It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Israel fires 'warning shots' at Syria over Golan Heights mortar strike

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This just in.

Israel is ready to stomp any terrorist attacks coming from Syria.

Minister: We'll Hit Them Till They Say 'Enough'

Minister Moshe Yaalon (Likud) said Sunday that Israel does not intend to maintain restraint in the face of the intense rocket attacks from Gaza.

"If the terror organizations do not cease their fire we will be prepared to toughen our response as much as necessary, until they say 'enough!'," he said.

"There is a complicated war here, and in the end we will finish it," he said. "This is not a one-off move. But we will put an end to it. We do not intend to maintain restraint because the situation is unbearable for us."

"We will bring quiet to the south even if it takes some time," he said. "Hamas's leadership will not get off scot free and as far as we are concerned, the most extreme options are possible."

Channel 2's political reporter quoted unnamed senior sources in Jerusalem Sunday who said that a ground operation like Cast Lead is not possible because Israel "does not have legitimacy" to act against Gaza as long as relatively few Israelis are killed and wounded by the terrorists. He added that Mohammed Morsi's election in Egypt and Barack Obama's re-election in the U.S. also make the situation more difficult for Israel.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Isreali policy has seldom wavered from measured response out of proportion to the initial incident......
Escalation is their ace in the hole......(and i believe they are always ready to escalate right up to the Sampson Option if they feel it justified.)
Being the tough guy on the block, they have a certain beligerance about them ....
As i reiterated in the Jeep thread......these anti tank weapons may be a key element in the next full out conflict,...and shoulder fired anti aircraft weapons would also be a major developement in large or even moderate numbers.....
Isreal will never give the Golan back to Syria....So just forget it Assad......non starter.....
One thing does puzzle me as well about the standoff in general......and that is....What does Assad have for chemical,/biological missile warheads??????how many Missiles???
What kind of range missiles would it take to get from somewhere Syria, to Tel Aviv?
This part of the puzzle must have Mossad working seven days a week.....
But ive got a feeling well find out soon enough......

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
This just in.

Israel is ready to stomp any terrorist attacks coming from Syria.

Minister: We'll Hit Them Till They Say 'Enough'

Minister Moshe Yaalon (Likud) said Sunday that Israel does not intend to maintain restraint in the face of the intense rocket attacks from Gaza.

"If the terror organizations do not cease their fire we will be prepared to toughen our response as much as necessary, until they say 'enough!'," he said.

"There is a complicated war here, and in the end we will finish it," he said. "This is not a one-off move. But we will put an end to it. We do not intend to maintain restraint because the situation is unbearable for us."

"We will bring quiet to the south even if it takes some time," he said. "Hamas's leadership will not get off scot free and as far as we are concerned, the most extreme options are possible."

Channel 2's political reporter quoted unnamed senior sources in Jerusalem Sunday who said that a ground operation like Cast Lead is not possible because Israel "does not have legitimacy" to act against Gaza as long as relatively few Israelis are killed and wounded by the terrorists. He added that Mohammed Morsi's election in Egypt and Barack Obama's re-election in the U.S. also make the situation more difficult for Israel.

Some pretty serious language in that statement:

"We do not intend to maintain restraint..."

"... the most extreme options are possible."

They seem to be talking about rocket attacks from Gaza, though, not Syria.

Either way, sounds like they've had enough and may be preparing for serious actions.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

If Israel annexed the Golan Heights why didn't they just destroy the 3 Syrian tanks? That is usually what a nation would do when unauthorized military units enter their territory.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
IDF need some time to adjust from fighting children

www.ynetnews.com...

to fighting Syrian rebels

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
false flag to get involved??

are they securing Mount Hermon??

right on que for 211212

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
When the 3 tanks entered Israel filed a formal complaint to the UN Secrity counccil but that was it. Even after the tanks remained. Im sure the US was restraining Israel. Well it looks liek Israel is drawing a line.

Syria though did tel the UN they would refrain form any futher fire into Israel.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by diddy1234

I agree, America is Israel's bitch. I also agree with America want be the "worlds police" in ten years. At the rate the worlds heading downward, their want be anybody left to police in ten years. We can all stop imagining and wishing for no war in the middle east. As long as Israel has the power they have, there will be no peace in the middle east. There's gonna be a war. A big war. A war of multiple nations.

