It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slavery, segregation and the Presidential election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Take a look at the maps in the link below and observe the correlation of blue vs red states to positions on the other 2 maps.

Coincidence or not?

Based on the maps alone, Florida appears to be the anomaly and I can see Texas going that way too.

Slavery, Segregation and Presidential Election - 2012

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
That's one way of seeing the map...but the full map would be more than disturbing if that had any relation. Slavery to the 2012 election and which party carried votes which way? I gotta be misreading that.....?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The only semblance I see to slavery I see are blacks that seem to be picking cotton for the Democrat party, and don't mind doing it.
As for segregation, these are the smaller groups within the Democrat party (blacks, Hispanics, gays, lesbians, feminists, academia, entertainers,...) that allow themselves to be segregated without realizing this is the easiset way they can be controlled by the Democrat party.
Judging by the last election, it's truly working.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
So now we are calling fiscal conservatives "Slavory supporters"?

Touching..

I voted to stop Obama's out of control spending, nothing more.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeyy

No matter how much I cant stand Obama, I have to admit it really was a Historical moment the first time. The second term not so much. I really wish his legacy didnt include Hillary, Biden, Pelosi, Feinstien, etc.

The sea of change of our First Black President didnt include Farahkan, Jesse Jackson, or the Rev. Al Sharpton. Interesting to say the least. The same White Folks were still in power when the Black dude became President. Yet, the same People decide to vote for him the second time. WOW!!!!

Our Country is surely screwed!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

All that red you see in your map is where the chuckleheads that are socially inept live in the hopes of seeing a burning bush.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Democrats really need to get away from this deal where all red state people are racists, after all most white folks in the southeast Red states live and work side by side with black folks everyday, unlike the Blue states of the northeast which outside of the metro areas are about as lily white as you can get.Most black folks in this country are in those Red States. Jim Crow and or slavery are not coming back and this fear mongering crap needs to stop.Most blacks arent worried about the KKK and their less than 10k membership nationwide, just as most whites arent worried about the New Black Panthers and their less than 10k members nationwide.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Ok, I think there needs to be a little further reading here to really understand whats going on.
I would like to suggest the following.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you are interested and read the above links, please keep this simple fact in mind.

Conservatives understand that the more people you have working the less amount of taxes you will have to pay, less people on welfare and more money in everyone pockets.

Then ask yourself...

Why would conservatives want people in Slavery?
Quad

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

All that red you see in your map is where the chuckleheads that are socially inept live in the hopes of seeing a burning bush.

Och! Keli

Stop beating me with that broad brush of yours!!

Quad

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

Democrats really need to get away from this deal where all red state people are racists, after all most white folks in the southeast Red states live and work side by side with black folks everyday, unlike the Blue states of the northeast which outside of the metro areas are about as lily white as you can get.Most black folks in this country are in those Red States. Jim Crow and or slavery are not coming back and this fear mongering crap needs to stop.Most blacks arent worried about the KKK and their less than 10k membership nationwide, just as most whites arent worried about the New Black Panthers and their less than 10k members nationwide.

1. Agreed, some of the blue states are as lilly white as you can get but let's look at one of these eastern blue states. For example, Ohio, the king of the blue states, is steeped in the history of slavery and Jim Crow. Even though that state went blue in 2012, racism is alive and well in Ohio. even though there were pockets and wards that were predominantly African American, there were also pockets in Ohio that if you were black or a minority, they would observe you like you were a diseased pimple on someone's head. I can relate many horror stories from past and recent BUT that is not the intent of this reply.

2. Most folks aren't worried about either the NBP or the KKK. They are just a blip on the map but you also must not discount the history of either party. At one point, the BP was a thriving group and they were militant but for the most part, their transgressions were so localized, folks would only have to worry about petty crime or mouthed actions from the BP. On the other hand, the KKK was a tremendously large organization and history suggests they have had membership in the millions. Their crimes are horrible, unspeakable and has tainted the legacy of hard working, decent and upstanding citizens of America.

It's easy to dismiss these facts but they are facts and must be accounted for, however painful they are. Some would just love to sweep this topic up under the rug but it is what it is. It deserves discussion just as the countless number of other topics that get dozens of pages of attention.

top topics

join