It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your take on what will happen on Dec. 21, 2012

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Well, I have a half day on Friday 21st and I think I'm going into town to do my Christmas shopping... Oh, and nothing at all is going to happen to us as a collective that day and everyone will laugh at the dooms-dayers once more.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

Look up the thread on this forum by Hidden Hand, Some very interesting comments about exactly what will happen on the 21 December

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I really hope the world does end on the 21st...

It will save me from a Christmas with my folks.

Peace

Rock Ape

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Lots of stupid people will commit mass suicide increasing the world's IQ level and making supermarket queues shorter. A new golden age if you will.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
hopefully the world ends

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I personally don't expect anything destructively apocalyptic to take place on a planetary scale. The year-long build up to this 'special' date might provoke some 'believers' to treat Dec. 21 as a day unlike any other -- but how, remains to be seen. It might take the form of acts of desperation (looting, civil disobedience...), wanton partying, or peaceful spiritual observances of some sort.

I think the greatest impact that this date will have already has taken place by way of the attention paid to it in recent months. It has promoted a greater awareness of things historical, cosmological and spiritual that might otherwise have gone ignored as usual.

I intend to spend the day observing and following how others react to it.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Mass suicides will happen either way. If something does happen, people will commit suicide out of fear. If nothing happens, a good portion of the spiritual new-agers will commit suicide out of disappointment.

Either way it's going to be an entertaining (and possibly funny) outcome.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I hope that we will experience the evolution of the mind to inherit new capabilities of understanding. The pin will drop globally and people will begin a peaceful revolution to usher in a golden age of human prosperity and abundance. But then everybody gets chlamydia in their eyes until nobody on the planet can see. We eventually learn to survive blind by making clicking noises to navigate until we accidentally clicked too hard and activated the pineal gland, giving everybody 1090p Technicolor astral vision.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

The most horrible thing will happen, the thing that has always been the undoing of mankind:

NOTHING.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
What ever happens (which is most likely nothing at all) Ill be surrounded by family, so it will be a joyous occation. Really looking forward to it.

Honestly, how stupid or how desperate are we that we hope to be so special that something that will mean something in our lives will happen?

Earth, the solar system and the universe is one big cycle. How ever long the human race is here, our effect on this cycle will be minuscule compared to the other cycles. There are no gods, no idols to hope will take us somewhere magically peaceful, once this cycle is over....

The furthest my "beliefs" can be stretched is that the energy that makes up what we perceive as consciousness continues to flow in another form after the human body is absorbed and recycled in this little local system.

I think the buddhists come pretty close to what is... they just oversimplified it.

Oh, and btw... the new scammer around, Ac Tah, talked a bit about what will happen. Although many of his words looses power due to his website asking for money, the idea of the alignment happening over the course of some days seems perfectly logical.
Like a lunar solar eclipse is only completely eclipsed for a short time, the planetary alignment will only occur perfectly for a brief moment.
Since it begins on the 21st and ends on the 23rd, the true moment of perfect alignment would be on the 22nd.....

That gives you one more day to play around in, worrying about money and x-mas presents.

The short version:

Aint anything gonna 'appen... aint a damn thing.

Have a nice x-mas and spend more time thinking about how you can make those around you feel good and smile

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Here is whats gonna happen, im gonna put on my jammies, go to bed, wake up the 21'th dec. Go outside to walk my dog and collect the mail, only to realize my neighbors are EATING EACH OTHER!
WORLD WAR Z.
hoho hope not.
edit on 12-11-2012 by Johnkie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
As the Sun moves into the Interstellar Medium (cloud) it will seem like it is gone (for the three days of darkness).

People will freak out and many will die from fear.

The Sun as it moves into the cloud will also find its companion Star and while hidden will combine and orbit each other creating one huge Sun together after the spin.

When our Sun shows back up we will be able to "see" things we have never seen before and the colors will be as vibrant as we have never imagined. The "mist" will be gone and the clairvoyance of people will hit an all time high making some of us more aware and more apt to find peace in a chaotic world.

So... thats just one scenario... I have more.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
i very much hope you're correct. ^^^^^^^

Originally posted by Xaphan
Mass suicides will happen either way. If something does happen, people will commit suicide out of fear. If nothing happens, a good portion of the spiritual new-agers will commit suicide out of disappointment.

you consider suicide to be entertaining and funny, how sick is that .

what's already happening is plenty, no need for a certain date to show us how unraveled our world has become.
our corrupt govt. in bed with our corrupt bankers and we are systematically being reduced to slaves by the day. i'm unsure where in that paradigm people see anything funny or that nothing will happen. i think it's safe to say plenty is already happening that will change our lives for ever and not in a good way.

