if this is ignored.)

But seriously, instead of me pretending this time after reading this consciousness fruit salad description of another 'awakening' (no offense to you, its the whole verbiage that makes my brain feel I'm drowning in coolwhip -fat free of course). I read this stuff over and over and don't get it so I am finally going to ask. I'm not being lazy, I've read many blogs, listened to podcasts,posts here, etc, and im trying to find this translated in English so i can wrap my head around this. But I can't find answers to complete the picture. These don't need to all be answered but in an example, here is how clueless I remain, such as:

(1) when we start 'raising'am I supposed to assume I am already dead? (2)Will I be somewhere in space once ( or if) I find myself in a 4th dimention? So is that a dimension on earth or am I assuming its sucked up by the black whole already ? (3)Does this happen after, before, during some sort of apocolyptic event u read so much about? (4) when this process begins will we all know, and/or what happens to my husband, mom, sisters, CATS....everything just goes away and we're or just me in some dark chamber? (5) when I see on here [shft] do issue this is referring to its context as henning while our so called polar region flip and south becomes north, etc?(6) so if DNA really changes, I will, or am, supposed to know this how?

And unrelated, the idea of this being the 2nd night in a row I'm up without sleep, unable to get anything done and know I have tons of things to push out but all I can do is sit on this dum PC and 'accidentaly' fall on this site every night, and not tired have anything to do with it?

(OP, there u go, last statement for your topic support....see what happens to people when they do that and post this content? and how unprofficiant, disorganized, and lost they can become from what really should be important, like to take care of their health -by sleeping.

And for the rest of the world: as u noticed above, I've already bashed myself and recognized I may be turning myself into the looney bin; not needed to be reminded, so please go easy. And if anything at all, perhaps use the energy on translating the mystical conscious salad I'm trying to decipher (and missing a few grapes from) that others seem to have plenty of in order to interpret this astrologic universal meaning with some underlying 'surroundings or reality around it. Then i don't have to read about this stuff anymore. And be up another night with unfinished priorities. Heck those have been still lingering out there >6months it seems, now overwhelmed to a point of suffication-pretty soon-shutting down completely. Which tends to be how I cope with stress of late.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

So.... It has come to this....

I'm sorry I had to start with an equally dramatic one liner... I agree, I have grown very tired over the years of creeping seeing threads exactly as you say. It's becoming more frequent because it's getting closer to the fantastical claim the world is ending, and every day some new " Scientist," "Amateur Astronomer," or fanatically insane conspiracy theorist bends more inert evidence to support the "Coming times" as they love to call it.

It's very simple how ever, and I understand how difficult it may be but we simply don't have to listen, look, or even entertain their ideas. I have on many occasions tried to quell the hysteria and offer my logic reason and research but they don't care. They are set in their ways, and nothing will change them until it doesn't happen, at which point they will all pick up the next fantastical doom scenario and play it out over and over like a broken record until they get something remotely close to what they think will happen at which point they will expect recognition, pats on the back, or glory which frankly makes no sense to me. Posting your fears, woes and fantasies on ATS isn't really going to save the masses, nor is it going to get you any sort of credit or recognition, and the unfortunate thing is those of us here on ATS willing to put the time, effort and research into crediting or discrediting a theory only draw more attention to these " Doomsday " threads.

It's simple, attention is all they really want. Whether or not the scenario is true, they want to be the one to say it. The online hero to have awoken the masses to the inevitable doom silently awaiting the odd 7billion unaware human lives. It's fantasy, people like to fantasize. Some about sex, others money, their weddings, dungeons and dragons, video games and unfortunately the end of the world.

My favourite thing to say when anyone talks about the end of the world is this. " So what are you going to do about it? " They never have an answer, frankly if the end of the world is right around the corner what the hell are any of us going to do about it. It's always beyond catastrophic, so really why even pay attention to it. We would all be dead in a Nibiru, Nuclear holocaust, Global Asteroid threat. No bunker, or amount of prepping will save you when the atmosphere is incapable of sustaining life.

This is my two cents on it anyways. Just ignore them, I know it's hard. I really wish I could hit them in the face with a book on radiation, astrophysics, or even common sense(we should write this. It would save millions of lives.)

I feel your pain OP. S&F

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by frenzy4444

* Whack Whack whack*

I was about to tear you apart with logic, and science, but I figured you must of bumped you head some time ago. Maybe I'll give up on writing a book of common sense, it makes a better blunt object instead.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

I must admit that after reading the posts I am finding it very difficult not to start a thread with the phrase 'Once Upon a Time' just to see what would happen.

