It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

" WITCH .............she is a witch " ooops , appologies - wrong century " "PEADOPHILE .....he i

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

His point is that anytime anyone levels the accusation of being a pedophile against anyone, there is an instant witch hunt, and sometimes innocent people get hurt because of it. People are accused of it for nothing more than staring at a child a second or two too long anymore, and it needs to stop. There are real pedophiles, and they should be punished, when they act out on their urges, and children are hurt. But at the same time, innocent people are being hurt by the accusations.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Right, there have been at least a few cases, where someone was accused, but it turned out they were actually victims of credit card fraud. End up having to move across the country, or to another country altogether, where your mug wasn't plastered all over the paper with the word pedophile in the headline.

It's not only accused pedophiles that have the problem. Look at how many people still call whatsherface a baby killer. How many people still think of OJ as a murderer that got away with it.
edit on Mon, 12 Nov 2012 12:11:52 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueAjah
reply to post by DENBY

Again, all of those are exact examples of the propaganda spread by those who support pedophilia.

And that has what to do with my post?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Originally posted by BlueAjah
reply to post by DENBY

Again, all of those are exact examples of the propaganda spread by those who support pedophilia.

Support paedophilia? Are you completely insane

No-one is supporting it mate, these people are sick and society has to deal with them somehow. What do you propose, go back to the dark ages and kill them? What Denby said is pretty accurate.

Thankyou!

No matter the situation Dignity & Decorum must prevail.
Not to forget Civility & Common Sense.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Interesting, while I don't disagree that the term pedophilia has been used to oust/shut up a person. The comparison is not just lol, a witch is a fake imaginary fairy book character with all kinds of vast power and magic's (christian version) or a person who practices earth/wiccan followings neither of which cause harm to others or at least children(accept mentally ill ^^). Where as a pedophilia really does exist and does cause harm to children so if there is an accusation it should be followed up on.

As far as anyone making a baseless accusation, well that could be said for most crimes. If someone punches you in the face and you are the only witness, well how can you prove so and so punched you in the face, just because you have a bruise doesn't mean you didn't punch self in face. For a lot of crimes really if yah think about it, rape, theft,assault, racism. Age discrimination, broken property, list could go on and on. Without evidence all you have is your word /shrug.

If your talking about the way peoples names get thrown around the media before any evidence comes out well, blame the media and the people they get their"scoops" from. Peoples names aren't even supposed to be printed dealing with crimes unless convicted, potentially all the people mentioned can sue for all kinds of stuff and probably make a crapload doing it.

If your talking about how a lot of people are in the media at same time, well heh, all good lies have a truth and all good truths have some lies, and usually with a topic like this people rat each other faster than you can say good bye. So either they are all baseless accusations, or there is some truth in there somewhere? And when birds of a feather flock together, start ratting each other out , pfffwooosh a flood of accusations come out.

The only thing that ever errks me about these types of cases is how people are allowed to make these accusations public 20-80 years later. wtf is that, if you are that hurt, that distraught, so messed up you can't get though life but you can wait 40 50 60 70 years to make any attempt at retribution, F THAT. New laws should be in place if you don't accuse your offender whether is sexually, monetary, or emotional with a 2-5 year period I say it should be thrown out and if brought up you get arrested, 40-60 years these people continued to rape and molest mentally disabled children in Britain's case and IM supposed to feel sorry for them? cowardly scumbags.

F%^& THEM, they could have stop years of torture, abuse, and things that happened to them, that are happening to other children. And don't give me this crap of past regression BS, if you get through your whole life and "DING" all of a sudden at 45-65 years of age remember gee I think I was molested, well then guess it didn't effect you that bad now did it? So I guess we can all go on living.

A more current witch hunt would be racism / terrorism

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

I agree about the statute of limitations. Every other crime but murder has one, even injury cases have one. These cases should have one as well.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

I think you missed the point, a witch may be a work of fantasy today, but it sure wasn't 500+ years ago when people believed in such people existing and did not have the understanding that we have today.

I can certainly understand what the OP is saying. In my line of work I'm finding it increasingly disturbing just how many crimes now need very little evidence to charge/prosecute/sentence.

My biggest fear is that knowing how the government works, and I honestly do have working knowledge rather than guessing based on hear say. My biggest fear is that these things tend to give way to new, more Draconian laws and you know this will be the case whenever politicians get involved.

I remember the Stephen Lawrence case, now the amount of facts left out by the media is incredible regarding the events surrounding Stepehen Lawrence, that's without the facts surrounding Stephen Lawrence as a person. However, the government used it to introduce Hate crime legislation, that basically give way to the idea that if a person PERCEIVES that another is being verbally abusive and/or physically based on race/religion etc then it can be considered a Hate Crime, which carried a greater sentence. However, that was just to erode freedom of speech, which has lead to now where you can be arrested for comments on the internet or arrested for saying anything that basically another could take offence to and so could be skewed in to being a Hate Crime. In addition any criticism against the then immigration open door policy by the shower of p**s Labour government was also quickly linked to being down to "racist" views and so thrown in as a Hate Crime. It was total BS, yet people only now realise this!

Now having worked/lived through that, I see very early clear indicators that flag up regarding certain cases that will be used to push forward further Draconian policies. Here we had seven initial accusations regarding Savile, before his death. I'm not interested in the several hundred who have decided to come out now to try and get some compo, the only ones needing to be investigated are those intial seven. However, Savile has been found guilty based on nothing evidence. Every single bit of it is circumstantial. Did he do it? Possibly, but without evidence, regardless who and how many are jumping on the compo train, you can't gain a conviction. However, as I said, it seems now you can, which scares me.

Coming from Police point of view, sweet, don't have to do much work these days, but I'm already seeing a police force falling apart, totally devoid of competency and filled with lazy officers, many of whom would not be able to solve a case if it fell on their lap. Many of whom are only in the position due to PC policies that put them there, but one thing for sure, the Met Police at least, is an F'ing mess that are only being kept from total collapse by the remaining 30+ years guys who are still leading the others, once they go, my advice, don't ever ever call them! Bottom line is, I just don't see any good coming from this.

I agree it is a witch hunt, but you need to look at why its happening and believe me it will be nothing as noble as protecting our children from future incidents!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Speaking of paedophiles, has anybody here watched Louis Theroux's documentary "A Place for Paedophiles"?

Louis visits the Coalinga Mental Hospital in California, which houses more than 500 convicted paedophiles. Spending time with those undergoing treatment, Louis wrestles with whether he can ever allow himself to believe men whose whole history is defined by deception and deceit.

BTW, Louis Theroux makes amazing documentaries.

List of Louis Theroux Documentaries

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by roblot

Thanks for posting that, I really enjoy documentaries, at least ones that are not rife with political slant

I will have a look at it when I get some time

Now that I have watched it, I have to say he seems like a decent documentaryist, if that is a word. I will be likely to check out other work he did.

edit on Tue, 13 Nov 2012 10:12:48 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join