It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man has been arrested for posting an image of a burning poppy!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
Oh, and us trained killers will be given our P45's as soon as we get back from fighting wars you impotent PC warriors failed to stop coz your ire only spreads to the internet..

We as soldiers risked our own careers a few weeks ago to stop the corperate takeover of our military..

You was warned

What did you do?

Nothing as usual accept spout crap on the web...

Enjoy your brave new world without us...Coz we are sooo taking care of our own.... The mercenaries may bug you though....*shrugs*...

Bit confused reading this, and I don't think it's my comprehension skills that are at fault. Who are the "PC warriors" on this thread? Usually terms like 'PC warrior', 'keyboard warrior' and 'armchair general' are used for people who, for want of a better term, talk a good fight/war/whatever but only from behind the safety of their computer screen; it being generally understood they'd # themselves in a real scenario. I've seen none of this in this thread.

Regarding your point about "corperate takeover", a few people have generally placed the blame at 'big business' in a lot of this. Most conflicts over the last 100 years or so seem to have big business at the root of them, or at least big business making ridiculous amounts of money out of conflict. It's one of the main reasons that a lot of politically vocal people are against wars: working class kids are the cannon fodder and the only real winners are shareholders of firms exploiting opportunities for profit.

Also, did you demonstration against the takeover have any real effect? Did it change anything? Was you really able to do anything about the situation? If you weren't, you might want to look at the way you through the word "impotent" around regarding other people.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by celticniall

even if people don't respect solider's enough to wear a poppy, does not mean they have to be disrepectful about it. burn a poppy today... a bible tomorrow... flag next week..... actions lead to actions so yes he should of been reprimanded for it.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by celticniall

Believe it or not, a lot of people see this poppy wearing as remembering the soldiers that murdered and raped people and lands in Ireland, Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine, etc.....

I'm not saying that is my opinion, but when someone posts their protest over this, and gets arrested, does that not amount to a "comply or else" mentality.

This is what I remember when I see those little red poppies:

When will peaceful protest be criminalised?

It has been already. Maybe a better question is, "What are the options now that peaceful protest is criminalized?"

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

We was sucscessful in the vote..

But PMO's are comming..

The reason why you should be pissed at that is they have no loyalty to any country or people so will kill you if hired to do so..

The government have already made it known that PMO's will take the shortfall of our military...

Be afraid..

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I have posted a picture of a burning dollar bill to FB it made people angry and confused it was great.

On topic: he is free to do whatever he wants, not hurting anyone. Just making an opinion or a point is how we SHOULD use social media. Its a great tool when used right.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by Merriman Weir

We was sucscessful in the vote..

But PMO's are comming..

The reason why you should be pissed at that is they have no loyalty to any country or people so will kill you if hired to do so..

The government have already made it known that PMO's will take the shortfall of our military...

The political left have been making this argument for decades. The Big Business and capitalism of the right owes no allegiance to anything other than shareholders. However, too many in the police, the armed forces &c have written us off as mard-arse idiots for a long time.

Genuine question: were you bothered about this before it the Tory government came in 'the party that supports our boys' turned out to not be that bothered after all? Or was that 'different' then?

Be afraid..

Rightly or wrongly, I'm too angry to be afraid.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The gentleman who was arrested would likely have been taken into police custody for a public order offence. I have read a few posts within this thread and I have to say some people absolutely disgust me. The Armed Forces are HEROES here in the UK. Members of my family served in the army during the war. Regardless of what some stupid conspiracy theorists think the Army is there to protect us when certain things hit the fan and sometimes secret missions and top secret work is needed in order to fulfil national security.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorT
The gentleman who was arrested would likely have been taken into police custody for a public order offence. I have read a few posts within this thread and I have to say some people absolutely disgust me. The Armed Forces are HEROES here in the UK. Members of my family served in the army during the war. Regardless of what some stupid conspiracy theorists think the Army is there to protect us when certain things hit the fan and sometimes secret missions and top secret work is needed in order to fulfil national security.

Time and time again, the armed forces fought to keep the UK free of tyranny, fought to protect our rights to say what we want, when we want.

That INCLUDES posting a picture of a burning poppy, if they want, no matter how distasteful you might find it. The negative right to freedom of expression, which they fought so valiantly in the past to protect, does not say "except where it annoys the armed forces".

The man had a right to post that image, provided it did not break any laws (it didn't). His arrest was wrong, and any charges surrounding it are, at best, exaggerated, or at worst, outright fabrications, to attempt to justify the arrest.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
What happened to the muslims burning hundreds of poppies in the UK as a protest? Was that their religious or a different right, to deliberately offend with malice? It seems to me one rule fits all or one rule fits none.

Cheers - Dave

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join