It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Event in US RSOE 11th November 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I have just had that from RSOE on my facebook.

Cant post links yet.

Can anyone confirm?

Apparantly it is Fitzpatrick Nuclear plant
edit on 11-11-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Transformer fire, no radiation release

An "unusual event" was declared at the FitzPatrick Nuclear Power Plant in Oswego County after a transformer fire Sunday morning. The fire broke out in a main transformer and was put out by 6:30 a.m. The reactor automatically shutdown safely and plant officials say there was no release of radiation as a result of the incident. They tell us station personnel responded to the situation using detailed procedures and extensive training. An Entergy spokesperson says the power plant is in a safe condition an the incident posed no threat to the health and safety of its employees or the public. The "unusual event" declaration is the lowest of four classifications of incidents at nuclear power plants. Entergry says the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission along with state and county officials have been notified of the incident.
reply to post by EvanB

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This is all, so far. Fire Breaks out... Tell me again how you heard about this.

edit on 11-11-2012 by UnaChispa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Thank God that is all.

Many thanks

Mods feel free to close

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Story

Fire, same as above.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Apparently a fire there...
Link

Never mind......

edit on 11-11-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by UnaChispa

I have regular updates on world events from RSOE on my facebook. I read it not long back and thought crap! Glad it is not serious

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

RSOE gets a lot of stuff coming in from radio buffs and the like. They monitor radio frequencies all over the place and post whatever they hear that sounds worth mentioning. Kind of like ATS on HAM.
So, they can be good but sometimes their info can be off. This time, though, they did great.

In fact, RSOE sometimes have stuff about Nuclear "incidents" before anything gets on the MSM -- if it gets reported at all, that is.

By the way and just for info, the RSOE emergency and disaster map is not so reliable when it comes to earthquakes, because with big quakes they often upload what comes in on multiple feeds from quake monitoring organizations (like USGS in the US, ESMC in Europe and JMA in Japan) and so sometimes they show two or even three quakes when only one actually occurred. They usually correct the errors, but it's always worth checking back to the main sources (like USGS etc) to see what really happened.

Mike

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
For the record, I regularly check the RSOE and it's faily common to see 0-ranking nuclear events and HAZMATs, usually not more than three in a day. My estimate is an average five or six minor incidents the course of a week, usually never the same locations, even over time, and there is very little follow-up which leads me to believe they remain minor incidents. I've really seen nothing report-worthy in the past few months (from the RSOE), besides what is already covered at Fukishima. I noticed it more when I made it my home page for a while!
edit on 11-11-2012 by Northwarden because: (no reason given)

top topics

join