It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was wondering why there is no pets forum

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Gentlemen and ladies, I was just wondering if it would be possible to have a forum specific to pets. Judging from the threads on pets I have read here during my tenure,it would seem that a majority of folks on here have a pet of one kind or another. I personally have a cat ,dog, and Tropical fish. I also have great expertise in tropical fish, having been a breeder for 47 years. I was thinking that if members had questions about their aquariums,perhaps I could be of some help to them.

The thought also crossed my mind that we may have some vetrenarians on the boards who could give some proper advice for members who have other pets.I think that a majority of people have either a cat or dog. Many folks have various reptiles as that hobby is growing nationwide. Certianlly there are many other creatures that are kept by folks.

I thought that perhaps as a service to members, it would be a good idea to have a pets forum. After all, if you have a pet don't you like to talk about it? Don't you often need advice from an expert on your pets care? I of course realize that this is a conspiracy site. However there are other forums here that deal with topics which are not involved with conspiracy.

This was just a request to consider my idea. I leave it up to you. Thanks for your time.LG

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Yo try the petsmart forum if you don't have any luck here.

www.topix.com...

Thats a big sword your Avatar is carrying..

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Cauliflower

I really don't want to have another forum to keep track of as most of my online time is spent here. I just thought that it would be a good idea to have a forum where members could perhaps share their stories about their pets and , if needed, get some advice on the care of their animals. As a long time fish hobbiest I thought that perhaps I would be able to share some of my expertise.

After all keeping tropical fish is one of the most popular hobbies in the world after photography. Nearly everyone I know has a cat or dog and would appreciate some advice on training or health care. I'm pretty sure there are some vets on this site who wouldn't mind dispencing a little advice from time to time.

As for the size of my sword.....It's not the size that's important.....it's what you do with it.

edit on 11/11/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

Why not post it in the General Chit Chat forum?

I don't see the need for a seperate forum here.

Or do you suggest a forum full of threads about how cute Fluffy is?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by WoodSpirit

That was not my point at all. Please read what I wrote and not just the thread title. I believe that I gave some valid reasons for having a pet forum. If you don't think my reasons are valid then you are entitled to your opinion. I tend to think that my reasons are valid and would benefit other members.

Perhaps pets are not your thing. That's fine with me. Not everyone has pets. However most folks do. Pet owners are the majority in the US if not around the world. If you have a pet sooner or later you will need advice.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I agree.

Nice

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WoodSpirit

Why not post it in the General Chit Chat forum?

I don't see the need for a seperate forum here.

Or do you suggest a forum full of threads about how cute Fluffy is?

And just what the heck is wrong with a thread about how cute fluffy is.
Signed HappyKat the KittyKat lover.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

There is nothing wrong with it, it's just not something that should be taking up valuable space on ATS.

There are a million other dedicated forums for that.

I am surely not trying to stand in the way of your kiity lovin or something, I love animals myself.
edit on 11-11-2012 by WoodSpirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by WoodSpirit

My post was more tongue in cheek than serious. I do actually follow "look at how cute my Fluffy is' sites for my kitty fix. The best is the www.icanhascheeseburger.com... site and its numerous sister sites.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
I also have great expertise in tropical fish, having been a breeder for 47 years.

So this fish is telling his buddy.
"I'm serious man.
Something weird is going on.
I think we're part of some genetic engineering program. "

His buddy says, "Stop talkin crazy and eat before the flakes get soggy."

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

I also have great expertise in tropical fish, having been a breeder for 47 years.

So this fish is telling his buddy.
"I'm serious man.
Something weird is going on.
I think we're part of some genetic engineering program. "

His buddy says, "Stop talkin crazy and eat before the flakes get soggy."

What do you call a fish with a missing eye????

Fshhhhhh

Sorry that's my fish joke. Probably a little better out loud.....eh

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Cauliflower

I really don't want to have another forum to keep track of as most of my online time is spent here. I just thought that it would be a good idea to have a forum where members could perhaps share their stories about their pets and , if needed, get some advice on the care of their animals. As a long time fish hobbiest I thought that perhaps I would be able to share some of my expertise.

After all keeping tropical fish is one of the most popular hobbies in the world after photography. Nearly everyone I know has a cat or dog and would appreciate some advice on training or health care. I'm pretty sure there are some vets on this site who wouldn't mind dispencing a little advice from time to time.

As for the size of my sword.....It's not the size that's important.....it's what you do with it.

I think I would want to know that a weapon that big is stored properly when not in use. Wow, it is a big one.

I agree a pet forum would be useful and not just for the reasons you mentioned. Threads such as "Kitty is an alien probe" "My dogs are acting strange, get ready, earthquake is coming" "My dog is a reptilian in disguise" all need a proper home.

Additionally, we need an area to look at pics of utter cuteness just to center ourselves after reading about the coming cataclysmic events that will, change, kill, awaken, put us to sleep, imprison us all at the same time.

Yay to a pet forum. Perhaps a cross link to the reptilian forum cause we like all animals.

P

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Thanks for the joke. That's a good one.

Just wondering, What do you think about a forum for pets?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

You guy's are cracking me up.

So what do you thiunk about a pets forum?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I think a pet forum would be a good idea! I have 2 cats...and love pet stories !

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

What does it have to do with "denying ignorance" and the types of subjects there is on this site?.
Edit: You're right, I'm stupid, I never hang out in the forums. I didn't even know there was so many subjects. Sorry!
edit on 11-11-2012 by sebHFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
OP YES I definitely like the idea of a pets forum here

reply to post by sebHFX

BTS (below) is the lighter side of ATS. Got to have some balance ya know?

I see you recanted.... posting anyway

edit on 11-11-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Excellent idea, I just recently set up a Africa cichlid tank, and I am a newbie.

I come to this site often, it would be cool to be able to ask questions from folks like you who have experience.
thus could save me from joining another site with a new user name and password to remember.

edit on 11-11-2012 by Sippy Cup because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sebHFX

Glad that you have discovered just how many forums are actually here.I think there is room for one more. Especially because there are so many people who have pet's.

Jeez imagine the income from all the pet product ads.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sippy Cup

Please feel free to ask me anytime. I'm always glad to help.Africans are my specialty.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join