Fortunately, a little self-control kicked in...oh man maybe 'Abandon All Hope' from Dante? No, must resist....

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Right on buddy. I find myself agreeing with you the majority of the time, and this case is no exception. I just shake my head at all of what I call "garbage" threads, that are clearly pathetic attempts at garnering stars and flags, which seem to important recognition for some. I think ATS should do away with any type of ranking system, because too many members star and/or flag threads and posts based on everything but the merit of the information and the hard work put into the creation of the content. So basically, the stars and flags do not really serve their intended purpose anymore, if they ever did, which I do not know.

What really gets me is the sheer number of threads that have maybe two or three lines, and just are basically pointless. I mean at least give us your viewpoint in a well thought out manner, or propose a question that has not already been asked a thousand times, and do so in a manner that creates more content than a couple of sentences. I do not find that this is very hard to do at all, and why others are not able to abide by these common sense actions is beyond me. And I'm pretty sure there is something in the terms and conditions regarding starting a new thread of that type as well.

The end of the world threads are classic, lol, and always annoying. I think a big part of the problem is that too many people are gullible. The phrase fact-checking is not in their vocabulary, and I have seen people simply believe something because another member made a thread about it. This is how many of the "conspiracy theories" that are obviously not true at all get perpetuated and live on. Do not get me wrong though, as I am not saying these events do not exist. Conspiracies and similar events do exist, but they are not to be found everywhere, and are actually rather rare in the scheme of things. So again, right on, as you hit the nail on the head.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
What the hell is it with this statement?

It seems that so many posters believe that when they post this statement with their threads of "DOOM", "FEAR", "APOCALYPSE" "2012!" and on and on and on..., it's the only statement they have to make on a poorly constructed and researched OP.

"This is it" and "SO IT BEGINS!"...WTH?

What makes you so knowledgeable that you can proclaim the end of the World with your simple 4 word statement and then just leave it at that? As if that's all that needs to be said with no discussion, argument,etc?

This is nothing but an attempt to gain stars and flags with no knowledge, research or insight of the subject at hand.

In the last few weeks I have personally witnessed at least 30 threads with "And so it begins" titles or opening content. What is beginning? How do you know? What makes it so? Most of these threads are only one or two sentences with one source (Maybe) and that's it. And then "And So It Begins!".

We all know what is happening in the World. We all know how close we are to WW3. We all know about the encroaching Police State. I myself have posted many threads on these very subjects.

But believe me when I say that when it truly begins, you won't have the chance to post it. So quit the drama and let's discuss what's REALLY happening so that when it is TRULY beginning, no one will cry wolf.

Peace

edit on 12-11-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

These are the words of a person who still doesn't get it. Here is what being blind will do for you. He doesn't understand. He lashes out against doom and gloom because after all the warnings and all the evidense, he still doesn't get it. I suppose there be some that have to actually die in the process before they get it.
"And so it begins". But you don't know what's beginning. Was you one who continually battered the messengers and muddied the water when people were trying to get the word out?
Please, someone tell him what it is. He may be ready to understand now. He seems confused. That's a good sign.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The end of the world as we know it could happen at any time, however there is no scientific evidence to suggest its going to happen any time soon. Be prepared by all means, or as best as you can, but dont live as if its going to happen soon as it may not happen for billions of years. The most likely scenerio is economic collapse, but if you're like me and work just to pay the bills, food on plate and roof over head then who cares. Id like to see how they plan mass nationwide evictions when it does happen and there are always ways to get the food that you need. So enough of the doom talk, enjoy life while its still enjoyable.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I always like the "I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this....." threads. Man they make me laugh. It's more than likely always something about an asteroid shaped like Jeremy Kyle hurtling towards the earth at neck breaking speeds to implement galactic justice on us. I do think some people like to have these prospects in store for us as it brightens up there day, in some sadistic way. They probably walk around like wannabe prophets in robes, keeper of knowledge unknown to the rest of the population.

An ATS Doomer waits for a bus. A horrible tax paying voter cuts in line:
Doomer: "Hey, I was before you, wait your turn!"
Ignorant know nothing: "Sue me, Asshole"
Doomer walks on to the bus smiling and thinks to himself, "Well I know something you don't" and accidently screams it on the bus - "...your're all going to die, mwahahaha!!!!"

