It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go secede from the Union already. We Don't Want You.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
All this fair-weather (or is it bad-weather?) talk of secession is an insult to myself and anyone else who has been pushing for secession for the past 30, 40, 50, 60+ years.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I wish these angered children could see themselves in a mirror. Who do you think you are fooling? Where was all of this talk before the election? You keep arguing it isn't about this or that, but yet you were mum prior to the re election of Obama. You are as transparent as a glass of water to those of us who don't come here with an agenda to push.

I can tell the libertarians are the ones arguing the most here. Sorry guys nobody wants you. The republicans don't want you and your hero Ron Paul doesn't want you either after he was made aware of just what you have become. Because in reality, you are just pot smoking tea baggers, with less political clout.

In the weeks leading up to the election every other post was Benghazi this or Benghazi that, it wasn't politics it was important, what part didn't we get. Hmm since the election not a peep.

I realize you guys are just experiencing the 4 stages of grief right now, but I have to admit, it sure is entertaining watching your tantrums unfold in a public forum. Carry on.......
edit on 13-11-2012 by soundguy because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

What are you talking about? Are you reading this thread? Talking about seceding and I said the only real Americans are Native Americans.

No such thing as a "native american".

Arriving here before others does not make one a native, it simply means you are early.

Care to try again?
edit on 13-11-2012 by TheAngryFarm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by otherpotato
But let's be honest, most of the people jumping on the bandwagon right now (and I'm not just talking ATS here), plus the ones crying they're going to move to Canada or Australia, are not doing so because they truly understand and advocate for secession.

Your opinion is not factual.

Do you have any source at all that says that the people signing these petitions are doing so simply because Obama won the election and they are clueless as to why they are advocating for secession?

Truth is, no you don't and I do not either, but such a narrow minded point of view is naive at best.

Yes, there are plenty of people out there who are saying they are signing these secession petitions because Obama won. Just go on the social media channels and you'll see them. Sorry if their voices are louder than the "real" secessionists but like I said this is nothing more than a temper tantrum that will blow over and go nowhere. Just as every secession petition has from the previous elections. See you in four years when we're talking about the next one...

other. potato.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Our black president was re-elected. Twenty female senators will take office. Gay marriage is legal in 1/5 of the U.S.. Three states legalized marijuana. NH has the first ever ALL-WOMAN delegation (!). And Wisconsin elects the first openly gay senator.

The people have spoken. If the people don't speak for you, then by all means leave. It's your right.

good post, my friend.

It may be gimmicky, but... FORWARD!

Originally posted by Violater1
abortion is legal, that the 2nd amendment will continue
to be whittled away, the country is being shoved closer to an economic cliff and the Constitution is under attack.
I'm sure that you are so proud of these accomplishments.

Yes, actually...
edit on 13-11-2012 by SPACEYstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAngryFarm

What are you talking about? Are you reading this thread? Talking about seceding and I said the only real Americans are Native Americans.

Arriving here before others does not make one a native, it simply means you are early.

Care to try again?

"No such thing as Native Americans?"

Being early is no excuse to wipe out a Native population.

Do you care to try again?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

No need for me to try anything again. The facts speak for themselves.

There is no such thing as a native American. Is this hard for you to understand?

The indians that were here were wiped out by a technologically more advanced group of people.It has happened countless times throughout history.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by otherpotato

Funny how this secession thing immediately becomes a OMG! your unamerican! Have you ever taken the time to look at your Rights? you can't get on a plane unless you subject yourself to a full body cavity search and scan. The dozens of executive orders signed in the past month. Your Speech is Limited, your press is doctored. your right to protect yourself from your government is attempting to be stripped the day it does will be a reckoning and ultimately too late. your 3rd right will surely be breached once the second is stripped. your fourth was ripped from you with the tsa yet you submit to it. your speedy trial (im reaching) might be by an execution style. We cruelly and unusually punish people. waterboarding is safe
Yup those of us that dont like what the United States have become can gtfo. OR we can man up suit up and voice our opinion until it results in a physical disagreement. keep in mind our Founding fathers knew every form of government has and evil vindictive side.
edit on 13-11-2012 by MissCoyote because: spelling

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

reply to post by whyamIhere

No need for me to try anything again. The facts speak for themselves.

There is no such thing as a native American. Is this hard for you to understand?

The indians that were here were wiped out by a technologically more advanced group of people.It has happened countless times throughout history.

Do you mean Small Pox?

The fact that it has happened throughout history.

Does not boost the credibility of your argument.

Just because they were wiped out...Does not erase their "Native" status.

Nor does it change the fact they were here first.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I was responding to Honor
then why did you address your reply to "zonetripper" ??

ps ... i never said i was Algonquin so you are mistaken again.
[neither is my Native child btw]

and fyi ... today, the American Algonquins still inhabit the NE all the way south into VA ... so, what was your point again ?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by Honor93

American, Seneca to be more specific. But then again the Natives didnt observe the modern borders between the 2 countries. Hence the 40 something similar tribes ranging across these two great lands.
thanks for answering (i thought you were an American).

i wonder if NC knows that that it was both the Algonquins and the Iriqouis that influenced Ben Franklin to inititate the Contintental Congress which in turn created this Union ??

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

Do you mean Small Pox?

