It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy fight club

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Here's a funny story. Or it sounds funny at first glance.

Fight

I will quote only this little snippet:

AN 80-year-old retired priest allegedly bit an ear off another elderly clergyman during a violent brawl over a parking bay in their block of units.

So, these are priests. After I had a laugh, I started to feel nauseated.

These are the men, that speak on behalf of God. These are the men, that are holier than thou.
These are the men that absolve sins, and claim a moral high ground.

Yet, they would almost kill each other, over a parking space....so sad, yet so revealing. Of course, I'm aware there are a far worse crimes done by the clergy, but this is so stupid, so "human", so primitive.

What happened to "turn the other cheek", or "do not unto others..." ?

What I can conclude from this article:

These people have no basic understanding of the message they are suppose to convey the their "flock". They are not believers of the word.

Clergy is a sham. I've known that most of my life. Things like these only subscribe to that point of view.

You might say I'm a bit harsh here, putting all clergy in the same basket. Sure there are priests that are great people, honest human beings. I'm not disputing that. Merely disputing the sanctity of the cloth. Yet they would very much like you to believe, that they are holy....their paychecks depend on that.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Sure there are priests that are great people, honest human beings. I'm not disputing that. Merely disputing the sanctity of the cloth.

So who is the target here for your rant ?

Does the cloth make all good priests bad or something ?

Is the cloth like a cloak of darkness where the priest puts it on and turns into an evil zombie who then eats fellow humans ?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

You made the point, yet you missed it. May I emphasize for clarity?

These are the men, that speak on behalf of God. These are the men, that are holier than thou.
They're just men, they're not saints. They get indigestion, lose their hearing, get arthritis, feel cranky, they're just men. Did you expect every priest to be a sinless, bodiless, spirit who spends his time contemplating eternal truth?

By the way, how ya doin' on sympathy, understanding, and forgiveness?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

They're just men, they're not saints. They get indigestion, lose their hearing, get arthritis, feel cranky, they're just men. Did you expect every priest to be a sinless, bodiless, spirit who spends his time contemplating eternal truth?

I think i didn't miss the point. As I said...the cloth. Not so much as an outfit, but as something that stands for a set of certain ideals in our culture. My point was...and I pointed it out in the OP is...that the whole religious agenda is based upon our accepting the religious institutions as a moral guidance. Hell, it is the very same thing they use against the atheists. Them having no moral compass since there is apparently no higher authority in the minds of atheists.

But you wearing the cloth, means that you represent not only your self. You represent God, the Church, religion and in the end...yourself.

This rant is directed at the fact, that they are just preaching...not practicing. And they are the ones that should be practicing, more than anybody else.

It is not the same thing for Mike Tyson to bite the ear of his opponent or a priest biting the ear of a fellow priest.

The same reasoning is used for turning a blind eye for all the child abuse done by the religious institutions. Oh it's not that bad, they are human like us. Others might be doing it, but you can't. Because you are a higher authority. You represent truth, peace and love. At least you advertise it so.

Sympathy, understanding and forgiveness you say...I have it....for the non aggressive, honest and just. There is a limit to understanding and sympathy...that's why we have prisons.

Just to sure, let me say it...it's not about those two priests. It's about the people of cloth. In the end it comes down to the fact that religion will always try to hide their own crimes, in order to remain the authority. This biting incident is not a real crime as we would call it, but it's reminder...they are no authority....on anything.

By the way...are you a religious person? Do you go to church on Sundays maybe? Listen to the pope much? Is it Ok for him to punish you with 10 Hale Mary's and 20 Dear Fathers for your admitted sins, after he had just bit an ear of a man over a parking space?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

What you said sums it up just nicely.
bravo!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!! Tyson's demon strikes again!!!!!!!

In all seriousness come on what with the biting folk, isn't a good old punch in the face plenty?

top topics

join