It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you make a psychopathic stalker go away online?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kapablanka
reply to post by cavalryscout

Grey lines of text are infinitely more interesting and intelligent than your average ''real'' person in the ''real'' world, who is most likely a ''fake'' person in a ''fake'' world and is so consumed and distracted by their own karmic instability and sketchiness that they have an offensive volatile energy.

Errr..ah.....what?

Who do you think is typing those lines of text? Robots? Aliens? NO it is being typed by 'real people'.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Nah no problem.

I have a similar out look on FB. I only use.it as a messaging system for people I don't have contact with normally. I also don't believe in reporting every instance of nonsense because like you said it gives them protagonism that they seek.

It just seems to me that we are.collectively heading to a separate "online" mentality that will inevitably spill over into real life where anonymity is not present.

Socially we are becoming disassociated with people because of this phenomena.
look to teenagers today that have grown up with this culture fully developed.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by manykapao
Some one posted from my profile and made this about me. Great example.

Who posted from your profile?

Maybe you should think a little more carefully before you start threads about people on ATS, as it will invoke people looking at your posts.

"Hey guys, how do I deal with stalkers? They're not breaking ATS rules, but they're annoying me srsly guys!!!!"

*doh*

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

OK, done? Thanks for.dropping by. Seeing as you do not like this thread or its "whining " I guess this is good bye. Shucks.....*kicks can*

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by manykapao

Personally I avoid your posts. They're always too long for what you have to say and I really think you're a bit self obsessed if you think a psycho stalker is 'out to get you' on ATS...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I made a thread about online stalkers. NOT ATS problems. If I had an issue with another member I would just report it if it was stalker bad.

I wanted to discuss online stalking and bullying in general. I have been more than accommodating and now will only respond to ONTOPIC posts. I will take some good advice and Report all personal attacks on me and offtopic BS.

If you want to discuss the social phenomenon of online harassment then fine if not I will report you to the mods.
Topic: online harassment, solutions ect.

edit on 11-11-2012 by manykapao because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Take it on the chin, Rock!

No seriously, just ignore them. It is possible to ignore someone's response simply by not reading what they put on the screen.

I always wonder how people let words on a screen affect them so much. They're just pixels.

Good luck!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I could care less.

That doesn't make any sense! This has been grinding my gears for a long time...

The correct phrase is ''I couldn't care less''. As in, I don't give sh*t!

Why do SO MANY PEOPLE FAIL to comprehend this?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

I could care less.

The correct phrase is ''I couldn't care less''. As in, I don't give sh*t!

Why do SO MANY PEOPLE FAIL to comprehend this?

Whoa pull it back!

Damn, first you jump his ass and say his posts are too long and now this?
It's funny but just in this thread I don't think we should be so rough on the poor guy.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Yeah that is true in most situations in life. What would.you tell a HS student that can't ignore it like that girl that moved and committed suicide because her stalkers followed her online.

Or an ex that has your main email you can't change because you need it for work or something.

There is a legal limbo where the authorities can't intercede. I am totally against internet censorship by big brother but we do need some laws to fill that void. Socially, anonymity is not good because it spills over into the real world where that protection does not exist

You can't say I could care less (sarcastically) but what if you are a teen or in a situation where you have to care like an ex trying to get you fired via online BS at work related internet activity?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Oi do not try and pick on him, If you do not like his threads posts do not read em.

Anyhow just to cheer you up OP a montage

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

YEAH!
*picks up log, runs off into the sunset*

That song does it everytime for me.....

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Manykapao started picking when he created this thread. I have no affiliation with said member he is referring to. I'm not picking on him, I just feel that calling a fellow ATS member a psycho stalker for debating you is a bit much.

I guess this thread caught me at a bad time!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

No problem. I didn't make this thread to talk about ATS members, that one or.myself.

Lets just move on shall we?

AGAIN: TOPIC IS
Online harassment and solutions..ect

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I want to make a point that is pertinent to this thread. When online bullying starts there is a common mentality that the person receiving the harassment somehow "asked" for it. That somehow they "deserved " it.

