It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go secede from the Union already. We Don't Want You.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
You know.. A lot of the time I think people create threads just for the sake of it... Perhaps if the OP offered something of substance instead of just picking a school yard fight and acting like a toddler I would be more apt to contribute..

What you gonna do OP? Taunt us a second time?

-------------------

P.S. State level legislation has nothing to do with Obama being re-elected.... Perhaps you should take a government class because it's a fair assumption you have no idea wtf you are talking about.
edit on 12-11-2012 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
JEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS H. Christ!!! Apparently a whole host of people have no freaking clue how this country was founded!!!

I posted this in another thread and it bears repeating here (To educate the ignorant!):

First of all, the "United States of America" is EXACTLY what it is titled - a UNITED STATES. Each state is a sovereign entity that has entered into agreement with the Federal Government to be a part of these United States. The 10th Amendment speaks specifically to state's rights and GUARANTEES that the power remain the sole discretion of the State, NOT the federal government. In fact, the Constitution of The United States grants very specific powers to the federal government and nothing more than what is stated in the Constitution. In essence, the Constitution is the contract between the sovereign citizens of the several states and the federal government. Currently, the federal government is in horrible breach of contract rendering it null and void.

Given that there are people waking up and taking notice of this, one shouldn't be surprised to see a "Free" people working to ensure that their freedom and liberty are kept intact. The last time this happened, Abraham Lincoln violated the sovereignty of several of the states and imposed the federal government's will on them militarily. I understand that he is celebrated by today's standards, but that is simply a part of the propaganda taught in schools to give the illusion that the federal government is the supra power and not the states. The REAL issue was not slavery, as is the propagandist approach, but rather the secession of several of the states who felt that the federal government was imposing upon their freedom.

Lastly, has anyone looked at an election map??? The only places advocating for the liberalism we presently have in office are in the urban centers - and even those are fairly split. I say give the West coast and New England to the liberals. Let the rest of us enjoy or freedom and liberty in "Flyover Country" free from such intrusion. It would only take a matter of months for those liberal bastions to be bankrupt and, conversely, only a matter of months for the rest of us to have balanced budgets, fair taxation and smaller government. THEN let's see where people want to live!!!

Look Kozmo,
I totally agree with ALMOST everything in you posted above.
It was a very good and thought provoking post, yet I find my self asking........

How do you know His name was Jesus H. Christ. What does the H. stand for?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

voice of reason.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
JEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS H. Christ!!! Apparently a whole host of people have no freaking clue how this country was founded!!!

I posted this in another thread and it bears repeating here (To educate the ignorant!):

First of all, the "United States of America" is EXACTLY what it is titled - a UNITED STATES. Each state is a sovereign entity that has entered into agreement with the Federal Government to be a part of these United States. The 10th Amendment speaks specifically to state's rights and GUARANTEES that the power remain the sole discretion of the State, NOT the federal government. In fact, the Constitution of The United States grants very specific powers to the federal government and nothing more than what is stated in the Constitution. In essence, the Constitution is the contract between the sovereign citizens of the several states and the federal government. Currently, the federal government is in horrible breach of contract rendering it null and void.

Given that there are people waking up and taking notice of this, one shouldn't be surprised to see a "Free" people working to ensure that their freedom and liberty are kept intact. The last time this happened, Abraham Lincoln violated the sovereignty of several of the states and imposed the federal government's will on them militarily. I understand that he is celebrated by today's standards, but that is simply a part of the propaganda taught in schools to give the illusion that the federal government is the supra power and not the states. The REAL issue was not slavery, as is the propagandist approach, but rather the secession of several of the states who felt that the federal government was imposing upon their freedom.

Lastly, has anyone looked at an election map??? The only places advocating for the liberalism we presently have in office are in the urban centers - and even those are fairly split. I say give the West coast and New England to the liberals. Let the rest of us enjoy or freedom and liberty in "Flyover Country" free from such intrusion. It would only take a matter of months for those liberal bastions to be bankrupt and, conversely, only a matter of months for the rest of us to have balanced budgets, fair taxation and smaller government. THEN let's see where people want to live!!!

Good points. Its just like the states that are passing laws legalizing weed, even tho it is federally illegal. I know this would be a lot different, but the concept applies.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Political differences are no reason to turn away from your fellow countrymen.

Ya'll have no idea how true that is. In the Army I serve with hardcore republicans and hardcore liberals. Everyday both get up before you do in the morning to get more done TOGETHER than any of you will on your own in a whole day.

Think about that the next time you tell your fellow American that you don't want them.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by otherpotato
Our black president was re-elected. Twenty female senators will take office. Gay marriage is legal in 1/5 of the U.S.. Three states legalized marijuana. NH has the first ever ALL-WOMAN delegation (!). And Wisconsin elects the first openly gay senator.