Fukushima dealing us all a slow kill and the oil leaks in the gulph spilling more oil by the minute, food shortages are set in place from the drought in the US and Russia. then there is people like the person i quoted, who find pleasure in others demise and they grow in numbers, like a plague across the land.

if you're asking what will happen, you're way behind the curve and probably in denial or you live in a fantasy land, in either case you probably won't survive long in our ever degrading society and world.
edit on 12-11-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagleyou consider suicide to be entertaining and funny, how sick is that .

Not when it happens to just anybody. I mean these overzealous deluded new-agers who are going around telling people that "something huge" is going to happen very soon, and scaring the s**t out of many along the way. The world will be a much cleaner place without them when nothing happens and they fall into a severe depression, subsequently pulling a Budd Dwyer.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412

Originally posted by rabzdguy
Why do people keep suggesting the world is going to end. Its a new age.

And why the hell are we in 2012? Why couldnt we be in 10008474 or 12387540 or 954789345 why exactly 2012?
What happened 2012 years ago for our dates to change? And will the date change again? Thus NEW AGE????

That's the whole point of this thread.....

We're making fun of the hype and creating our own dooms day scenarios.....
Just for the thrill and giggles......

[not to be taken seriously]
Thank you!!! It is to have fun. I personally don't think anything will happen, I am taking the day off of work and ACTING like it is my last day on earth....Hell, gotta have a reason to toss back a few...or 5.......or 10.......The point of this thread was to see who can come up with the most off the wall scenerio. And have a few laughs.

And pray to God that nothing does happen......

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
What I find really interesting about 2012, is the fact that media has been SILENT about it. Completely.... When Harold camping was predicting may 28th 2011 to be the rapture, it was on CNN, it in newspapers, we all knew about it months in advance..... There was vehicles driving around with that date written on them.... Billboards on streets......

Then we get to the biggest prophetic date, dec 21 2012, a message from the ancient civilizations.... and no media coverage? Are you serious?

It makes me wonder if something really is going to happen on that date because if the media is quiet about it, it means they aren't telling us something.

You are right. Plenty of people that I've joked with about 2012 have no idea what I'm talking about. You say the words "Y2K" to them and you get a response.

Everyone heard about Y2K, it was everywhere, all the time. Every newspaper and tv station reported on Harlord Camping and the rapture.

TPTB could really be taking advantage of people if this was NOT true. Could imagine the control they could have over people if this was displayed everywhere?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
As the Sun moves into the Interstellar Medium (cloud) it will seem like it is gone (for the three days of darkness).

People will freak out and many will die from fear.

The Sun as it moves into the cloud will also find its companion Star and while hidden will combine and orbit each other creating one huge Sun together after the spin.

When our Sun shows back up we will be able to "see" things we have never seen before and the colors will be as vibrant as we have never imagined. The "mist" will be gone and the clairvoyance of people will hit an all time high making some of us more aware and more apt to find peace in a chaotic world.

So... thats just one scenario... I have more.

Throw them out there MamaJ! I have seen you post alot in different fourms. I'd love to hear all your takes on it!!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

i very much hope you're correct. ^^^^^^^

Originally posted by Xaphan

you consider suicide to be entertaining and funny, how sick is that .

what's already happening is plenty, no need for a certain date to show us how unraveled our world has become.
our corrupt govt. in bed with our corrupt bankers and we are systematically being reduced to slaves by the day. i'm unsure where in that paradigm people see anything funny or that nothing will happen. i think it's safe to say plenty is already happening that will change our lives for ever and not in a good way.

Fukushima dealing us all a slow kill and the oil leaks in the gulph spilling more oil by the minute, food shortages are set in place from the drought in the US and Russia. then there is people like the person i quoted, who find pleasure in others demise and they grow in numbers, like a plague across the land.

if you're asking what will happen, you're way behind the curve and probably in denial or you live in a fantasy land, in either case you probably won't survive long in our ever degrading society and world.
edit on 12-11-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

Ok....I will say this again, this thread was started to mash together all the theorys and come up with something funny, did you read the op?? I started this thread with an example. No need to attack anyone. But he is right, some people will die that day for sure, as sad as that is, but you can not control other people. lets get back on track people.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

perhaps you should have put it in the short stories section? mainly because most people will not find our current worldwide state of affairs, to be funny. also someone posting that they would find suicide to be entertaining and perhaps funny, kind of caught my eye, you know?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I will go to sleep the night of the 21st of december 2012.

December 22 2012 I will probably wake up with a hangover at about 9am.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join