It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go secede from the Union already. We Don't Want You.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Our black president was re-elected. Twenty female senators will take office. Gay marriage is legal in 1/5 of the U.S.. Three states legalized marijuana. NH has the first ever ALL-WOMAN delegation (!). And Wisconsin elects the first openly gay senator.

The people have spoken. If the people don't speak for you, then by all means leave. It's your right.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Isn't it funny that some people, on the hard-Right, always say that if you don't like America......you can go back to your country?

And now the roles can be reversed?

Sorry, I just see the humor in that!
edit on 11-11-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

+39 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by otherpotato

I don't give a hoot about any of those things. But I still want to secede. You can keep the tsa, ndaa, fbi, cia, all thats yours man enjoy. You can be an a member of the ussa I'll be the real American
edit on 11-11-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

+34 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by otherpotato
Our black president was re-elected. Twenty female senators will take office. Gay marriage is legal in 1/5 of the U.S.. Three states legalized marijuana. NH has the first ever ALL-WOMAN delegation (!). And Wisconsin elects the first openly gay senator.

The people have spoken. If the people don't speak for you, then by all means leave. It's your right.

Strange, I thought that Barak had a white mother

You also failed to reiterate that abortion is legal, that the 2nd amendment will continue
to be whittled away, the country is being shoved closer to an economic cliff and the Constitution is under attack.
I'm sure that you are so proud of these accomplishments.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

If you're trying to argue we don't have a black president you'll have to do better than that.

+39 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

If you're trying to argue we don't have a black president you'll have to do better than that.

if your trying to argue that we don't have a white president you'll have to do better than that...

the irony and outright stupidity of people who say race doesn't matter then bring it up constantly...as if it...MATTERED!!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

You also failed to reiterate that abortion is legal, that the 2nd amendment will continue
to be whittled away, the country is being shoved closer to an economic cliff and the Constitution is under attack.
I'm sure that you are so proud of these accomplishments.

There are enough children anyway. Why should a woman be forced to have a child she does not want and therefore will not care for accordingly? Believe it or not, there is no maternal instinct. A woman can very well hate and mistreat a child if forced to have it. Past that, what about in the case of rape? Should a woman be forced to still have a rape baby?

+31 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I support succession from the Union.

It has nothing to do with a Black President. I wouldn't care if the President was green, purple, blue, or red with bright yellow polka dots.

I actually support gay marriage.

I support the legalization of marijuana and all drugs.

I don't care if NH has an all female delegation. It can be full of intelligent puppies, makes no difference to me.

It also makes no difference to me if an openly gay Senator is elected. People should be openly anything... I support people being who they are.

Yet nothing you list has much to do with the Federal Government. Fact is, the Federal Government will try to trump the State laws in relation to marijuana that is legal in the States.

The Federal Government will not allow gay marriage.

The Federal Government is not all female.

So what exactly is your point?

The Federal Government still passed and supports the provisions in the NDAA and Patriot Act.

The Federal Government is still spending us into oblivion and creating debt slaves of my grand children who are not even born yet.

Congress is still guilty of insider trading

Big Business and Special Interest still has more say in the policies of our Federal Government than my neighbors or myself have.

and the main thing... the Federal Government no longer represents me or any of my interest.

Ever heard the term "Taxation without representation"? That describes the relationship between the population and the Federal Government perfectly.

So yes, I support succession.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

if your trying to argue that we don't have a white president you'll have to do better than that...

the irony and outright stupidity of people who say race doesn't matter then bring it up constantly...as if it...MATTERED!!!!

Race actually doesn't matter. Just stating a fact. I think most people agree we have a black president. I had no idea that was up for debate.?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

You also failed to reiterate that abortion is legal

Um.. so what?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

From the outside looking in, it seems that Americans only are proud of their country if their team is winning. Does that not show weakness in integrity? That is like entering a marriage, but only for the good times and you reserve the right to walk out if you aren't having any fun anymore. Does that make any sense to most of you?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
There are ZERO STATES that will ever secede from the Union as all this is....a Senator or Congressman Bitching about their party loosing the Election.

The average American has much more important things to deal with like trying to pay their Mortgage or Buy Food! I really think it is Laughable that ANYONE would actually even THINK that the Voters of any U.S. State would allow their State to Secede nor will it ever get to a Vote!

This is what happens when the SILENT MAJORITY of Americans who are Moderates...do not shut these people down those people being Leaders with a Grudge. This makes me sick!

Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NysgjerrigDame

From the outside looking in, it seems that Americans only are proud of their country if their team is winning. Does that not show weakness in integrity? That is like entering a marriage, but only for the good times and you reserve the right to walk out if you aren't having any fun anymore. Does that make any sense to most of you?

You hit the nail on the head. The US is a country in a bad marriage. We have lost all sense of perspective in the quest to win.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Please, do tell, what is the name of your independent country?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

... Three states legalized marijuana. ...

I know of 2 WA and CO whats the other?

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Trust me, we don't want you idiot liberals either.

We want our Liberty, God, Guns....you know, everything you people hate.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat

Oh right. Mass didn't "technically" legalize it. But we all sort of know we did. And will.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
Trust me, we don't want you idiot liberals either.

We want our Liberty, God, Guns....you know, everything you people hate.

I don't hate liberty, god, or guns. I do hate that you capitalize them though. They are not proper nouns, as much as you might like them to be.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat

Oh right. Mass didn't "technically" legalize it. But we all sort of know we did. And will.

I asked because OR voted no , I had actually got into a conversation about someone saying 3 states
and said OR said yes , I had to inform him that I live in OR and it was a no.

I thought only 3 states voted on that , so I'm guessing that Mass was for a medical thing .

Just a friendly question, that was all. thanks for the reply

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I am a staunch liberal, I have only voted for 1 republcan in the entire time I could vote. But this divide I have seen grown in our nation is ultimately going to rip this country to shreds. While I agree with the OP that the people have spoken but now is not the time to gloat and tell people to leave. The thing we has always made our country great is our diversity. This is a time we need to work on nation building instead of let this country fall a sunder. I agree that our country is heading in the right direction, especially after we defeated the Republican platform that would have taken this country backwards. This talk of succession is worrisome. Those who don't learn from history are bound to repeat it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join