It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could vegetables do more damage than good?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
I was just thinking that between the genetic modifications, the mass amounts of pesticides, along with the lower nutritional contents that we are all being screwed. I dont personally eat vegetables but I know people that do and they seem to be sick all the time and have less energy and focus than me. You hear about the minor things involving vegetables here and there but they are never discussed as a whole.

(my thoughts here exclude home grown and organic)

I get looked at like I'm crazy when I preach the fact that people are consuming genetically modified, pesticide soaked trash.

I havent eaten vegetables since I was 3 or 4 and I am not fat, I do not get sick, I have great blood pressure and a nice healthy heart. These things may just be coincidental seeing as most people that dont eat a lot of vegetables have a nutrition base of fast food and bacon. I eat home made and generally have a healthy lifestyle and do not believe that vegetables are necessary for a healthy life.

Just wondering how ya'll felt about that

edit on 11-11-2012 by lobotomizemecapin because: stuff and things

Your argument about the pesticides and all the other persons arguments about genetic modification etc. All apply to the meet also. The pesticides are seen to concentrate in the meet of what eats them and the same with the corn and other grains.

Just the filth of the processing of animals and the low standards and the soaking in chlorine way beyond what is normally allowed in food would make the meet less healthy then the stuff fed to the animal before slaughter.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I like vegetables and I like meat. Our food is fairly much poisoned with pesticides, hormones, and other chemicals whether meat or otherwise. I do not like processed and packaged foods so largely avoid them, though that is not always entirely possible to do since I am not a fanatic about it - and there are a few processed staples that make avoiding them altogether kind of unreasonable. I am healthy, 60, and eat a fairly balanced diet without many junkie foods.

I never try to eat vegetarian intentionally but recently I was, for some odd reason or another, reviewing a particular day's diet and realized it was completely vegetarian though I ate some of my favorite foods that day. I had a mushroom, onion, and cheese omlette with fried potatoes and toast for breakfast. For lunch I had a chile relleno and rice and beans with tortillas, and that evening had made eggplant parmesan and ate it with a salad and roll.

I suppose if I was forced to give up either meat or vegetables it would place fewer limitations on eating my favorite foods if I gave up meat, though I have no intention of giving up either. Eliminating vegetables from my diet would be boring for me.

edit on 11-11-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

ah yes but the meat has a built in liver filter that will dramatically reduce all that in its muscle content would it not?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

ah yes but the meat has a built in liver filter that will dramatically reduce all that in its muscle content would it not?

And your liver would do the same for you, no?

edit on 11-11-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Mot from what i have read is in the meat now. Seems very contaminated.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

How old are you? Young bodies and minds have an amazing capacity for processing less than ideal conditions. It can take a few decades for things that a lot of people take for granted as "ok" to really begin to wear you down. However, you're absolutely right that gmo/pesticides are very harmful. Organic is best when possible.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join