That's not a prediction.It's just logical thinking. What 's there that say's there want be a war in the middle east? Nothing.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by diddy1234
israel will do what ever it wants. when it wants...... with americas blessing.

the only problem with this logic is that aa long as america is big and strong then Israel can afford to bully other countries.

wirhin the next 10 years america will no longer be the worlds police force (sorry if that upsets anyone) and then israel will have to change its bully tactics.

maybe thats why Israel wants to wipe out Iran sooner rather than later.

thats just my british pompus ass view though and hope im wrong

Israel has been planning counter attacks for 40 years, thats what they train for and they are more than equiped, they are more than capable of taking care of themselves from most fronts... forget america, question is, when the infection spreads, what will Turkey do?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The analysis of this entire situation is ridiculous. There should be no argument against Israel’s warning shot; it was more than justified, regardless of how you feel about them. That should be the end of discussion about that. However, as per usual, everyone gets wrapped up between supporting Israel or ‘the other side’. How is this different than solely supporting Republicans or Democrats? Capitalism or Communism? Or any other dichotomous paradigm in which were limited to. I expect more out of ATS, yet maybe I shouldn’t. Obviously there needs to be a depth of analysis in the situation because it is not exactly a simplistic matter, but perhaps that is asking too much of people who are supposedly well informed, objective, and after the truth.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Banananananana

you can say that....thats a sane comment...but also naive

as... i was waiting for them to get involved in syria...
and...i was waiting for a false flag....

and i knew this would happen before december!

its in their religion to secure mount hermon......

BTW for a week there have been scatter bombs, landing in syria...who can that be

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Naive? Hardly. Though, I would extend that idea to your post, as you seem to opine towards Israeli singularity. That in itself is exactly the matter I was speaking of. Israel has a very special role in the end times, as does Islam; both of which are not incredibly divergent. But who am I to point this out? In this world it’s all or nothing, go ahead and throw the baby out with the bath.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

THE UN LMAO we should toss those baztards out of the USA and stop contibuting a penny, period end of story. Move the damn thing to LIBYA

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

i understand your concern

but the fact is...only isreal has a war interest....everyone elses loses "things" during war...isreal gains.

as you rightfully said...anything they will do will get criticised.....what i say to that is

welcome to the real world....they have a state now...they are like the rest of us....- do we get sympathy??
the ww2 hitler rhetoric where they are "afraid"...doesnt work...they have one of the strongest armies in the region

just look at turkey....they also cant do anthing right...

peace

noone is ciricising isreal....they are being seen as a "real" country....and this criticism can be applied to any nation state...

this is evolution..they should be happy that people address them as a legitmate state....even if they havent chosen their borders yet

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Look, I don’t support Israel, nor do I support any other state or fragmentations therein. I don’t care about them, or anyone else being criticized, I simply want the criticism to be justified and logical. Knee-jerk reactions and swayed opinions help no one but those pulling the strings. And to say that only Israel has a war interest, well, you’ve got to be kidding me. No one on this earth, individually or collectively, is innocent. We have all transgressed, and these transgressions will persist; but to back ANY state in its supposed justification is not only fallacious to rationalism, it is a bonding to human limitations, flaws, and biases.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Trueman

No matter what action Israel takes it will be seen as the wrong one.

They chose to fire a warning shot. They didn't hit a military or political site. [Which is well within their capabilities] instead they fired and very publicly proclaimed it. Unlike some who'll hide in the shadows.

You stumbled up on the truth; the Golan is occupied land and it belongs to Syria.

On the matter of alleges shells landing in the Golan, nothing Israel does will be right. It cannot even complain about it in any international forum.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolieno99
IDF need some time to adjust from fighting children

www.ynetnews.com...

to fighting Syrian rebels

Interesting that they give the Roman salute.

The Romans had a long history in Syria.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
To be fair, Israel have every right to retaliate (just as the Turks did) if shells, etc land in their territory, but the mortar shells landed in SYRIAN territory. The Golan heights are still internationally recognised as Syrian territory.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

i understand your concern

but the fact is...only isreal has a war interest....everyone elses loses "things" during war...isreal gains.

as you rightfully said...anything they will do will get criticised.....what i say to that is

welcome to the real world....they have a state now...they are like the rest of us....- do we get sympathy??
the ww2 hitler rhetoric where they are "afraid"...doesnt work...they have one of the strongest armies in the region

just look at turkey....they also cant do anthing right...

peace

noone is ciricising isreal....they are being seen as a "real" country....and this criticism can be applied to any nation state...

this is evolution..they should be happy that people address them as a legitmate state....even if they havent chosen their borders yet

This, the US and UK gets criticized alot....ok the US & UK likes to "promote democracy" around the ME a little but you get my drift.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join