It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dominican Republic: On the brink of a revolt?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
REVOLT INMINENT?

I was just part of the biggest protest against corrupt government since 1965.

The media, of course won't show you the real numbers but it was thousands upon thousands of people.

All I want to say is, they are coming up with crazy overnight laws to destroy our constitution like going to jail for speaking against any political authority and many other crimes against the people. They've bought the media so I doubt this will get that much international attention but please take heed and watch your law-makers very closely...something is UP!

Just wanted to report from my little island all the # that is going down, and it seems that it will get crazier in the next few days. Thanks for reading!
edit on 11-11-2012 by lupodigubbio because: more pics

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
interesting since Buenos Aries also had their biggest mass protest since x year within the past week.

the corruption is global in nature..

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

If you were in that protest

S&F coz were worth it.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Dang, that's a lot of folks!

This is the first I've heard of it, so thanks for the heads up. Please keep us updated.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Very telling photos; were you in that crowd?

Tell us; what are some of the specific issues that are upsetting people in the Dominican Republic? What changes do they want to take place?

Please tell us what you know...that the (main stream media) is not telling us.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Beautiful island.

My concern is that the government has effectively putting these demonstrations down since the 60's no?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I'm curious....anyone have any idea why the one long street scene was photoshop'ed to blur the street down one side and blur the tree on the other? I thought about file size..but that may well make it worse, not better...so that makes no sense. I just don't see, honestly, why and was hoping someone might have an idea? Obvious editing of photos for topics like this always stop me short and ask why?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I believe it. I was down there in April, and the politics was overwhelming. Even then, it was kind of an ongoing joke with the locals about the mafia being heavily in bed with government, but it wasn't really meant to be funny. They were serious about it, and I could tell.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I'm curious....anyone have any idea why the one long street scene was photoshop'ed to blur the street down one side and blur the tree on the other? I thought about file size..but that may well make it worse, not better...so that makes no sense. I just don't see, honestly, why and was hoping someone might have an idea? Obvious editing of photos for topics like this always stop me short and ask why?

I think the person who took that pic thought it would look better or thought it was more artsy. You don't have to take my word for it, but I was there and it was massive. That's just one area too, it was many more people. I added more pics from different angles. I will add more as soon as they become available, this happened a few hours ago.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Sounds reasonable. I wasn't challenging it as authentic but among other things, there is a roof top with about a waste high edge to it within the blurred area. Like I said.. My mind just wonders sometimes. Thanks for sharing the pics. It's certainly isn't getting much attention in the MSM and compared to it's neighbor, Haiti, is a stable and working nation, right? Thanks for the info and great on the added pictures.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Your person to person news is better than the pulp we get through the MSM even here in the supposed "land of the free" (where the banks own the land and nothing is free..)...
I hope this goes viral....
Spain,Greece,Iceland,Dominican Republic,the world is begginning to stir from its slumber......
The obvious ripoff that our system becomes for the majority of its peoples.....and the way it is getting shoved in our faces everywhere...........
We need to keep these lines of communications flowing.....
thanks for reporting.....or we may never even have heard about it......
There will come a time when the whole world will rise.....it may be sooner than we think as consciousness rises to a point till suddenly EVERYBODY KNOWS.........thats the instant that we can change this thing around somehow.......

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Wish you well . thanks for letting us know whats happening , lsol

top topics

join