It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Veterans Day!! and a thanks to the heros helping victims of sandy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Happy Veterans Day to all fellow military, Veterans, the families of a service member and off course the people that appreciate and support us. Also a big thanks to all the people helping the victims of Sandy. I grew up in Beach Haven NJ and all my old neighbors lost everything. I wish I could go help those people, I know what they are going through, I lost everything and a few of my neighbors died from hurricane Katrina. I think I seen more death and destruction during katrina then my tours in Iraq.

Even though these storms are terrible I love seeing how regular people become heros by saving and helping complete strangers. I remember 2 days after Katrina two RV's with Canadian licence plates came down my road to give us water and food, they were just two normal families that packed up their RVs and drove from Canada to the coast of Mississippi to help complete strangers when our government didnt because they said they couldnt get to us. That 15yr old girl with that huge smile on her face in that RV passing out water is my hero. It was her idea to come help. I will never forget them. It wasnt just the water and food they gaveus it was the knowing that everything will be ok because there is good people out there willing to sacrifice to help others. If thats not what a hero is then I dont know what is.

well Happy Veterans Day. Today is a day to give thanks to heros that sacrifice for others. So my thanks go to volunteers helping victims of Sandy and the ones who helped during Katrina, THANK YOU!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ussoldier

Happy Veterans Day!

Beers and cheers to all.....

edit on 11-11-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Happy Veterans day to those who have fallen and those who continue on, Thank You!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Happy Veteran's Day! Thanks to all our wonderful vets who have served us through the years, to all the wounded and suffering vets and for those who have sacrificed and lost their livs for us.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I went to SuperFresh to get some steaks, spiral ham, lamb loins and stuff for Sandy victims. When I went to checkout the cashier seen my hat that said Iraq Combat Infantryman and she asked if I was in iraq, I joked and said No I just like the hat haha. well she called her manager over and they whispered to each other. When the manager left the cashier said your total is $242..17. when I go to pay she said "wait thats not right, your a veteran your total is $121.09 then she laughed.

They gave me 50% off. I couldnt believe it.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Thank you to all veterans and active military for your service. You are appreciated!

edit on 11/11/2013 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join