It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran vs USA History Video- Russia Today Reads ATS?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

You did look at the picture? Obama is hunkered down, hands folded, no lap top, no manual or playbook in front of him. No advisors on his elbow feeding him data.

At least in this pic he is just a witness. His arena is the podium, the lights and oratory. Thats the Presidents job. That is what he is trained for. Thats a figure head, or "front man".

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I do not dispute this...still the Power of the office cannot be denied. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
Surely if there is a proxy war going on (Russia Today leads propaganda against the west) then you would think the MSM would be doing backflips of joy reporting how Russia aids Assad!!

There you go again. You're either too young, maybe haven't gotten to that chapter yet or simply choose to ignore Syrian aggression. The Russian/Soviets have been backing their proxy Syria against Israel for decades...

Source

In the period between Israel’s War of Independence (1948) and the Six Day War (1967), the Syrians constantly harassed Israeli border communities by firing artillery shells from their dominant positions on the Golan Heights. In October 1966 Israel brought the matter up before the United Nations. Five nations sponsored a resolution criticizing Syria for its actions but it failed to pass due to a Soviet veto.

Oh, look.

The Russians blocked the UN in favor of the Syrians then too......

This would be ideal propaganda do you not even pay attention to the RT propaganda and how the west supports rebels in Syria etc.

What goes around comes around eh?

I sometimes think Brit vs American use of the english language is lost in translation, certainly how we express sarcasm and understand context.

I am well aware and at no point did I say I did not know that Assad is funded by the Russians.

My point, in fact my only point in this thread about the MSM, is that they seemingly ignore or don't take full advantage of this- ie, I cannot ever recall a time where the MSM reported that Assad was funding and armed by Russia. I'm sure at some point it has been mentioned, but certainly not on the same level of how RT makes sure the world knows the rebels in Syria are backed by the west.

What I'm saying is not hard to understand, namely I know Assad is backed by Russia, yet I am suprised the MSM does not make a bigger deal of it as RT does, the parallel being the west supporting the 'rebels'.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I remember you Slayer. You're the paid troll who fills these boards with your Iranaphobia. These Arab states you speak of fearing a nuclear Iran is laughable. The West with all of their puppets in place is blastantly obvious. Bahrain once considered a terrorist state was removed followed up by one of the largest arms deals ever. Saudi Arabia women can't drive or vote, in Iran they can. Bahrain killing it's citizens daily and ignoring their protests, kind of like what you have in the West. Huh?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
What I'm saying is not hard to understand, namely I know Assad is backed by Russia, yet I am suprised the MSM does not make a bigger deal of it as RT does, the parallel being the west supporting the 'rebels'.

That's simply because RT is obsessed with everything that's wrong in the West. You know, I can ask the same thing of RT.

Why doesn't RT report all that's wrong with Russia? Why do they and PressTV for that matter never report on Russian and or Iranian dirt?

Western Media reports Western Dirt all the time 24/7 but those two never do ANY hard hitting reports or investigations about their own country's dirt.

Riddle me that batman.....

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
RT and Press TV are the only two outlets which broadcast official alternative news,and like any other MSM they have an agenda to push but it seems and to be honest they are not as biased and animated as their counter parts in the west,and they are definitely outnumbered by them...Did you know that Eutel sat has cut off 15 Iranian channels from Hot bird,including PressTV...So now there is only RT against the monsterous Zio propaganda Machine...So where are the advocators of the freedom of speech and democracy when you really need them!...Oh i forgot ,they are all focused on big bad Iran.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

We may be Iran apologists and Russia lovers but you sir are a US/Western apologist which is far worse. As long as a country decides for itself when to change a regime its ok, doesn't matter if the Shah was the head of Iran before Op. Ajax, if the people threw him away, the US has no right to put him back just because the Iranians took some attitude and screwed Britain over.

Just like the US has no right to police the world.

You can't deny that there is so much propaganda against iran you feel the need to puke.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Maybe the same people behind ATS are also behind RT?

Now there's a conspiracy!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

Although the U.S. has made some large mistakes...Iran is a brutal dictatorship that has a population that is being held hostage by it's own Government. If you try to defend Iran...it is a hard sell as I do not think YOU would want to live there seeing as how you would have little rights and if you were a Woman...you are little more than a Slave.

