It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is inspiring.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Josh Peck, a well known actor who starred in the show Drake & Josh, is one of my favorite people.

Know why?

Because his personality on the show is his REAL personality. He is smart, responsible, and he's a sweetheart.

Also, he is very inspiring.

This is a quote of his from an interview;

“ I made a conscious effort to lose weight because I knew I could be happier as well as being healthier. I started by going on a diet a year and a half ago and I got a personal trainer, but I definitely have a healthier lifestyle now. Also I feel that because I do so much television, I am a better role model. I don’t really understand why I should be a role model, but I know that kids do look up to me, so it is my responsibility to motivate people and be inspiring. I hope that I can do that for kids. It doesn't really matter what you look like though, it is who you are that matters, of course.”

See how he is considering that his actions are influencing the behavior of young people? I love that. A good deal of famous people do whatever they want, no matter how it will affect others, especially kids. In fact, most ordinary people do that.

I love people who take into consideration that their actions don't only affect them.

Another thing... I am not fat, but I am of a "bigger build." Sometimes I gain a bit too much weight, and I think it's hopeless. It's in my genetic make-up to be built this way.

Then, I look at Josh.

He went from this

To this

You can't tell me that's mot inspiring.

There was no surgery or pills. He did that all on his own, with the help of dieting, working out, and generally wanting to be healthier.

Just wanted to share something nice.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Whoa. I hadn't seen his new look before. That's great. And you're right: It is inspiring.

It's unfortunate that many people who serve as role-models don't think (nearly enough) about what that means. Thanks for posting this. It makes me feel good....

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
Whoa. I hadn't seen his new look before. That's great. And you're right: It is inspiring.

It's unfortunate that many people who serve as role-models don't think (nearly enough) about what that means. Thanks for posting this. It makes me feel good....

Makes me feel good too, yer welcome

You're right, not nearly enough people understand what it is to be a role model... or a parent... ect...

That's why Josh rocks.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Haha.I remember watching Drake & Josh back then and when Josh got his new skinny look everyone was like ”Whattttttt". And then Drake got a goatee and everyone was like "WHATTTTTT". Haha good times. Glad to see he is happy and made that decision on his own. I thought he got pressured by the network to slim up.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

So he went from fat and gay (meaning merry) to skinny and gay (meaning gay). I'm having second thoughts on my diet now

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

A lot of sweet caring people become self focused and abusive after losing weight and changing their "image". Hope he doesn't.

new topics

top topics

join