They are then scrutinized for any instance of flaw in an effort to justify the treatmentment as "just".

Like some unwritten code is being honored. The cool kids MUST do this because social cohesion demands our negative actions. IT is being done for a common good.....

It is a morally flawed mentality that seeks justification for negative behavior.
Making people feel uncomfortable is never your social obligation. It is an opportunistic response from shallow and base minds that lack real happiness and self worth. These sociopaths usually need to degrade and pass judgements on others because they lack the courage to do so to themselves.

Pathetic is a word.that Comes to mind, but dangerous is better describing this behaviors effects on society.

Cowards use group intimidation tactics and try to pass judgements on people so as to justify the moral charge to their conscious they are forced to ignore. Key word. Ignore....ignorance plays a key role.

Homosexuals, minorities of all types and different people of all sorts have been subjected to this treatment The cowards that bother them now have the internet. In the real world you can give them a bloody nose and they learn their lesson, snub them socially and they learn their lesson. Ect.

Online there is no real corrective force since they are anonymous.

Perhaps anonymity should not be allowed. Sounds very big brother of.me, but I see no real solution without real big brother Intervention that would be MUCH worse.

If you wouldn't say it in the real world, why say it online? Cowardice is why and all the problems that brings are what follow.

Just look at some of the posts here......

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
HI
I frequent a poker site quite alot and the behavior your on about is common place. Especially during school holidays.
I used to work in the catering industry and found the tricks used there with rude customers work pretty much everywhere.
It's very simple, you simply turn up your polite mode to a very uncomfortable level,i'm not sure if i can explain it any other way. I have found a way of telling someone where to go without being offensive.

but then i have also been told i have a strange sense of humour

also take on the thought toward them that your flattered that you are interesting enough to warrant their attention..

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

[color=919191]I assume that this↓remark is at least somewhat directed at me.......

Originally posted by manykapao

When online bullying starts there is a common mentality that the person receiving the harassment somehow "asked" for it. That somehow they "deserved " it.

You've got it all wrong. I didn't say one way or the other if I thought that you deserved it. When I stated that you asked for it, I was talking about your reaction.

Like I said: It doesn't matter whether or not Winofiend is guilty of your accusations. What is relevant, is that you think (s)he is.

So with that in mind, what was your reply to Winofiend? You became excessively defensive, and got yourself all worked up over it, and responded with a rather heated reply.

I thought the point of this thread was that you were searching for a solution to this problem of yours.

[color=FFAC82]The problem is all yours. The solution that you seek, begins & ends with you. If you continue to fire back at others, and if you continue allowing yourself to boldly express your frustrations about it all, nothing will ever change.

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

I could care less.

The correct phrase is ''I couldn't care less''.

In general terms, I would completely agree with that↑ comment....

However, regarding this particular situation, "I could care less" actually is the appropriate wording. (S)He obviously does care deeply, which leaves plenty of room for him/her to 'care less'.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

This is your last chance. This thread is not about me or you. One more BS attempt to make it about you or me or your ordinary beloved and I will report you.

Talk about self obsessed and narcissistic. No I don't care what you think of me or my reaction. I dont care if you like me or my thread or my posts. The way you are obsessing over this makes me think you are the same poster with many accounts and is having a mental breakdown because some one made a thread that is hitting too close to home.

Please contribute to the thread without making it about me or you or I will report you. This is just retarded now.

I thought you avoided my posts because you didn't like them?

I must be very important to you. Thank you. I am flattered. But really. Stop it.

Online bullying, thoughts? Or just more off the clock pseudo psychology about me and my motives?

I could care less about your "analysis"

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown
reply to post by phroziac

1. calling the cops
2. illegaly armed
3. good luck

OP, maybe she's only in love with you?

Are you stupid? I am legally armed..ccw. i also dont recognize unconstitutional laws, i do have a second amentment right.
edit on 11-11-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

and I will report you.
noooo!

Talk about self obsessed and narcissistic
you said it.

count yourself lucky, i wish i had a stalker.
i would suggest you stop being a drama queen.

edit on 11-11-2012 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join