BREAKING: Israel fires 'warning shots' at Syria over Golan Heights mortar strike

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

Can you say you take a objective approach and remained unbiased with events that occur involving Israel. With a name like IsraeliGuy, i think you have positioned yourself to Bias right from the get go.

Are you ability to critically examine the blatant destructive of Palestinian homes and justify the action of the Israeli government?

I do try and remain as unbiased as possible, but I will not deny historical fact and mountains and mountains of anecdotal evidence.

I do not want to misrepresent anyone, which as per my post above, I am the first to admit i do not know everything and I do not have the answers.

Everything we discuss is conjecture and inference.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Israel was right to fire only warning shots in retaliation.

The ones who want Israel to be drawn into the conflict DESPERATELY are the HumanSLayer Assad and his backer - apostate led Persia.

Nothing like the use of 'jews' to stir foolish and ignorant worldwide muslim pride to support the evil of the regime and Persia, instead of TRUE Islam as being fought by the rebels whom had watched an est. 36,000 muslims SLAUGHTERED by the regime and the persian apostate leader in Iran.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
Can you say you take a objective approach and remained unbiased with events that occur involving Israel.

Why the hell are you asking this of another member when you yourself cant?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

This seems to be a universal problem in the ME. Not Just Israel but Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia,Yemen, Libya and Egypt etc etc etc

Slayer i would say that is a fair point. Everything is a matter of perspective and who is telling the story.

I just dont know anymore. I just want the violence to stop.

I dont want to read about a Palestinian family buried in their home, or burned alive with phosphorus munitions.
I dont want to see Israeli innocents being harmed in retaliation.
I dont want to have conflict in discussing the topic of Israel
I dont want ..
i dont want..

I could go on forever.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Can you say you take a objective approach and remained unbiased with events that occur involving Israel.

Why the hell are you asking this of another member when you yourself cant?

Why are you getting hostile? You mad bro?

I am capable of remaining unbiased. Who are you to claim I cant?

When presented with a topic I look into and present a point of view, I have never claimed it to be correct and have never denied opposing opinions.

It is you that refuse to hear anything but your own side.....

Why has this conversation degenerated so quickly as soon as you enter the fray.? Brutal man.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Can you say you take a objective approach and remained unbiased with events that occur involving Israel. With a name like IsraeliGuy, i think you have positioned yourself to Bias right from the get go.

I don't think I even need to ask the same question myself, but.. Can you? You obviously can't.

I never claimed to be completely unbiased. I do have the ability to see what's right or wrong and to look beyond the fact that news agencies have agendas, be it Israeli, American, Iranian, Russian etc.

The fact you hint that with a name like mine you can't possibly be biased is simply ridiculous. So no Israeli can ever be unbiased just because he's an Israeli? Does that logic hold for Palestinians as well? What about Syrians? Or Americans? Russians? Iranians?
What a pitiful approach.

Are you ability to critically examine the blatant destructive of Palestinian homes and justify the action of the Israeli government?

There are numerous reasons for the demolishing of homes and I will love to go through them and debate it with you in the appropriate thread. Feel free to open one right now if you feel like it. I'm not one to fall for the offtopic trap - next thing you know we'll be debating Gaza in a thread about the Golan heights, I'll have to reply to 5 different people at once, and that I don't like.

Regardless, the fact you are so sure there's no reason for the bulldozing of houses other than to be an evil conquering force, shows how much you care for really looking at both sides of the story. Hint - you really don't, and I wasn't one to be fooled that you actually do.

I do try and remain as unbiased as possible, but I will not deny historical fact and mountains and mountains of anecdotal evidence.

There are mountains of evidence for just about anything to put either side in the completely wrong spotlight. People who consider themselves unbiased tend to remember that.

I do not want to misrepresent anyone, which as per my post above, I am the first to admit i do not know everything and I do not have the answers.

People who don't have the answers basically don't set their opinions so harshly against one side of the conflict. But yeah, have I mentioned I am never fooled by people who claim to be "unbiased" and "interesting in both sides of the story"?
edit on 11-11-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Slayer i would say that is a fair point. Everything is a matter of perspective and who is telling the story.

I just dont know anymore. I just want the violence to stop.

I dont want to read about a Palestinian family buried in their home, or burned alive with phosphorus munitions.
I dont want to see Israeli innocents being harmed in retaliation.
I dont want to have conflict in discussing the topic of Israel
I dont want ..
i dont want..

I could go on forever.

Yet none of that mentions what's taking place in Syria {You know where those mortar rounds came from} and the real topic of this thread.