The people have spoken. If the people don't speak for you, then by all means leave. It's your right.

Speaking only for myself, you did not touch on *any* controversial issues.

But ..... if the doors to secession were opened, the stampede would trample everything in it's path. I'd personally be in the front ranks. And I'd be more than happy to say adios to the criminal, communist, war-monger trash that currently has America by the butt.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

So if I want to secede I'm racist, homophobic, a chauvinistic pig and anti marijuana? Where the hell do you get that assumption? I state fact and you state assumption and morons star it
priceless.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheHistorian

Personally I think it's time for it to be ripped to shreds. Time to gear up and go on the march - against Washington, Chicago, Detroit, New York, New Jersey, Cleveland, LA, etc. etc.

The so called "fly over states" are tired of all the bull# spewing from the major metro areas - and we're going to make it right - soon.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
You know.. A lot of the time I think people create threads just for the sake of it... Perhaps if the OP offered something of substance instead of just picking a school yard fight and acting like a toddler I would be more apt to contribute..

What you gonna do OP? Taunt us a second time?

-------------------

P.S. State level legislation has nothing to do with Obama being re-elected.... Perhaps you should take a government class because it's a fair assumption you have no idea wtf you are talking about.
edit on 12-11-2012 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

If you think there's nothing of substance then why are you even taking the time to post in here?

I don't post all that often, and I've been staying away from ATS quite a bit because the vitriol is so extreme I can practically see it oozing out of my keyboard. But after seeing post after post after post of these stupid political arguments, claims that the country is going to hell in a handbasket, and now all the idiotic "wow people are signing petitions for secession!! See! See! Told you so! Told you so!" well I have quite frankly had enough. I'm grabbing the wooden spoon.

I feel like seceding from ATS to be honest with you. Can people just move on already? All this whining about how the world is coming to an end just because of one election. So yeah, I will taunt you a second time and fart in your general direction until there's no longer any reason to. If that makes me a toddler...well gee I *wonder* where I learned how to act like that.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by soundguy
reply to post by kozmo

I have to laugh, cliche much? Of course wing nuts have never been known for originality. And you would do well in this case to not try and match wit or intelligence with me. I am pretty sure we could drop the 1 in front my iq score and I would still be able to hold my ground. Of course if I could dumb myself down enough I might have a chance to understand how the mouth breathers among us think, and I would like that. Because reading posts like yours reminds me of going to the zoo. But it does make me feel dirty to slum at this level. I think I will go wash in my nice clean well regulated water supply.

Any day! Mensa qualified 7 times! If you "dropped the 1" your IQ would nary match that of a gnat. Further, I'd have to beat myself over the head with a hammer for the next 12 days to match your "Wit and intellect!"
As far as understanding the mouth-breathers... try raising your intelligence to a level slightly beyond chimp and you should be right about there with them. After all, that would be taking you "forward", no?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by otherpotato

Our black president was re-elected. Twenty female senators will take office. Gay marriage is legal in 1/5 of the U.S.. Three states legalized marijuana. NH has the first ever ALL-WOMAN delegation (!). And Wisconsin elects the first openly gay senator. The people have spoken. If the people don't speak for you, then by all means leave. It's your right.

I think we can call you a troll. Make inflammatory statements that generalize and leave out obvious flaws in your logic , just to get a rise out of people? Sad. Women in the Senate isn't really a Democrat or Republican thing is it? Only a blow hard Lefty would try to make the Republicans anti women. I'm a Republican, I love women. I think you'll find most of us do - even the gay ones.

Gay marriage is for the most part against the law in most states isn't it? I'm not saying that's a good thing, it just flies in the face of one of your arguments.

The "people" that you reference are a minority of states right? The majority of states don't have any of the things you tout here. So I think, by any objective measure, we can see that you are either none to bright, or a troll. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say a troll.

Thanks for sharing.

V

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NysgjerrigDame

From the outside looking in, it seems that Americans only are proud of their country if their team is winning. Does that not show weakness in integrity? That is like entering a marriage, but only for the good times and you reserve the right to walk out if you aren't having any fun anymore. Does that make any sense to most of you?