He gets arrested at the next stop.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

In the last few weeks I have personally witnessed at least 30 threads with "And so it begins" titles or opening content. What is beginning? How do you know? What makes it so? Most of these threads are only one or two sentences with one source (Maybe) and that's it. And then "And So It Begins!".

We all know what is happening in the World. We all know how close we are to WW3. We all know about the encroaching Police State. I myself have posted many threads on these very subjects.

But believe me when I say that when it truly begins, you won't have the chance to post it. So quit the drama and let's discuss what's REALLY happening so that when it is TRULY beginning, no one will cry wolf.

Peace

Originally posted by cantyousee
These are the words of a person who still doesn't get it. Here is what being blind will do for you. He doesn't understand. He lashes out against doom and gloom because after all the warnings and all the evidense, he still doesn't get it. I suppose there be some that have to actually die in the process before they get it.
"And so it begins". But you don't know what's beginning. Was you one who continually battered the messengers and muddied the water when people were trying to get the word out?
Please, someone tell him what it is. He may be ready to understand now. He seems confused. That's a good sign.

And there's the perfect example of the OP's point. He's not denying that bad things are coming or "lashing out against gloom and doom". He's saying that unsubstantiated stuff like this annoys him.

What is it he's "blind" to? He's seen lots of "warnings and evidense". What are you referring to? The threat of nuclear war? The consequences of living unsustainably? The Rapture? You don't say, thereby negating any possibility of discussion.

You do, however, ask that "please, someone tell him what it is". :shk:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cantyousee

And there's the perfect example of the OP's point. He's not denying that bad things are coming or "lashing out against gloom and doom". He's saying that unsubstantiated stuff like this annoys him.

What is it he's "blind" to? He's seen lots of "warnings and evidense". What are you referring to? The threat of nuclear war? The consequences of living unsustainably? The Rapture? You don't say, thereby negating any possibility of discussion.

You do, however, ask that "please, someone tell him what it is". :shk:
Ok, I'll tell you. It won't do any good probably unless you are one of the exceptions to the rule. I don't count you out by any means. I don't know you and I cannot therefore make that judgement. Be it according to your
faith.
Obama's next four years will not be like his first four years. He will overtly overthrow this country and you will be taxed and administered until you howl. God's judgements are and have been and will be poured out upon this nation. He is using Obama for this purpose. It is a done deal.
This is the culmination of this present era. It will end with violence and calamity until there be an annointing and a remnant saved. The end of America is all part of this. It is almost time for the Saints of the Most High to possess the kingdom. The kingdom is coming. Antichrist will reign first for a short time. Many will be made white. The wicked shall do wickedly and none of the wicked will understand but the wise shall understand. The world is entering a time of great tribulation.
It is neccesary that you stop whatever you are doing and start seeking God if you haven't already. If you have then you already know some of these things. The ignorant and the unbelieveing will parish. It is a matter of life and death. More importantly, spiritual death or life. Eternity lies in the balance. I wish you well.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by cantyousee

Mom!?! Is that you?

Well, thank you for coming out with it. Now I see where you're coming from and I'll do you the same courtesy. I don't believe gods, angels, or antichrists are real. Which means our dialogue kinda fizzles out at this point, but there may be people reading this who can now engage you on the same wavelength (pro or con).

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I know right!!! It seriously pisses me off... I used to admire this place for all the info and articles but the kind of things you mentioned is occurring a lot. All I do is yell at people on posts. I cant stand the place I love being destroyed with false info.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey_Mysterio
reply to post by jude11

I know right!!! It seriously pisses me off... I used to admire this place for all the info and articles but the kind of things you mentioned is occurring a lot. All I do is yell at people on posts. I cant stand the place I love being destroyed with false info.

I have found myself getting angry as well. Not my style at all.

Perhaps ATS needs an ATS Chill out zone with pink walls and puppies...yes...lots of puppies...

Peace

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

What the hell is it with this statement?...

It's just one of the stock fear-building quotes to try to build momentum in a new thread on conspiracy boards. There are plenty of like-minded quotes, such as "I have a really bad feeling about this.." and "this is really really bad.." and "this is going to end really badly." Often accompanied by many !!!!'s, caps, and other OMG inducing punctuation.

I appreciate comments like that personally. It's a great red flag that the thread is probably going to be ridden with wild guesswork, broad leaps of logic and a massive lack of common sense. I appreciate people going to the effort to warn me in advance that I am entering a fearmongering, fluff-ridden topic.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join