It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan intelligence officials ‘missing’ in the United States

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Hopefully these two fellas get captured soon. Having highly trained intelligence officers roaming around probably isn't such a great idea. However, the article states that authorities believe they might be headed to Canada where asylum rules are more lax or just wanted to stay in the US a little longer.

My question is is how do you lose track of foreign intelligence officials from a nation we're at war with, you would think they would have been observed around the clock by authorities so this type of thing doesn't occur.

Source

On November 2, the Federal Bureau of Investigation announced that two highly trained Afghan intelligence officers had gone missing in the United States. IntelNews hears that American authorities are still looking for the two Afghans, who seem to have disappeared without trace. The two missing officers work for Afghanistan’s main domestic intelligence agency, the National Security Directorate (NDS), which was founded following the 2001 US invasion of Afghanistan and is mostly funded by Washington.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Well i didn't realize we're at war with Afghanistan. I'm guessing they probably want to stay a little longer or go to Canada. If i was them i wouldn't want to go back to that Stone Age country.

My cousin and his wife hosted a female Afghan exchange student a few years ago. She basically discovered what she'd been missing out on during her life. She had discovered education, horse back riding, tennis and realized you didn't need to cook over an open flame, among other things. When they took her and her sister to the aiirport for their flight home, they dropped them off. Then about a month later my cousin got an email from the girl, thanking them for everything and that they had received asylum in Canada.

I"m guessing those two guys are probably doing the same.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

"…two highly trained Afghan intelligence officers…"

Thank you for this disturbing info, Daedal. I have a few questions. I don't expect you to answer them, but I'm going to ask them to the world anyway.

1. Why were they here in the first place? (Not on holiday I'm guessing.)
2. Who granted them entry? (Somebody ok'd their 'mission' stateside. Who & why?)
3. What the heck do we have the 3-letter agencies for if they can't tail a couple of dudes who are basically spies from another country? (You know... the CIA, FBI, DHS. Did I miss any?)

The idiot lunatics running the asylum need to quit flying drones around and wire-tap spying on innocent US citizens, and start paying attention to keeping said citizens safe. Who are they working for again?
Oh yeah... you and me! WE pay their jacked-up salary. WE expect them to protect us instead of continually looking for new ways to indict us. Sheesh! *steps carefully off of soapbox and slides it under the desk for later *
edit on 11/11/2012 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here
reply to post by Daedal

Thank you for this disturbing info, Daedal. I have a few questions. I don't expect you to answer them, but I'm going to ask them to the world anyway.

2. Who granted them entry? (Somebody ok'd their 'mission' stateside. Who & why?)
3. What the heck do we have the 3-letter agencies for if they can't tail a couple of dudes who are basically spies from another country? (You know... the CIA, FBI, DHS. Did I miss any?)

The idiot lunatics running the asylum need to quit flying drones around and wire-tap spying on innocent US citizens, and start paying attention to keeping said citizens safe. Who are they working for again?
Oh yeah... you and me! WE pay their jacked-up salary. WE expect them to protect us instead of continually looking for new ways to indict us. Sheesh! *steps carefully off of soapbox and slides it under the desk for later *

They were here as part of a training program, as per the source article. Reading is fundamental.

They didn't show up for their flight back to AFG. I'm guessing they're in Canada now.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif

Originally posted by new_here
reply to post by Daedal

They were here as part of a training program, as per the source article. Reading is fundamental.

They didn't show up for their flight back to AFG. I'm guessing they're in Canada now.

LoL, busted... did not read article. But my #3 still stands! If the 3-Letter agencies can study us, they sure as heck can/should keep up with foreign spies!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

If that truly is the case, which it isn't, then you'd have sleeper cells looking for them.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
They discovered Hooters. That set them off on a spree.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

No... the problem is that:

1.) we are inundated by foreign intelligence.

2.) not all of that foreign intelligence is hostile.

3.) we can't tell which ones are hostile and which ones are friendly.

4.) we have civilian sleeper cells that were intended to support the Fed.

5.) Penguins from Antarctica.

6.) too much data and not enough actual intelligence/knowledge becomes a bitch.

7.) yarrrg.

= Less than Ideal.

top topics

join