It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum Consciousness and the Classical Brain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Hows about the process that takes place when information stored under a heading must be reclassified. For example, info that was stored as false is given a new heading of true when new information is gained.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai
reply to post by Logarock

In my opinion Bipolar disorder is in effect, the result of the need to have people work 16 hours a day, like in the case of early industrialization..

Any thoughts?
edit on 15-11-2012 by Kashai because: Changed content

Do you to say that a person with such DNA conditions, having been passed down, finds it hard to relax?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

What if each of us are a part of an infinite puzzle, each peace being reflective of the whole.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

In my opinion Bipolar disorder is in effect, the result of the need to have people work 16 hours a day, like in the case of early industrialization..

Any thoughts?

Do you to say that a person with such DNA conditions, having been passed down, finds it hard to relax?

They find it hard to believe things will work in there favor.

Keeping New York clean must have been an incredible task prior to electricity and the internal combustion engine.

My impression of psychosis is that it has a cultural basis, in effect that related to DNA, as a reuslt of environment.. Conditioning as a result of societies needs, resulted in behavior inconsistent with developmental progress.

Machines have replaced the street sweeper.....

Emotional experiences affect descendants....

Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Thanks for the posts.

I'm glad someone mentioned the quantum eraser experiment. This experiment and experiments like delayed choice show the universe must be conscious as Penrose and Hammeroff propose. I also like Biocentrism by Lanza.

These are exciting times. This is because for years, science treated consciousness like a step cousin to the material brain. So consciousness was an emergent property of the brain.

More and more scientist are realizing this doesn't hold water. I was watching a Through the Wormhole episode on the Science Channel that asked Is the Universe Alive. I found it on You Tube.

This is Science and has nothing to do with the Supernatural. This is science explaining consciousness, life after death and telepathy.

What these experiments show is that the wave function can contain which path information but that information doesn't become a subjective state until a conscious observer makes the choice to measure it and which path information becomes known.

This means the universe must be conscious. So consciousness is embedded in space-time geometry like Penrose and Hammerof propose.

We could have evolved Quantum Consciousness and it gave us a big advantage within the Hominid population.
edit on 16-11-2012 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Any thoughts?

They find it hard to believe things will work in there favor.

Keeping New York clean must have been an incredible task prior to electricity and the internal combustion engine.

My impression of psychosis is that it has a cultural basis, in effect that related to DNA, as a reuslt of environment.. Conditioning as a result of societies needs, resulted in behavior inconsistent with developmental progress.

Machines have replaced the street sweeper.....

Emotional experiences affect descendants....

Any thoughts?

We have so many, in the west, that have become seperated from the rigors and anxieties of everyday survival that our fathers, going back many many generations, had to face on a day to day basis. The ease and compartmentalisation have had effects.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Consciousness needs a new model. Classic science has let us down in many ways. This will one day fundamentally change our views and relationship with the universe.... We are not victims. We are creators and the universe is our mirror.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

What if each of us are a part of an infinite puzzle, each peace being reflective of the whole.

Depends on how you want to translate that. Maybe its not a puzzle at all but simply a replication process with the whole not being reflected by anything but the body. What we see as the whole is based on the shared basic common denominators which are information limited as far as they help us understand mans spritual nature. The better of us being anomalies and not perfected by this but being perfected as others succumb to gravity and the weight as it were.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Depends on how you want to translate that. Maybe its not a puzzle at all but simply a replication process with the whole not being reflected by anything but the body. What we see as the whole is based on the shared basic common denominators which are information limited as far as they help us understand mans spritual nature. The better of us being anomalies and not perfected by this but being perfected as others succumb to gravity and the weight as it were.

By puzzle I am suggesting that each of us as individuals have a perspective upon the whole, one that goes beyond words. In so far as the large scale structure of the Universe and the small scale we consider the same thing a Manifold.

" As above, so below," in interpretation, lends credence to a temporal value, A process inherent to reality.

In context, Quantum Mechanics violates temporal values save one, this being the moment.

Strange Quark Consiousness

Any thoughts?

edit on 16-11-2012 by Kashai because: Modified content

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf
I think this in itself speaks volumes about the present day attitudes of most of those within the established scientific community. Nobody raises an eyebrow when discussing the quantum phenomena of moving forwards or backwards in time, particles existing in more than one place at once or amazing experiments such as the double slit and the eraser experiments. But when it comes to the subject of human consciousness and many of the fundamental questions such as life after death no one wants to touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Humans -- through religion, science, or new age philosophy -- have demonstrated such a strong biological urge to reason away the terror of death that many of us have recalibrated our skepticism accordingly, i.e., we require extraordinary evidence to back up such claims.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join