It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion Levels Homes in Indianapolis; 2 Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
200 people evacuated from their homes and damage to 14 other homes?

No statements as to the cause yet but it sure sounds like a little more than some Meth lab.

A roaring explosion that leveled two homes and set two others ablaze in a huge fire forced about 200 people from an Indianapolis neighborhood where two people were killed, authorities said Sunday. The powerful nighttime blast shattered windows, crumpled walls and inflicted other damage on at least 14 other homes. Read more: nation.time.com...

Peace

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
sorry Jude but we are all over it here..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Ah. I'm not trying to be a buzzkill, but there is a thread of this already, although I think threads that exist in BAN can also exist in one other subforum.

200 evac'd eh. Quite much for a 'gas leak'

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
sorry Jude but we are all over it here..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I thought that it was different.

2 houses are destroyed with evacuations and 14 other houses with damage.

No mention of a sonic boom either. I assumed this was yet another explosion. Maybe?

Oh well, if the same, Mods will be on it.

Peace

edit on 11-11-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It's the same one... The sonic boom thread it what caught many people's notice to flip on radio-reference feeds and see why people in Indy were reporting an explosion heard for many many miles around. lol.... Quite a thing to see pop up at that time of a Saturday night.

First responders also made reference to "Secondary Device" concerns in the early response period. So...I can sure see why questions persist. In daylight now? It's bad..but not as bad as it sounded or looked in the middle of the night. It looks like what they say it is. The radio traffic showed how scared and confused even the commanders were though. Someone hitting their garage wall was even reported as a structural collapse and immediately had commanders at the gas explosion pulling everyone back...one order followed the other report by a moment or so..hence why I call it connected. It was a sheepish guy who came back on a few minutes later to report what "collapse" actually meant by a few bricks falling down. Err....... So much for early reporting ever being 100% accurate.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by jude11

It's the same one... The sonic boom thread it what caught many people's notice to flip on radio-reference feeds and see why people in Indy were reporting an explosion heard for many many miles around. lol.... Quite a thing to see pop up at that time of a Saturday night.

First responders also made reference to "Secondary Device" concerns in the early response period. So...I can sure see why questions persist. In daylight now? It's bad..but not as bad as it sounded or looked in the middle of the night. It looks like what they say it is. The radio traffic showed how scared and confused even the commanders were though. Someone hitting their garage wall was even reported as a structural collapse and immediately had commanders at the gas explosion pulling everyone back...one order followed the other report by a moment or so..hence why I call it connected. It was a sheepish guy who came back on a few minutes later to report what "collapse" actually meant by a few bricks falling down. Err....... So much for early reporting ever being 100% accurate.

Looking further now I can see it's the same.

Had me fooled as no sources I searched made any mention of "Sonic Boom"

Thanks!

Peace

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Seems they are now opening a homicide ivestigation

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Saw this update on Yahoo. 33 homes must go in the area.
When I looked at the accompaying photo I thought, gee, how come the leaves weren't even
blown off the trees right at the blast or show any kind of damage?
Also the cars in the driveways don't appear to have the paint scorched.

This is a still taken from evidently the video above and it is a complete photoshop.

fotoforensics.com...

I realize there are other threads on this topic but in the "search" this one is first.
Anyone from the other threads who wish to comment, about how far out this explosion was
heard and felt, or why the media would be given a photoshop of this event would be appreciated.

Oh and how they arrived at 33 homes being beyond salvage.

news.yahoo.com...

(if this is not where to put an update, feel free to move)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Should this be a stand alone about the 33 homes.

Well the article says 37 damaged but the other 4 owners probably wouldn't be willing to do repairs.
So the article gets the 33 number in it's headline.

Which is always and attention grabber for me.
I admit I didn't follow the story that much previously.

But, when I do and I see that everyone saw the trees still had leaves that it was an indication
that this was sloppy photoshopping.

Why do they need to? What really happened here?

I keep getting the sense that a large land grab is underway in this country due to upside down mortgages and stagnant economy.

Was this really a thriving subdivision or one with a ton of foreclosure property in which no one was living.
An overbuilt developer.

What is the address to these properties?
If someone is familiar I'd appreciate their take.
Last bump.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Rather than lift my comments made here, I will bump this small thread which includes a recent update,
for tie in to the larger thread on this topic.

new topics

top topics

join