It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another One Bites the Dust- Lockheed Martin ousts CEO-to-be

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Lockheed Martin has ousted its president and future CEO over a relationship with a subordinate.

It could seem, as we approach the end of the 'dooms day Mayan calendar', everybody is scrambling to come out in the open and score that final 'roll in the hay' with the one they've always secretly admired.
Even if it means risking the elite position, pay, and benefits you are about to inherit.
I just don't get it.

Kidding aside, this doesn't even look extra-marital, or done while on the clock.

Lockheed Martin says an ethics investigation confirmed that he had a close personal relationship with a subordinate employee. That violates the company's code of ethics and business conduct.

Kubasik joins a roster of high-ranking executives who have exited their posts in recent years over the fallout from ill-advised relationships.

You would think these guys would learn to keep their junk in their trunks and focus on making stuff that blows other people up, where are their ethics? (rhetorical)

Are these guys that desperate, or is there some conspiracy to pay off a chosen female colleague to seduce and destroy?
A link to Benghazi?
Oh the drama continues.

Mark Hurd resigned from his post as CEO of Hewlett-Packard Co. in 2010, a few weeks after the company launched a probe into allegations that he sexually harassed a former marketing contractor. The investigation uncovered no merits to the claims, however it was discovered through the course of the probe that Hurd falsified some reports to disguise expenses he incurred for meals and travel with the woman. Meanwhile, news broke Friday that CIA Director David Petraeus had resigned over an extramarital affair.

Among them, former Best Buy CEO Brian Dunn, who resigned from the retailer in April after an investigation found he violated company policy by having an inappropriate relationship with a female employee.

Source
edit on 11-11-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

Though not without significance, these instances are over shadowing the real story that has been passed over by the MSM but mentioned and debated on the forums substantially, the layoffs and cutbacks that effect the every day worker.

For every CEO that wants to chase his secretary around the desk and step down as a result of its exposure, hundreds and thousands of employees are losing their jobs or being "restructured".

To return back to the news at hand, this will definitely shake up the corporate structure of this large company, but its the game these people play in these positions.

Perhaps if he had focused on work more, instead of chasing tail, some of the lower leveled functionaries would not be losing their jobs.

edit on 11-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

Perhaps if he had focused on work more, instead of chasing tail, some of the lower leveled functionaries would not be losing their jobs.

Agreed, or conversely, potentially provide opportunity for a lower leveled promotion.

Lockheed Martin's board elected the executive vice president of its electronics systems business to take Kubasik's role. Marillyn A. Hewson, 58, will be president, chief operating officer and a director. She takes over as CEO in January. Hewson joined the company in 1983. She will also keep her current role in the electronics systems business until the end of this year.

edit on 11-11-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewulph

It could seem, as we approach the end of the [color=C2FF9E]fear-mongering gullible's inaccurate translation which claims that there is some sort of a 'dooms day Mayan calendar',
I fixed the typo for you.

Originally posted by Lonewulph

everybody is scrambling to come out in the open and score that final roll-in-the-hay with the one they've always secretly admired.
Even if it means risking the elite position, pay, and benefits.....
I seriously doubt that. The fact that it may seem as if more people are getting caught, is no sign whatsoever that there are more affairs being committed. It is no secret that over the years, there have been many old rich guys in powerful positions, who were banging their secretary.

[color=E0B5AA]Sometimes, the quickest and simplest way to climb up the corporate ladder, is by doing so whilst on your knees.

edit on 11/11/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

My thoughts exactly, I should have included that in parentheses.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

That certainly seems plausible.

Also

arillyn A. Hewson, 58, will be president, chief operating officer and a director. She takes over as CEO in January. Hewson joined the company in 1983. She will also keep her current role in the electronics systems business until the end of this year.

I can only imagine what her salary is going to be with that many titles....

It appears as if they have turned the corporate pyramid from:
x
xxx
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

to

x
xxx
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxx

Sorry, x's were a quick way to illustrate my point

Edit: Looks like my pyramids wont show up in the post due to formatting issues, but i think they still illustrate what i am trying to get across.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Hilarious, I wonder who will be chasing her around the desk for a shot at one of those titles.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

For future reference:

Originally posted by MDDoxs

Edit: Looks like my pyramids wont show up in the post due to formatting issues, but i think they still illustrate what i am trying to get across.

"It appears as if they have turned the corporate pyramid....."

x
xxx
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

to:

x
xxx
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxx

It may be better to just quote my post, and look at how I did that↑,

but this↓ is all you really needed.
[align=center] Text Here [/align]

↑↑ will look like.......................................

Text Here

*I also made it slightly larger.

edit on 11/11/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

top topics

join