It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran vs USA History Video- Russia Today Reads ATS?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Oh splitty, come on!

First you say

"Every single Citizen of the United States is responsible for their Leaders Actions and every Leader that has been elected by the American people is held accountable to the American people."

then you say

"a U.S. President does NOT have the Highest Level of Clearance that exists. The President's clearance level is about 8 levels lower than the Top Level. The Higher Levels are only given on a NEED TO KNOW BASIS and there is a very good reason for this."

So the people have no idea what is going on, neither does the President! You just proved the existence of the very powers that you spend all your resources denying.

Bollocks

ROFLMAO

P

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Yes, you are blinded.

How so? You haven't even said anything that explains your claim that I'm 'blinded'.

The US follows the holy path of money, bowing to the shiny bricks of gold and the stacks of green paper. Special holy paper that only the chosen can use to print more paper in ever increasing amounts until the holy fiscal temple of insanity comes crashing down around their ears.

Where did I mention money? And why are you turning a discussion about Russian/Iranian state controlled news agencies into a rant against capitalism?

In a post financial apocalyptic America who will control the Nuclear arsenal

About 90% of your post was incoherent prattle that had nothing to do with what I wrote about Iran.

The point being, Iran's regime is based on a messianic premise that sees the Iranian revolution as the 'avante-gard of the Imam Mahdi. That alone makes them far more of a threat than the 'god' of money you feel would lead atheists to start a nuclear war.

Both America and Russia understood the concept of MAD. Would Iran? Not when they have prophetic traditions insuring them that Islam will eventually conquer the whole world.
edit on 11-11-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I have not typed a denial of any kind. There is a very good reason for these people with Top Level Clearance and this imperative was put in place by IKE as it was necessary to avoid the use of such knowledge for Political Gain.

Make NO MISTAKE...Politicians will use ANYTHING to get reelected. They would use even Classified Information to do it! This prevents the leaking of Ultra-Top Secret Programs that are by their very nature...information that is as lethal and powerful as the Program itself.

Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

I think the leaders you cheer on may be thinking that MAD now means Masses Attacked Decisively. You seem to have difficulty thinking outside the religious sphere. I did not state that the believers of $$$ were atheists, they just believe in a different deity.

The lot you cheer on are much more dangerous than the forces you denounce. About 3000 nuclear weapons more dangerous. The ability to destroy the entire planet carries with it an enormousness responsibility. The ability to do this three times is just plain stupid. Being led by the stupid morons who think MAD is a good policy is scary poo poo.

The fact that you are cheering them on is an indictment of your thinking processes.

P

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

I have not typed a denial of any kind. There is a very good reason for these people with Top Level Clearance and this imperative was put in place by IKE as it was necessary to avoid the use of such knowledge for Political Gain.

Make NO MISTAKE...Politicians will use ANYTHING to get reelected. They would use even Classified Information to do it! This prevents the leaking of Ultra-Top Secret Programs that are by their very nature...information that is as lethal and powerful as the Program itself.

Split Infinity

And your statements show that the political system of the West is so much of a sham.
So called communism fell over because it failed.
So called democracy will follow shortly.
History will show that both were just another form of greed. Greed for power and Greed for wealth.

You have just said that we cannot trust our elected politicians because they are ultimately corrupt. At last, we can agree on something.

P

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

edit on 11-11-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

I am literally sick to the point of exasperation of dealing with Russia Today and PressTV clips which pander to conspiracy enthusiasts, as if the subjects they cover weren't themselves an extension of deliberate government policy.

Hence, the plethora of anti-Israel, anti-Zionist, anti-american segments they have. They talk as if they were libertarians! , and many here probably get that impression.

Heres a fact about Russia Today: Russia Today is a virtual cartel of the Russia Government, funded by the Federal Agency on Press and Mass Communications of the Russian Federation. Same situation with Press TV in Iran, which is funded by the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting.

I think that is one thing we can agree on. PressTV, RT are as biased as western MSM is towards their own agendas.

They are appealing to those groups which they can make use of in their propaganda war against the west. For instance, to claim that 'oil' - the talking point which the hostess mentions again and again, obfuscates the larger issue of Iran's religious fanaticism, it's nuclear program, and it's inveterate threats against Israel.

