It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bulgarian archaeologists discover golden treasure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I was reading some google news and stumbled across this and thought it was interesting enough to post on ATS.

The treasure was found on Thursday near the village of Sveshtari, 400 kilometers (250 miles) northeast of Sofia, team leader Diana Gergova said.

She said that among the artifacts, dating back to the end of the fourth or the beginning of the third century B.C., were gold jewelry and applications for horse trappings, a tiara with reliefs of lions and fantasy animals, as well as four bracelets and a ring.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

I hear stories like this and it makes me wonder what other sorts of undiscovered treasures are out there.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
That's interesting, my in-laws are from Bulgaria and rarely hear anything relating to there besides their wonderful Ak-47's! Wish I could find some treasures one day...

edit on 11-11-2012 by Kodiac12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
awesome find !

thanks for posting

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kodiac12

I'm with you, an ancient buried cache of goodies sure would turn my financial fortunes around. Given the vast numbers of unknown burials and hidden staches that must still be out there just waiting to to found there are many more exciting finds out there! All we need to do is find them. Who is with me? Huh? Huh? Lets do it!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheHistorian

More info here...
Ancient Thracian Gold...
and here...
2400 year old gold...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Ah thanks! I tried to search it out but apparently I didn't do a good enough job!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I'd never heard of Thrace before this article appeared. Interesting history, and people(s). Red heads. Spartacus. Prominent philosophers and few Roman emperors.

Thracian history
edit on 11-11-2012 by Q33323 because: Added wikipedia link for Thrace

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
There are a number of rich cultures that had meaningful impact in that region. For some reason, history seems to overlook them when exploring the history of the region.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I don't mean to barge in, but I have started several Threads on the subject, and there is quite a lot of things going on in Bulgaria right now.

Some of the subject matter can be reviewed at the following

Bulgarian Treasures
Bulgarian Archaeologist Finds 2nd 'Womb' Cave
'Theseus Ring' is the real deal?
Thracian Finds

I am going to link your thread into my Bulgarian Treasure Thread, should those interested in either, have the materials "On Thread" to review.

Ciao

Shane

P.S. For me, I think this area will RE-DEFINE History as we know it as today.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Shane

More correctly the area that will produce a lot of new discoveries will be the Balkans; it was an area that due to history has been under excavated, first the general chaos of the mid to late 19th century as the wars between the Slavs/Austro-Hungary/Russia and the Ottoman Empire and more recently the uninspired Communist bloc. Its opening up now we should find some interesting cultures 'pseudo civilizations' in the mix too

new topics

top topics

join