It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you ever feel like something is holding back your life, like someone sat with a switch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
You feel like you have to try that bit harder than everyone else just to get things to go for you, you never seem to get the breaks in anything and watch what seems like everyone else drift around with ease.

I know it sounds bitter, but honestly im not. I definately do not resent other people having success, all Im focusing on is trying to do the best for myself and no matter what I try thinsg just happen against me.

Its as if someone is watching over my life and is like 'ohh hang on something goods about to happen to him, il just flixk this switch and change all that....'.

It happens in everything from career, to love life even down to stupid little things like video games. And please dont give me any of this balls about how im obviously thinking negative so its what I attract, no not at all. I ALWAYS go into something confident about myself and STILL this bullcrap dickhead with his switch hangs over me. I know its a cliche but I feel like I literall CANNOT WIN!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

the devil runs this world son and while he does anyone doing anything right will suffer for it " no good deed goes unpunished". Hide your good works and just put your faith and prayers into what ever your doing

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Hang in there. Take what you can get. It's the only way to get through it. Fight the bastard.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Beardless one, I feel as if I know how you feel.
My situation regard my financial state, WHENEVER I get ahead of my bills "SOMETHING" ALWAYS happens that puts me back a couple of months in advance so I feel like Im always struggling just to make even...Like someone doesnt want me ahead

Its gotten to the point where I expect it.

Its a sick joke.

Sage.

Last year I found this video, and I know you said you dont want to hear about the negative thoughts attract negative things, I think the idea is to power through the negatives, brush them off and stay positive, our bodies are better part water, Imagine the effects our positive energy on the water in our bodies.

I do believe in the power of attraction or "The Secret" lol. Its all up to you friend.
edit on 11-11-2012 by SageBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Life's a bitch then you die

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Digital01anarchy is so absolutely correct. IF you are a good person trying to live correctly and with a conscious, expect to feel the way that you do. I believe your faith is being tested because you have some purpose in your life to do some good. We live in a seriously messed up world that satan walks around in like a roaring lion, God warns us that he is looking for those which he can devour. Satan's only wish it to kill, steal, or destroy. Maybe looking into the story of Job in the bible can be helpful, it can shed some light into why this happens and what is going on in the spiritual realm that we don't understand.

edit on 11-11-2012 by shell69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

For the first 30 years of my life I felt that way. I could have done everything right yet the actions of other people (i.e. a drunk driver running a red light and hitting your car on the way to your first day of a good paying job causing you to be fired for not showing up.) always seemed to interfere. That or freak accidents with inanimate objects. (i.e.things breaking at the worst possible moment) I can't really pin point when things started to change or why but they did. If I knew I would give you the secret.
I know it can make you very depressed, but overcoming all those obstacles and finally succeeding is far more rewarding than had the obstacles never existed.
Hang in there!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The SYSTEM is tuned to make us feel like you do.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

you are directed. there are hierarchies and determinations.
but don't worry, every human is determined by fate. it is a lottery.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Look... this has nothing to do with Satan or the devil. There are around 7 billion people on this planet. Many of us are going to get the short end of the stick. The people living in 3rd world nations really get the short end of the stick... and they make up a vast percentage of the total population on Earth.

Even in western nations and the so called "land of the free", things are ruled by small elite groups who own vast amounts of wealth and control the monetary system. It's well and truly rigged from top to bottom... not rigged by Satan, but by very clever men who've had a very long time to plan it all out.

And no matter how much you want to tell yourself it has nothing to do with your state of mind... it does, it clearly does, anyone reading this thread can easily see that. A part of it does come down to your subconscious acceptance and submission to the ways you expect things to play out.
edit on 11/11/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

For me it is more of a feeling that certain parts of my "story" are encoded into the DNA that makes up my being. Like the beginning and end have already been written. I just get to play in a "sand box" environment that feels like I have control, ultimately we do not have as much control of our life as we would like to believe.

Just my two cents

Doesn't have to be negative at all though. You can enjoy the ride if you so choose.

I know it can make you very depressed, but overcoming all those obstacles and finally succeeding is far more rewarding than had the obstacles never existed.
Hang in there!

