It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fourth Turning. (History Really Does Repeat Itself)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
We are now ruled by a looter government. Fifty to seventy years of banality await us until something truly awful catches us sleeping and finally brings it all crashing down.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Subsonic

It's going to be a long, strange trip my friends, buckle up, and be prepared...

Considering you wrote this in 2012, I think your deduction has come true, and then some.

I've been interested in 60-year cycles for a while. Kondratiev Cycles are a close match. Yes, it does seem that society goes through regular convulsions. I suspect it has something to do with older generations dying off and the upheaval that follows.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Ecclesiastes 1:9,10:

9 What has been is what will be,

And what has been done will be done again;

There is nothing new under the sun.

10 Is there anything of which one may say, “Look at this—it is new”?

It already existed from long ago;

It already existed before our time.

A brief overview of history and related Bible prophecy:

Here's another repeating pattern in human behaviour, especially when it comes to politics and religion (including scientism):

“For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome* [Or “healthful; beneficial.”] teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.* [Or “to tell them what they want to hear.”] They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.” (2 Timothy 4:3,4)

“So we should no longer be children, tossed about as by waves and carried here and there by every wind of teaching by means of the trickery of men, by means of cunning in deceptive schemes.” (Ephesians 4:14)

For example this deceptive scheme posing as "science" (coming from the clergy of scientism, and believed by the flock):

The Pagan Religious Roots of Evolutionary Philosophies and Philosophical Naturalism (part 1 of 2; playlist)

originally posted by: Subsonic
1776 - American Revolution
1861 - American Civil War
1941 - America Enters World War II

I guess counting WW I didn't fit into the argument.

... They sift the facts, exploiting the useful ones and concealing the others. ...

Source: article linked in my signature

1950 - America Enters the Korean War
1965 - America Enters the Vietnam War
etc.

What makes America entering WW II so much different than America entering WW I? Other than the timing not fitting the argument. WW I caused America to become a bigger player than the British Empire, and the dominant part of the Anglo-American empire; referring to your "times that have made our country and our people what we are". Why only count entering WW II, when entering the Vietnam War, after some time, caused more "upheaval" (your word) at home than both world wars together?

Protests and Demonstrations—Can They Change the World? (Awake!—1993)

originally posted by: Subsonic
Every human generation experiences a time of trauma at some point in their lives, and guess what? We're about due...80 years from the last major upheaval is...

Surely you don't think the US is the only country in the world? Does your logic hold up for other countries as well (seeing your argument above is described as counting for "every human generation", surely the rest of the world is also "human")?

1562 - French Civil War (a.k.a. French Wars of Religion)
1756 - Seven Years' War
1778 - Anglo-French War
1789 - French Revolution
1914 - France Enters WW I
1939 - France Enters WW II

Of course, there are too many wars for me to list, can't do them all. Back to looking through your American lens:

American Revolutionary War: 6,800 dead in battle
Vietnam War: 58,281 dead (47,434 from combat)

In case you wanted to go with: 'but we didn't lose that many soldier lives in WW I as compared to WW II', in response to the earlier question.
edit on 14-10-2021 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

1918 - Spanish Flu doesn't fit into his argument either.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join