Iran has broken the NPT and this will not be allowed. It is also playing Nuclear Games with a Super Power and that will not be allowed. But the Back Breaker and the driving force behind the already made decision to remove the Iranian Regime has to do with the Iranian Old Religious Guards intent to threaten the Closing of the Worlds Oil Bloodline which is the shipping route through the Strait of Hormuz.

The very Moment they threatened the shipping Lanes...was the moment they sealed their fate. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Your information about Iran is entirely biased and totally influenced by the MSM ...You should keep an open mind about Iranians and learn about their culture and laws,if you want to have an informed and honest opinion about them....There are flaws in Iranian regime but they are far different from what your Propaganda machines are trying to make you believe.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Iran hasn't actually done anything then has it?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Never, ever resort to using the words never and ever.
It makes you look desperate.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by shapur

I have several Iranian American friends who own a Breakfast/Lunch Business in my town. I know a great deal about Iran, it's people, it's Persian History and the coward that was Darius III who lost a battle with Alexander the Great in which Alexander was extremely out numbered but as Darius continued to make mistakes on the Battlefield he panicked and FLED in front of his army which also panicked his army thus a Massive Persian Army lost the battle to a inferior force.

Darius' own men killed him as Alexander caught up with him as Alexander vowed to TRACK THE COWARD DOWN.

I see a great deal of similarities to the current Iranian Leader and Darius III Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Iran hasn't actually done anything then has it?

It has broken the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty that it signed in order to be able to purchase Nuclear Tech and Nuclear Reactors. It has also kicked out of the country the Nuclear Inspectors which allows enforcement of the treaty by sanctions and possible military action.

Iran is also a benefactor to many Terrorist Groups as well as supplying Weapons and IUD's to Iraqi Shiite Religious Groups in Iran and Afghanistan.

Iran has also threatened Nuclear Blackmail and threatened to Close the Strait of Hormuz. 94% of all Iranians wish for Good Relations with the U.S. 96% desire a free Democratic Iran and Iran has a population that is 70% UNDER THE AGE OF 30 YEARS OLD! They are Hostages in their own Country. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Iran has not broken the NPT. But the US have, Germany have and the UK.

The US support Israel militarily and politically which have not signed the NPT. That is against the NTP. The US,Germany and UK have neglected to support Iran in acquiring peaceful nuclear technology, by refusing to help Iran in 2004-5. That is also against the NPT.
Germany have sold Israel subs which Israel now have armed with nuclear tipped missiles.This is against NTP.

Iran might be playing a game with a superpower. But what right does a superpower have to neglect its own treaties to suppress Iran? The US cant demand that Iran fallow's NPT if the US wont fallow the treaty they have signed as well.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Iranians have bowed to the outsider forces throughout the history whenever the Invader has been too powerful and ruthless and the rulers of Iran have been so corrupted and hated by the majority ...But now neither the enemy is that majestic nor are the Iranian rulers as weak and corrupted...Plus people of Iran and most of the world kind of know what's really going on,thanks to the internet and the young generations...So nope,my friend the Darius Alexander scenario seems not working this time because Darius is an Ayatollah and Alexander is Tom from a broken disliked country...No way people buy in to that.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

66...Iran has broken just about every rule of the NPT. The only thing left is to complete a Bomb and sell one.
Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by shapur

The Iranian Reality is that they will most likely overthrow their own Regime as the Iranian Military is on the verge of Mutiny and in particular the Iranian Navy. They are very pissed off at the prospect of being used as a Sacrificial Lamb by the Old Religious Guard and Secret Military to Military talks between Iran's Military Leadership and the U.S. Military is on going.

With any luck...the Iranian Military will not carry out SUICIDAL ORDERS given to them by the regime and STAND DOWN. This will allow the Iranian Military to back the Massive in number Iranian Pro-Democracy Movement and become the protector of a Free Democratic Iran.

If this does not happen soon then it is just a matter of time before the U.S. takes Military Action. Split Infinty

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

10 years ago, who would have thought Americans would have to count on a Russian News Network for real reporting and journalism...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

As an Iranian living in Iran i don't see what you are saying is happening here....Maybe if the west didn't insist so much for the regime change it would have naturally happened by the people already,but now the more you insist the more people realize the true intentions behind the false claims and accusations and the more united they become against the west...So you and the propaganda machine are doing a pretty good job in favor of the Iranian regime by restlessly pushing your agenda down peoples throat,whatever that might be....You might even enlighten a lot of your own folks.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join