Exactly! Looking back now at what I considered bad luck or the universe "screwing" me, was actually forming me into something much stronger, And teaching me some lessons I had needed to learn.

edit on 11-11-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

WELCOME TO THE CLUB OF SODS LAW

its real...and im close to being the president

i won't bore you with the details,i'm sure you don't wanna hear my cr@p when you've got your own

just turn yourself into a masochist,if you can't sorry there's no hope

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

What you have described about life has no doubt been experienced by almost everyone who has ever lived. Even the rich and famous have things in their lives that perplex them to no end.
They have learned to keep up a good " Game Face " in life though, and that makes it appear outwardly that life is always a charmed dream for them. Everyone has their problems in this life, even though outwardly it might not look like it.

If you haven't already read the " Book of Ecclesiastes " in the Bible, I Highly Recommend that you do read it. It was written by King Solomon who the bible describes as being Blessed by God with the Greatest Wisdom and Wealth of Any King that ever lived. Even King Solomon described the problems in this life, and his sadness of observing the vanity of it all.

A few years back I was watching " Jack Nicklaus " being interviewed on some golf program about his many tournament wins. The interviewer asked Jack Nicklaus what was the Secret to Winning golf tournaments ?

Jack Nicklaus told the Interviewer that in order to Win Golf Tournaments, you have to Practice, and Practice and Practice every day. You also have to exercise and stay in tip top condition so that you can play your best.

However, Jack Nicklaus also said this: And on top of practicing and working hard every day and playing your best - In order to " Win Tournaments " You also had to ' Get The Breaks " with how your ball landed etc.

Jack stated that you " Could Not Win " Golf Tournaments, " Unless You Had Some Good Luck Too " with how and where your golf ball landed. Practice and work and exercise is not " Everything Needed To Win " You also had to have some good luck and get some lucky landings and bounces etc. !

Solomon said in Ecclessiastes that he percieved in his heart that one event happeneth to them all.
So " no new thing under the sun " etc.

In modern day philosophy, " keeping the carburator steady " in life helps a whole lot..

edit on 11/11/2012 by chrisb9 because: typo's

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I actually understand what you mean. I feel like someone is in control of my life. As an example, let's say I want to go attend a concert or some type of outdoor activity. It has happened many times that something in my body will happen and I would suddenly become ridiculously tired and my, initial, joy and anticipation of attending said activity would vanish and I would just want to veg around and do nothing instead. It's one of many examples.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
There are a few people who look down on me and I know they don't know me, but nothing can be done, as if the truth is hidden from them for a reason and I cannot show them.

There is nothing productive in a person not respecting you, it is all about letting the person know that you do believe in them, tell them they are wrong but don't keep secrets from them.

I feel they are doing this to me, keeping secrets of no faith in me, which just makes me go through extra studying to not be involved with such persuasions.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I know what you mean. Every time something starts going good in my life, something bad happens and everything I just worked for is gone. Was also that way in school, like everyone was told something that I wasn't and I just could never figure out what it was. Not that I wasn't very smart, had bad grades or no friends, but I always had to try 10 times harder to get the same results. Always something out of my control, such as deaths, someone I know or myself has to move or get in a bad accident (which I didn't cause) etc. Makes you tougher person as long as you keep moving and never let anything keep you down, no matter how times it knocks you over. Hope this helps, I'm sure many are in the same boat.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Risk is the key these days and I'm ready to risk everything I have to ensure the near future... I am going to take control,I am going to do things my way and I'm going to show the doubters why they were wrong. I have a plan, a goal, an objective, I will succeed and no-one, not even the creator himself is going to hold me back this time. 2013 is my year.

Unless Nibiru magically turns up of course.. then I'm screwed again
edit on 12-11-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SageBeno

Beardless one, I feel as if I know how you feel.
My situation regard my financial state, WHENEVER I get ahead of my bills "SOMETHING" ALWAYS happens that puts me back a couple of months in advance so I feel like Im always struggling just to make even...Like someone doesnt want me ahead

Its gotten to the point where I expect it.

Its a sick joke.

Sage.

Last year I found this video, and I know you said you dont want to hear about the negative thoughts attract negative things, I think the idea is to power through the negatives, brush them off and stay positive, our bodies are better part water, Imagine the effects our positive energy on the water in our bodies.

I do believe in the power of attraction or "The Secret" lol. Its all up to you friend.
edit on 11-11-2012 by SageBeno because: (no reason given)

I do believe in the LOA but I must be doing it wrong lol, I dont really know what to do tbh, thats the truth of it.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Story of my life OP, I can relate with you 100%. Every time I dig my heels in, I get crapped on twice as hard. Its almost becoming a running joke. I still just try to keep my chin up, shoulders back, and push forward as hard as I can. That's one thing I've learned in life, to be a hard fighter at everything that I do.

new topics

top topics

join