It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you make a psychopathic stalker go away online?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I am sure that today in age people have asked themselves how to deal with online psychos. People who stalk your profiles and try and learn everything about you. Acting like complete idiots in the process but more to the point showing you that they are completely insane, petty, and weird.

How do you best get rid of crazy unbalanced people who follow you around on forums. In real life it is easy. Online it is different, how do you get a mentally unhealthy person to stop following your posts on a forum like ATS for example? It is not like they are violating the T&C so they wont get in trouble, as if that would make them stop.

But really. When ignoring them doesn't work, how do you make psychos go away?
The only thing I can think of is live with their constant nagging and lurking around your profile.

Creepy shady and weird. Sheesh.

edit on 11-11-2012 by manykapao because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Ive had to tell a couple of them im calling the cops. I also usually left where they came from permanently and sioently. no matter how many times theyd break the rules, its only you who gets in trouble for cussing them out.

A little passive agressive helps sometimes. "you know i pack heat....dont do anything stupid".

Honestly this is part of why i am armed. Right now too, even though its illegal here in nj.....in a town hit by sandy. no zombies though.

People suck.

The most fun is to be incredibly pleasant. Always pisses them off. I dont have that kind of self control.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

1. calling the cops
2. illegaly armed
3. good luck

OP, maybe she's only in love with you?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Indirectly corrupt their thought process, through your own actions.

This may have adverse effects, but if done correctly, may help your situation.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by manykapao

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Are you referring to yourself?

Because it seems to me, after being confused by this thread and reading some of your posts, that you're the one who seems to make the effort to be personal and nosey and.. well.. rather odd if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Dude really?

It sounds like you spend a little too much time online. Take a break turn the computer off and go for a walk in the 'real world' meet some 'real people'.

Not much you can do maybe best to just ignore the comments. People ignore my comments all the time.

Also you may want to google the word ignore and read the definition.
edit on 11-11-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

What I find odd is that you would come to this thread for the purpose of disrupting it. Your behavior is in part what I am talking about.

You are the one being noisy. So you went through my profile, saw this thread and decided to come here to derail it. I wasn't going to mention members since that is.just rude and a violation of the T&C.

It seems that poster though has a fellow member that joins in tandem to force conversations to sway their way.

You wouldn't be her bald friend would you? Maybe I am off, if so my apologies. But your presence here is just a little strange to me since you are not actually participating but rather making judgements on me.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by manykapao

People who stalk your profiles and try and learn everything about you.
If you never posted any personal information about yourself, there would be nothing for them to find.

The only thing I can think of is live with their constant nagging and lurking around your profile.
Obviously, you allow it to bother you. Even if you actually have been ignoring them, they apparently still know that it bothers you. That in itself is enough fuel to keep them going on with it.

Acting like complete idiots in the process...........

P.S. It's not an act. Most people truly are idiots.

Originally posted by winofiend

Because it seems to me, after being confused by this thread and reading some of your posts, that you're the one who seems to make the effort to be personal and nosey and.. well.. rather odd if you ask me.
lol.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Maybe. I am just curious how people deal with these situations.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Maybe so, but since no real post can be completely neutral anything you post is a revelation of your self. It is not that it bothers me. Not at all. Fuel for them is a lack of a working sense of reality. Some people are just like that.
I really am just curious how people deal with these situations. I could care less. I am still online aren't I?

I could just disconnect the computer and leave if it bothered me. I actually have thick skin. Just wondering.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

What I find odd is that you would come to this thread for the purpose of disrupting it. Your behavior is in part what I am talking about.

You are the one being noisy. So you went through my profile, saw this thread and decided to come here to derail it. I wasn't going to mention members since that is.just rude and a violation of the T&C.

It seems that poster though has a fellow member that joins in tandem to force conversations to sway their way.

You wouldn't be her bald friend would you? Maybe I am off, if so my apologies. But your presence her is just a little strange to me since you are not actually participating but rather making judgements on me.

Regardless of whether or not Winofiend is guilty of your accusations, you're just asking for it. You obviously have an attitude problem.

And also, this↑ post of yours provides no evidence whatsoever that you are even attempting to 'ignore'.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Maybe. I am just curious how people deal with these situations.

If you are trying to avoid online idiots...

Turn off your PC...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

If someone makes a post that is not directed at you and is coincidentally in the same threads as you. Maybe your the mentally unstable person for thinking your being stalked. Besides if they're not leaving messages and comments to you. How do you know they're stalking you.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Nobody went through your profile, it posts to the main page

Your being paranoid. chill out
edit on 11-11-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

No one asks for.anything. that is a prime example of.the attitude that leads to online bullying. I wanted to make this thread about that since it has been on the news recently and we have different perspectives on it.

Ignoring is not the same as letting people go unchallenged. I have every right. And he asked a question. I answered.

Thanks but I wouldn't weigh your opinion of my "attitude " without first knowing your character. You may be utterly flawed and so would not need consider your opinion of me as worthy of reflection. You may be a terrible person. So sorry.the internet is not a place to pass judgements and make assessments of people you do not know.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

And deal with them in person? !
Ridiculous.......LOL

I will not change my habits, like I said it is.not something I lose sleep over. I was just curious to hear peoples thoughts on online harassment and how they feel to best deal with it.

Some one posted from my profile and made this about me. Great example.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I wasn't trying to be rude but as you can see by other comments the easiest way to deal with it is to just ignore the comments.

The more you respond to the person the more they are likely to continue the behavior. If you just ignore them they will probably move on to easier prey.

Another thought is to report the person to the websites administrators / mods. it sounds like you're telling on them but if it bothers you that much then make a report.

I don't do FB or other sites because of all of the morons on the internet but you can always try blocking the person. (?)

I'm sorry it is bothering you so badly.
Hope you find a solution.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Grey lines of text are infinitely more interesting and intelligent than your average ''real'' person in the ''real'' world, who is most likely a ''fake'' person in a ''fake'' world and is so consumed and distracted by their own karmic instability and sketchiness that they have an offensive volatile energy.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

reply to post by winofiend

Yeah, you're so worth the effort of stalking, it's amazing you find space to breathe.

What actually happened is, see, you made a thread. Got it so far? That thread appeared on the Firehose. I thought the topic might have something of interest in it, but when I got here, it's just you having a sook, about what, is left to the imagination. But you did mention someone on ATS... so I decided to look.

Following? Yes??

Oh I'm sorry. I thought you posted a thread. Obviously I was tricked by someone into coming here and being nosey.

You wouldn't be her bald friend would you? Maybe I am off, if so my apologies. But your presence here is just a little strange to me since you are not actually participating but rather making judgements on me.

Yeah, sure, I'm her bald friend. My being here has nothing at all to do with the fact YOU created a thread that appeared in the Firehose. Nothing at all..

You see you are just so damn important that we rally to hassle you behind your back. A concerted effort. We really like you.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

No one asks for.anything.
Not only do you not ignore, but you allow yourself to quickly become all riled up about it, which is all it takes. You started off this thread by asking, "When ignoring them doesn't work, how do you make psychos go away?", but you're not even trying to ignore.

You're asking for an alternative solution, even though you have not actually tried the simplest solution.

Ignoring is not the same as letting people go unchallenged. I have every right. And he asked a question. I answered.
Then stop whining about it.

Thanks but I wouldn't weigh your opinion of my "attitude " without first knowing your character......
That is info that you will never know.

As previously stated: if you don't give out personal information about yourself, there will be no information for others to find.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join