It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel threatens to close cash tap if Palestinians seek UN recognition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
SOURCE

Israeli Finance Minister has threatened to stop cash flow into Palestinian territory if they move on with the UN upgrade .

'' If the Palestinians continue to advance their unilateral move they should not expect bilateral cooperation. We will not collect their taxes for them and we will not transfer their tax revenues, '' Finance Minister Yuval Steinitz said

Interim peace deals task Israel with collecting taxes and customs duties on the Palestinian Authority's behalf amounting to around $100 million a month, on goods imported into the Palestinian territories.

Palestinians currently has an observer status at UN . Updrading to Non -Member status , similar to that of Vatican city , would implicitly recognize Palestinian statehood .It also grants them access to International criminal court of Justice in Hague where they can file complaints against Israel . Israel and USA strictly oppose this idea but the status upgrade seems certain . Palestinian wants to establish a state in occupied West Bank and Hamas controlled Gaza strip with East Jerusalem as its capital .
edit on 11-11-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Those opposing this upgrade will definitely be seen as obstacle to World Peace . I bet , after this upgrade , Israel will think 100 times before attacking any Palestinian.
Looks like Palestinians will finally get the Justice they deserve .

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

I guess we will see Another Embargo on a Country that just wants to do things Legally, Following Procedure of the Charter of the UN.
The Terrorist Regime in Israel has reached yet another low.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I already see the US and Israel as obsticles to world peace so I unfortunatly dont see much new here. Lets hope it does make a difference but I feel a tad sceptical about the chances atm.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
What would Israel do if there was PEACE over there? I truly do not think that they can go on if they had to be PEACEFUL people. They have a frightening wet-dream for war all the time that they would probably go to war with their OWN PEOPLE if they couldnt go to war with others.

HOW do a people get such a WAR-LOVING DNA to the core?? They couldnt live without war it seems.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hey, the closer it looks like to Armageddon whether its their own doing or the actual event, the happier they are. Peace does not represent that ultimate show down, which is literally what religion has you waiting for. And leave it to the Zionist extremists to really want that show down.....

"ANTI-SEMITE!" "HOLOCAUST LOVER!" Yes yes, I am everything you have said and the devil incarnate.....I understand, now please shut up.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by oper8zhin

They have a frightening wet-dream for war all the time that they would probably go to war with their OWN PEOPLE if they couldnt go to war with others.

Yep . That sounds logical . After going to War for so so long time , they have forgotten how peace really feels like .They must be thinking what to do with all their Killing Machines.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by oper8zhin
What would Israel do if there was PEACE over there? I truly do not think that they can go on if they had to be PEACEFUL people. They have a frightening wet-dream for war all the time that they would probably go to war with their OWN PEOPLE if they couldnt go to war with others.

HOW do a people get such a WAR-LOVING DNA to the core?? They couldnt live without war it seems.

The secret is that they make other people do the fighting for them. They won't do the fighting themselves.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

When Palestine is recognized , and it will be, as its own sovereign state, then its current administration can go collect those same taxes that Israel, which has illegally annexed Palestine, currently does!

Also with sovereignty assured by the UN ... then maybe Palestine , under the current administration of Hamas, can apply to other countries and foreign banks and also the UN's IMF for FUND'$!

Also ... as its own country it can of course print its own currency!

Personal Disclosure: And any revenues Israel has already collected, in good faith, and doesn't hand over just gives everybody else another excuse to lay the boot into Israel being "IS FAIL!".

Can Israel afford to look so bitter, twisted and CRIMINAL this close to elections in their own country?

new topics

top topics

join