(I am from N.C.) Although you aren't starred much for your statement, there is so much truth in your post... People really grumble and gripe if they didn't get what they wanted..and keep it up too even after it is over. Another thing you can add to that is..they don't see the flaws of their own side but can write a book full on the opposite side. The other side is.... a big liar and these never acknowledge the lies on their favoured side. In other words their side is A1, and no win... means we are now heading for the path of destruction...
Its strange to watch, but the same has occurred in my family... This one is this blah and that one is that blah. This has caused a lot of tension among family members. Heard it all again just yesterday, plus a whole new set of the end of America stuff added...SIGH...) - ;
The Utopian existence will never be and never has. We are 7,000,000,000 people in the world now. Its only going to get worse. More people more problems.

edit on 12-11-2012 by ellieN because: Spelling...

Added.... by the way...where I live is as close to Paradise as it gets.. great weather most of the year..! If this is sappy sounding, but I like living here.
edit on 12-11-2012 by ellieN because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

So when the going gets tough it's time to run? Do you really think separation would be the answer? So you must also be ok with an all out civil war? It is radical views like these that will keep our government clamping down on us every minute of the day. I used to think just like you. But now i see what a terrible path that is. It is easy to be wrong, But it is so hard for people to except that they are wrong and actually try to change. I am not saying don't fight for what you believe in, I am saying there are many different ways to go about it.

Just remember that this is not new to america. Our government has been doing things we don't approve of since the beginning. It is because of the information flow we receive is so fast now we are overwhelmed by all of it.

And a quick reminder about our debt to china, It doesn't matter how much money we owe them, We have always just paid the interest on our debt's for many years. Just like a credit card is paid.

And if you have issues with laws and policies, Vote, be heard, put yourself out there if it means that much to you. Takes years of hard work to make hard change.

Oh yea, don't forget about all the federal land that is in your state. And the land that they can take at anytime. So maybe you should re-think your plan. And i also can tell you that most people do not want to secede from the union. Just a few people with radical views is all.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Oh yes, it is easy to tell by your writing style and content that you are certainly a Mensa candidate, lol. My opinion of Mensa is now rated at somewhere between laughable and ridiculous. Do you embarrass your self on Internet forums for fun or is it a lack of self discipline that drives you?

Perhaps you can pull out a few more cut and paste "facts" to amaze the dim bulbs among us. For those of us with an education you and your ilk are just an annoyance who's voice gets fainter by the day. Soon it will be nothing more than a faint reverberation bouncing off the walls of obscurity.

Yeah, yeah, I know, one day you and your comrades of the 33rd water pistol wing are going to come up and out of your mommies basements and show those liberals what's for and take "your" country back, Yawn.......

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
if anyone on either side of this thinks it's gonna do a bit of good for anyone involved you're only fooling yourselves and is just another ploy to make sides, the "us against them" agenda is rampant. just read a few posts in and you'll see the topic transform, let alone the inflammatory title. we're so lost as a country i fear it's past the point of no return. we truly are doomed.

EDiT: actually, i change my stance.. maybe this is the radical change we need to shake us up? we'll see. good luck texas!!
edit on 12-11-2012 by n3mesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Variable

You accuse me of making inflammatory statements...and then make inflammatory statements? Wow, I feel so scolded.

I have a real problem with people petitioning for secession just because they did not get their own way. If calling people out on that makes me a troll then fine, I am a troll. What other reaction am I supposed to have to people who would rather disband the United States than admit their crappy candidate lost because he does not represent the values of the majority. Just suggesting that secession should happen (even though it can't) highlights extremes of douchebaggery I never even thought possible in my wildest dreams. And yet I'm the one being called names?

Perhaps not every person who is signing these ludicrous petitions is doing so because of the factors I listed, but I can pretty much guarantee that quite a few of them are. There is a huge segment of this population (an ever-shrinking one thankfully) who are complete and utter bigots and I don't see them keeping their mouths shut. They get applauded for being the cruelest most insulting and disrespectful excuses for human beings on this earth. Yet I hold the door open for them, when they say they want to leave, and this makes me an instigator? If it's so upsetting to be called out on your crap then don't crap in front of me.

And to say "lefties" need to "make" republicans look anti-women...you're kidding right? They're accomplishing that feat all on their own.

Now excuse me while I go crawl back into my binder with the other women...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
They will want the federal government's help if/when a natural disaster strikes their state.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
How do you secede from something that no longer exists

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065

I don't give a hoot about any of those things. But I still want to secede. You can keep the tsa, ndaa, fbi, cia, all thats yours man enjoy. You can be an a member of the ussa I'll be the real American
edit on 11-11-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

This should literally be the end of this discussion.

More power to them, hopefully they do secede. And boot out all the federal cronies.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065

I don't give a hoot about any of those things. But I still want to secede. You can keep the tsa, ndaa, fbi, cia, all thats yours man enjoy. You can be an a member of the ussa I'll be the real American
edit on 11-11-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

I am sure someone has told you who the real Americans are.

Native Americans.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join