While Iran's religious fanaticism is not right (according to western society) Israel is no better. As far as it's nuclear program, well, show me some proof that they are building a nuclear bomb, or even enriching to such levels. Israel threatens just as much as they receive...don't let them fool you. They aren't weak.

Same thing with Iraq. People are acting as if Saddam didn't have a large stockpile of chemical weapons, that he didn't transfer them to Syria, and that Syrias current possession of chemical weapons ( Link) - which they could have only received from Saddam.

...and where did Saddam get his from? France, Italy, Switzerland, Brazil, USA, UK, Austria, Singapore, Egypt, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Spain, China, Portugal, and Niger.
So you see, we're all guilty.

These news shows are designed for western audiences. For us English speakers, mostly non russians and non-iranians; they are carefully crafted propaganda aimed at the increasingly growing population which turns to alternative news sources for it's information, and distrusts everything about 'western media', as if the state owned media of Russia and Iran were somehow more factually credible.

Not more factually credible, just reporting what others don't. The truth is in between somewhere.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Do people honestly think Iran will nuke Israel and commit Seppuko? Why would they do that exactly?

Let's see, Iran has not invaded a country in over 200 years, and America has averaged a war every 20 years.

Who are the terrorists again?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69
Let's see, Iran has not invaded a country in over 200 years, and America has averaged a war every 20 years.

Oh then that must mean they are totally harmless

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69
reply to post by SLAYER69

Do people honestly think Iran will nuke Israel and commit Seppuko? Why would they do that exactly?

Who are the terrorists again?

Yes, they actually do. With nothing to back up their claims except conjecture and opinion used in place of facts. It is a little funny, a little sad and sometimes maddening.
As to why they think Iran would do this? Because the media tells them, and they believe it.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I did not say that...you did. I do not trust all Politicians. This does not mean there are some who could be trusted. Still...they are all held accountable one way or the other. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

LOL yup so true, last I heard there is 12 clearances above him. A lot of stuff is need to know, just cause you have TS, doesn't mean you can even be in a "Secret" room..and so on. I bet he gets alot of stuff like, " Oh yea Mr. President, we just did a UAV strike in Pakistan and killed a few civi's, sorry." I bet he gets a lot of his news last min and hes like WTF guys??

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by live2beknown

Many of the reasons that do not allow the President to have Top Clearance are to INSULATE the President and protect the President Politically. Then there are very real Need to Know Ultra-High Tech Programs that MUST be need to know.

The last President that had the Highest Clearance Level was George Bush Sr. He was a former CIA Director and knew everything there was to know. He knew more than Reagan as a Vice President. Before him as a President with Top Level Clearance was IKE.

The Reality is that a President would NOT want to know everything if possible. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

It's good like that, most stuff he doesn't need to know about..Like high tech stuff and all,CIA mostly keeps a lot from the president, but most stuff the president doesn't need to know. But really, your self knowing TS stuff puts you at risk, the more you know, the more spies want to know you..Sometimes it's not even worth it to know about this stuff..

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by live2beknown

The only time anyone with some knowledge would need to worry is if that person talked about Classified Information that has not already become part of the Public Consciousness. So I can talk about E.T. but I can't talk about specific Field Guidelines that detail procedure on how to CONTAIN A SITUATION...or HOW TO PROPERLY PLACE DOUBT IN THE PUBLIC'S MIND BY USING DISINFORMATION.

These are the 3 D's. DENIAL....DISINFORMATION....DOUBT....in that order.

Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Theres a big difference between a country that is neutral to the unfolding events of the world and a country that is causing the events to unfold. A president who is on the receiving end of information that is already happening and which his country is not responsible for is a lot more informed about that than about stuff that is about to go down that his military and state department are orchestrating. No?

Remember, this agenda of world domination started a long time before this president or the last several anyway ever came to sit at a desk in the white house. What does he have to do with that except announce it to the people after it is already happening? See Bush--- " On my orders, strikes have begun". BS

Sorry, but I don't believe there is much wider scope than that. The president is a figure head, a mouthpiece, a scape goat and a hero. Not actually involved.

Look at this picture. See Obama? He is out the loop here. If you ask me this picture clearly shows who's in charge at times like this.

edit on 11-11-2012 by intrptr because: Image

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
But think about it, the President can't make any decisions without congress, and we all know how corrupt the congress is..

