It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go secede from the Union already. We Don't Want You.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

i wasn't gonna but since you did, i will too ...
... he had me at "qualified"

since receiving an invitation, i wasn't aware one could 'qualify'

personally, i cannot logically understand why anyone would choose to accept the status quo in which this country is operating.
if secession is a peaceful resolve, i'm all for it.

to the poster concerned about Fed land and state military
Fed land is not owned by the Fed government, it is leased from the State in which it is located and Managed by the Fed Gvt.

that, ^^^ is exactly how and why Ft Sumpter became a firefight.
the State ordered the Feds OFF of their (state owned/Fed occupied) land ... the Feds refused hence the firefight began.

as for state military, what do you think the National Guard is exactly ??
do you really think the NG along with alternate state militias could not defend their own borders ??

in the days of the Civil War, information was scarce ... that is not the environment of today.
back then, ppl were much easier to manipulate with limited information
[surprisingly, it's almost as easy today with ample information readily available
]

however, when the Fed govt is dissolved, guess which parts of the MIC go with it ??

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by newcovenant

I was born here, my mother is 100% Algonquin how am I not a true American?

Who said you weren't? I said the real Americans are Native Americans. Argue that if you want to. Don't assume things, make up other words and try to put them in my mouth. Fair enough?
ahhhh, you guys are just toooooo much ... here ya go kiddo, learn something today, eh ??
the Algonquin tribe ARE Native Americans ... www.bigorrin.org...

ETA - and let's not forget that ONE of them supports secession.
i assure you, if there is one there are many more ... it's a Native thing

edit on 13-11-2012 by Honor93 because: ETA

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

Who said you weren't? I said the real Americans are Native Americans. Argue that if you want to. Don't assume things, make up other words and try to put them in my mouth. Fair enough?
ahhhh, you guys are just toooooo much ... here ya go kiddo, learn something today, eh ??

Here ya go kiddo...I'm from upstate NY. I learned about them and the rest of the Iroquois Nation in 3rd grade. We even built the Longhouses. So no, I didn't learn anything from you today. What else ya got?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

Here ya go kiddo...I'm from upstate NY. I learned about them and the rest of the Iroquois Nation in 3rd grade. We even built the Longhouses. So no, I didn't learn anything from you today.
not sure why you went to the Iriqouis as they are a completely different tribe
and some time ago both tribes were sworn enemies.

What else ya got?
respect for my fellow Americans, Native and immigrants, you should try it.
at least i don't lay claim to buiding things that have existed since the 1200s

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Why the hostility?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Why the hostility?

What are you talking about? Are you reading this thread? Talking about seceding and I said the only real Americans are Native Americans. I never said this guy was NOT a real American or not a Native American but he's on some kind of a bender ASSUMING I didn't know he's an Indian and thinking he has to prove something. It was BESIDE THE POINT. Then he has the nerve to ASSUME things about ME and go on saying I should have some respect? Please. My grandmother was a Blackfoot who married my grandfather from Ontario. My sister and her husband are into the culture and go to Pow Wows in upstate NY every summer and if he is Algonquin, which I seriously doubt...he's from Canada and not even from the US. There is no hostility either. I'm from NY - we just don't sugar coat everything and we don't suffer fools who make false and wrong assumptions that gladly. This IS my inside voice.

edit on 13-11-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Why the hostility?

What are you talking about? Are you reading this thread? I said the only real Americans are Native Americans. I never said this guy was NOT a real American or not a Native American but he's on some kind of a bender thinking he has to prove something. My grandmother was Blackfoot, my sister and her husband go to pow wows in upstate all the time and if he is Algonquin he is probably from Canada and not even from the US.
hmmm, you could try asking him/her since you're replying to him/her

Then he has the nerve to assume things about me and go on about respect.
if this was directed at me personally, you should get to know your audience as i am not a Native but i produced one.

and this is purely a guess, but as an Algonquin, it's not likely he's Canadian so i'm asking ... @ zonetripper, do you descend from an American or Canadian tribe ??
edit on 13-11-2012 by Honor93 because: format

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Your responding to me jacktard, your being hostile yet again
I never once presented anything hostile but you sure are on the defensive. Yes I am 50% Algonquin and feel no need to have to prove it. Technically the Cheyenne, Mohegan, Munsee and many other American tribes are Algonquin but go ahead try again. my advicee is lay off the bottle man

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Since Bobo's re election it's now up to 20 states sending in petitions to the WH. Interesting development.

dailycaller.com...