The fact that it has happened throughout history.

Does not boost the credibility of your argument.

Just because they were wiped out...Does not erase their "Native" status.

Nor does it change the fact they were here first.

Perhaps you are not familiar with the definition of the word native, or perhaps you refuse to believe science. There are no people native to North America. They can call themselves native americans, indians, etc etc but it doesnt change the fact they simply arrived here before others.

Look at indians now....inundated with epidemics of alcoholism, drug use, and the lowest life expectancies in the country. Let me guess.....all the fault of the white man right?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Care to try again?

Try again? This isn't wack-a-mole. Anthropologist call those "early" people natives or indigenous.
Sorry you are not understanding the Englais - Don't sweat it though - it's epidemic in this thread.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by Honor93

American, Seneca to be more specific. But then again the Natives didnt observe the modern borders between the 2 countries. Hence the 40 something similar tribes ranging across these two great lands.
thanks for answering (i thought you were an American).

i wonder if NC knows that that it was both the Algonquins and the Iriqouis that influenced Ben Franklin to inititate the Contintental Congress which in turn created this Union ??

I think I'll just leave you two alone.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I think that all who want to secede should be left to their own devices but be in no part of this country and its outlying territories. If they want to secede, allow their citizenship to be stripped and ship them off to a third world country as if they're Mexican aliens (no, I'm not saying that we do that with our Latin brothers, this deportation is a special treat for all of the cry baby seceders) . Let them try to survive in a country where there is no stable food and no technology and see how long it is before they come crawling back because they realize just how good they had it here.

Do you have a roof over your head now? Yes?

Do you have readily available food and help to reach food if you do not? Yes? I see.

Honestly, if you do not want to belong here then you might as well get out. I think it's funny that Republicans always hold the opinion that Democrats are lazy day dreamers that bawl whenever a tough situation arises yet the Republicans are the ones that after they lose an election they cry and call no fair as if they're playing a children's game and then want to quit. Grow up. /end rant

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Yes, there are plenty of people out there who are saying they are signing these secession petitions because Obama won. Just go on the social media channels and you'll see them. Sorry if their voices are louder than the "real" secessionists but like I said this is nothing more than a temper tantrum that will blow over and go nowhere. Just as every secession petition has from the previous elections. See you in four years when we're talking about the next one...

other. potato.

When you have a petition with 50,000 + signatures, such as Texas does, a handful of comments from Facebook does not represent a majority.

I can go on my facebook right now and there is a girl screaming to anyone who will listen that Obama is the Anti Christ.... but her opinion does not represent that of every person who dislikes Obama or the reasons why they dislike Obama.

As far as a Temper Tantrum- your wrong. States have seceded from the Union before. One of those States was South Carolina in the 1800's which was one step of many that eventually lead to the Civil War.

I find your "temper tantrum" remark to be very foolish. Although I agree these petitions will more than likely not result in secession from the Union, it is further evidence of something else in the air - Revolution.

Fact is, people are fed up with the Federal Government. They all have reasons for being fed up. They range from the silly "Obama is the Anti Christ" all the way to valid reasons such as the NDAA, the stripping of personal liberties, taxes and arresting people for collecting rainwater! No matter what the reasons are, it is all an additional sign of disobedience which will have to, sooner or later, result in something that is long overdo in this Country.

"Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves." ~ Henry David Thoreau

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
All this fair-weather (or is it bad-weather?) talk of secession is an insult to myself and anyone else who has been pushing for secession for the past 30, 40, 50, 60+ years.

Oh boo hoo! Now that the concept is being supported on a much bigger scale in more states you are going to throw everybody else overboard. That sure is small minded for someone who supposedly wanted to secede.

It's now all 50 states.
edit on 14-11-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Maybe it won't result in secession but it's great pushback don't you think? As good as Occupiers blocking access to Wall Street and better than them pooping on cop cars.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myomistress
I think that all who want to secede should be left to their own devices but be in no part of this country and its outlying territories. If they want to secede, allow their citizenship to be stripped and ship them off to a third world country as if they're Mexican aliens (no, I'm not saying that we do that with our Latin brothers, this deportation is a special treat for all of the cry baby seceders) . Let them try to survive in a country where there is no stable food and no technology and see how long it is before they come crawling back because they realize just how good they had it here.

Do you have a roof over your head now? Yes?

Do you have readily available food and help to reach food if you do not? Yes? I see.

Honestly, if you do not want to belong here then you might as well get out. I think it's funny that Republicans always hold the opinion that Democrats are lazy day dreamers that bawl whenever a tough situation arises yet the Republicans are the ones that after they lose an election they cry and call no fair as if they're playing a children's game and then want to quit. Grow up. /end rant

But it's ok to let third world illegals come over the border and take what rightfully should only be for citizens? Do you not understand why tax paying citizens don't want to put up with this nonsense any more? This is just the start of things, just the start of a response to Obama's Marxist redistributionist decay of America.

But now it seems some people don't mind all the Nanny Statism.
edit on 14-11-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
These threads are becoming annoying and are exposing a lot of small minded individuals here on ATS.
I honestly didn't think there were SO MANY and they're all packing their EGOs too!

Everyone wondered what we'd talk about after the elections, well, here we are.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join