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I think the leaders you cheer on may be thinking that MAD now means Masses Attacked Decisively.

Who says I'm cheering them on? You talk as If one has to turn a blind eye to the fanaticism of Iran; if not, one supports whatever you imagine I'm supporting.

All I know is, I don't view favorably Iran's totalitarian and extremist ideology. Therefore, It is wise and circumspect to make sure they never have access to a weapon as powerful as a nuclear bomb.

This is not derived from the western media, but a simple study of Shia Islam, the Iranian revolution, the writings of Sayd Qutb, Ayatollah Khomeini, and the last 7 or 8 years since Ahmadinejad came into power.

All this is worrisome. Don't think it will go away if "Israel goes away". Think again. Anyone with a knowledge of the progression of political Islam (known as Islamism) is truly horrified by it's growth since Obama came into power. Now, the Muslim Brotherhood rules in Egypt, and is the leading political party in the Tunisian parliament! And in Libya and Syria, theres a movement towards Islamization and an opposition that is inching closer to ousting Assad.

And nothing to worry over? As the edifice built by western imperialism crumbles before our eyes??

It's just wanton ignorance of the difficulties between western culture and its philosophical view of the world and Islamic culture and it's view of the world that leads to these naive judgements that sees "west as bad" and "Islam, innocent victims". As harsh as it may sound, it was in our interest to keep them down. But, the tides are changing and the Islamist - backwards looking and sharia trumpeting - movement, is in the ascendent, and stupid leftists don't even see how this is a problem. As if their world view doesn't contradict ours; and as if their religion doesn't require them to overcome us.

You seem to have difficulty thinking outside the religious sphere.

And you seem to have a difficulty of thinking rationally, which, if you were rational, would indicate to you the importance of taking seriously the religious sphere.

I did not state that the believers of $$$ were atheists, they just believe in a different deity.

aye...they don't believe in money. They don't "worship" it an alter. Yes, they worship it 'unconsciously', but they are most of them secularists and atheists at heart. This is the only world of relevance to them; and that, my friend, is the difference between them and Islamists.

The lot you cheer on are much more dangerous than the forces you denounce

They're definitely more perspicacious. But they are not more dangerous. I'd much prefer people who 'doubt' then people who are so freaking sure they have the truth that they would start a nuclear war to get rid of the 'evil' of western culture.

That's just psychological prudence.

The fact that you are cheering them on is an indictment of your thinking processes.

I cheer on the side that promotes my self interests i.e. my philosophical values.

I know the west is far from blameless. But being guilty does not entail committing suicide.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I would not say the President is a Figure Head. It depends on the Man who is in office. Some are cemented in with Special Interests and there have been and I hope to GOD their will be Presidents in the Future who will use the Power of that office to LEAD! Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Israel is no better.

Israel functions as a secular democracy. It doesn't matter if they have a million plus Haredi; they don't influence government policy beyond providing them separate buses, military exemptions etc.

To try to say Israel is 'religious' is a plain lie. At most, if you were to ever try to apply the idea of Israel as a 'religious' state, it would be the most ultra-light religious state that has ever existed. The only tangible religious notion of relevance is the right of return, which is eligible to any convert to Judaism.

But that is about it; and even then, it doesn't have any force in Israeli society. All citizens, Muslims, Christians, Jews, etc, are treated as completely equal under the formal laws of the land.

Israel threatens just as much as they receive

Jews just want to live; l'chaim, as they say.

There is not an ounce of extremism in their cultural ideology. Conversely, in Iran, you have a weird combination of Sunni Islamist authoritarianism with the feverish religiosity of Shia Islam. A dangerous and scary mix.

Of course. I speak only of the hardline, religious supporters of the regime. There are plenty of secularists in Iran. However, they have little or no power. Thus, we have to pretend as if they don't matter as long as Iran remains in the hands of religious fanatics.

...and where did Saddam get his from? France, Italy, Switzerland, Brazil, USA, UK, Austria, Singapore, Egypt, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Spain, China, Portugal, and Niger. So you see, we're all guilty.

Nonetheless, they were WMD's. He had them. The US knew that. Saddam simply transferred them outside the country to his trusty ba'athist pals in Syria.

So it wasn't so much a lie. And I don't think oil was their only interests. Knowing what they've know about Iran for the last 10 or so years, you can imagine that made western thinkers a bit worried.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join