What began as a pair of parallel stunts appears to have gathered steam. Other than Louisiana and Texas, states with secession-related petitions pending on the White House website now include Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina and Tennessee.

Looks like some people don't want Obamacare or the Nanny State.
edit on 13-11-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Your responding to me jacktard, your being hostile yet again
I never once presented anything hostile but you sure are on the defensive. Yes I am 50% Algonquin and feel no need to have to prove it. Technically the Cheyenne, Mohegan, Munsee and many other American tribes are Algonquin but go ahead try again. my advicee is lay off the bottle man

No I am not. Nobody asked you to prove it. I was responding to Honor so the fact that you are Algonquin - who cares? Not that interesting, it isn't what I was talking about so another moot point. You want me to sweet talk you honey. I am sorry I was rough on you. Can you forgive me doll? I can't find an emoticon with a peace sign or a kiss but I am looking for one for you Jack.

The Algonquins are original natives of southern Quebec and eastern Ontario, in Canada. Today they live in nine communities in Quebec and one in Ontario.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

No I would like for to act in a civil manner atleast. Theres actually about 40 or so different Algonquin tribes spread across the US/Canada. But I'm done here seeing as you have the personality of a particularly dry turd.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

No I would like for to act in a civil manner atleast. Theres actually about 40 or so different Algonquin tribes spread across the US/Canada. But I'm done here seeing as you have the personality of a particularly dry turd.

Which is fine by me as my personality matches your face and frankly it is making me a little ill not to mention extremely thirsty.
I have always been the uppermost in decorum and manners if not a turd sarcastic. Just kidding! But seriously... If only I could get more like you to secede from the union I'd have to go along with the heart in the message of the OP. Secede Already.
Of course we know that it is just hot air since none of these secession attempts have a bit of sincerity behind them anyway. Later.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by otherpotato
Our black president was re-elected. Twenty female senators will take office. Gay marriage is legal in 1/5 of the U.S.. Three states legalized marijuana. NH has the first ever ALL-WOMAN delegation (!). And Wisconsin elects the first openly gay senator.

The people have spoken. If the people don't speak for you, then by all means leave. It's your right.

Funny, everything you mentioned has no bearing on my opinion of the country's current state of affairs. I'm glad we have diversity in office. If people want to partake in marijuana and can do it safely, that's fine by me--not that I'll be doing it. I'm glad the people have spoken for these things.

However, the country is sunk in debt and spending itself further into the hole and the proposed fixes from both sides of the aisle are simply insufficient. Cutting the deficit by half? That's like a cancer patient asking their doctor to remove half of the tumor. Good luck with that.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

American, Seneca to be more specific. But then again the Natives didnt observe the modern borders between the 2 countries. Hence the 40 something similar tribes ranging across these two great lands.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Wow - after reading every post in this thread - I'd have to say that the tide seems to be turning for the US of A, just like it did for Fukushima after the big quake! Meltdown anyone?
edit on 11/13/2012 by ShakaDoodle because: insert punctuation

edit on 11/13/2012 by ShakaDoodle because: punctuation correction

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Our black president was re-elected. Twenty female senators will take office. Gay marriage is legal in 1/5 of the U.S.. Three states legalized marijuana. NH has the first ever ALL-WOMAN delegation (!). And Wisconsin elects the first openly gay senator.

The people have spoken. If the people don't speak for you, then by all means leave. It's your right.

Nice, America is meant to be about democracy and the people have indeed spoken :-)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium

Originally posted by kozmo
JEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS H. Christ!!! Apparently a whole host of people have no freaking clue how this country was founded!!!

I posted this in another thread and it bears repeating here (To educate the ignorant!):

First of all, the "United States of America" is EXACTLY what it is titled - a UNITED STATES. Each state is a sovereign entity that has entered into agreement with the Federal Government to be a part of these United States. The 10th Amendment speaks specifically to state's rights and GUARANTEES that the power remain the sole discretion of the State, NOT the federal government. In fact, the Constitution of The United States grants very specific powers to the federal government and nothing more than what is stated in the Constitution. In essence, the Constitution is the contract between the sovereign citizens of the several states and the federal government. Currently, the federal government is in horrible breach of contract rendering it null and void.

Given that there are people waking up and taking notice of this, one shouldn't be surprised to see a "Free" people working to ensure that their freedom and liberty are kept intact. The last time this happened, Abraham Lincoln violated the sovereignty of several of the states and imposed the federal government's will on them militarily. I understand that he is celebrated by today's standards, but that is simply a part of the propaganda taught in schools to give the illusion that the federal government is the supra power and not the states. The REAL issue was not slavery, as is the propagandist approach, but rather the secession of several of the states who felt that the federal government was imposing upon their freedom.

Lastly, has anyone looked at an election map??? The only places advocating for the liberalism we presently have in office are in the urban centers - and even those are fairly split. I say give the West coast and New England to the liberals. Let the rest of us enjoy or freedom and liberty in "Flyover Country" free from such intrusion. It would only take a matter of months for those liberal bastions to be bankrupt and, conversely, only a matter of months for the rest of us to have balanced budgets, fair taxation and smaller government. THEN let's see where people want to live!!!

Look Kozmo,
I totally agree with ALMOST everything in you posted above.
It was a very good and thought provoking post, yet I find my self asking........

How do you know His name was Jesus H. Christ. What does the H. stand for?

Maybe I can help with the answer - a liberal told me the other day that it stood for 'Hussein", that's why he has faith in Obama to save him.

edit on 11/13/2012 by ShakaDoodle because: grammar correction

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Violater1

Strange, I thought that Barak had a white mother

If you're trying to argue we don't have a black president you'll have to do better than that.

Brought the lolz big time.
Keep it up.

As for right wingers crying their hearts out every single time they can't have it their way... well a 3 y/o in a candy store can cry, bitch and throw a fit - still won't get what it wants. That's just good parenting.
"Soooooo sorry, no tax cuts for you." Grow up.
edit on 13-11-2012 by Summerian because: bettering up

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Well, yes I'll admit I made a bit of a blanket statement there, but this is ATS - it's the law of the land to make grand sweeping generalizations!

And I understand quite well secession arguments have been around for a long time and should have nothing to with the factors I listed. But let's be honest, most of the people jumping on the bandwagon right now (and I'm not just talking ATS here), plus the ones crying they're going to move to Canada or Australia, are not doing so because they truly understand and advocate for secession. They're using it like they would an angry twitter post. Any legitimate argument is just going to get lost in the tantrum. I could call you naive for thinking most of those petition signers have any idea what secession even means, given that most of them can't even spell it.

I'd be interested to wait a few months to let the temper tantrum subside, then see how many people are hot to trot for secession. Right now it's all just sour grapes. And if you truly believe these people shouldn't even be voting I'm sure you don't really want them trying to argue the cause...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

But let's be honest, most of the people jumping on the bandwagon right now (and I'm not just talking ATS here), plus the ones crying they're going to move to Canada or Australia, are not doing so because they truly understand and advocate for secession.

Your opinion is not factual.

Do you have any source at all that says that the people signing these petitions are doing so simply because Obama won the election and they are clueless as to why they are advocating for secession?

Truth is, no you don't and I do not either, but such a narrow minded point of view is naive at best.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join