Doesn't mention Syria
Doesn't mention Assad's army shelling his own people
Doesn't mention Assad's air-force strafing and bombing his own people
Doesn't mention Assad's army attacking neighborhoods and villages simply because they are on the wrong side of the conflict

Doesn't mention
Doesn't mention

See the pattern?
edit on 11-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I dont know what else to say.

I have been driven off topic and feel completely misunderstood.

Congratulations Slayer.

I respectfully bow out from the conversation as i feel I will just be attacked further.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Better a warning shot than an out all assault.

Kinda makes me think that somebody is trying to provoke Israel into getting involved so it turns into a Syria vs Israel instead of a Syrian vs Syrian story.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I respectfully bow out from the conversation as i feel I will just be attacked further.

Oh, Stop it

You're not a victim here. You made some statements and simply have been unable to refute your own intentions is all.

You were happy to point out earlier that Israel was acting hypocritical in your opinion with your opening post then admitted you weren't objective about Israel yourself and now on this page you have tried to ask another member if they could be objective. Now, where the hell is the logic in asking such a question?

Meanwhile, I haven't read yet how you feel about the mortar rounds coming from Syria hitting Israel that caused Israel to fire some "Warning shots"
edit on 11-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Kinda makes me think that somebody is trying to provoke Israel into getting involved so it turns into a Syria vs Israel instead of a Syrian vs Syrian story.

You wouldn't be too wrong.
It wouldn't be the first time that an Arab nation uses Israel as a tool to unite it's people.

If weapons and casualties weren't involved in these stories, they'd be funny.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by MDDoxs

Well you stated the obvious, and proved my point, Israel shouldn't be there, but they are there,

I wish everyone in the ME would just love one-another, but that aint gonna happen.

The only place the majority of peeps on this planet would want Israel/Jews is,

GONE
edit on 103030p://bSunday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)
edit on 103030p://bSunday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

Not so...

You're missing the fundamental difference between a Zionist Israel, and Jews.

Israel is not a Jewish state...it's a Zionist state, despite what the Israeli government propaganda machine spews out.

Big difference...and one that real Jews around the world know only too well. They too are waking up and condemning Israel and it's terrorism around the world...even ordinary Israelis are increasingly on the march protesting the inhumane and facist antics of the nutjobs in control of that strip of land in the desert.

They've had enough...what they are seeing being done in their name, they have seen before...in 1940's Europe.

It's a state of affairs that Jews around the world had hoped never to live through again, yet the ultimate irony is that Israel is and has been demonstrating exactly the same murderous fascism that almost wiped out the Jews, only this time the victims are Arabs, not Jews and the perps are Zionist Israelis, not Germanic Nazis.

Everytime you see a dead child, murdered with an Israeli bullet...Americans and i'm ashamed to say my own people in the UK can feel 'proud', that bullet was bought and paid for by $'and £'s given by deluded and hoodwinked donors.

Don't take my word for it..the proof is available all over the net.

As for firing a warning shot into Syria, they've put a lot more into Syria than a single shell that's for certain...most of what Israel and it's allies have put into Syria are running about murdering each other as i type...and Israel will most certainly be loving it.

And no, i wouldn't want a nuke or any other WMD landing on Israel...there are innocents there too...now, if the place was empty except for the murdering nutjobs running the place...that would be a different story.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter

Originally posted by Shenon
And here is another clue:

Aren´t UN-Forces currently responsible for the "Protection" of the Golan Heights? Why did they allow "Syrian Tanks" to enter the Area? Aren´t they there to prevent such things?

edit on 11-11-2012 by Shenon because: (no reason given)

Israel is actually responsible for protection of the Golan. This is part of Israel, annexed during the Six Day War. UN observes, that's all

Ah,okay.Thanks for the clarification. Still,i find it odd that those "Observers" keep their Mouths shut as to what happens over there...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Then allow me to recollect my thoughts and position.

The recent incident of Syrian shells being launched into Golan Heights is of great interest considering this historical significance of this area.

Israel's decision to conduct a warning shot seems appropriate, but as per the original article the intentions of Syrian forces remain unclear.

As detailed by the original article and historical reference, the Golan heights has been subject to much in the way of conflict and debate. Originally the heights were used to bomb Israeli positions until its annexation in the six day war.

The Golan heights represent a strategic military position as well as a source of 15% of Israel's water.

As per my first post in this thread, I feel this represents a degeneration of current environment and hope this incident does not provoke further conflict.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Isreal is evil for returning fire ?

That is even the US rules of engagement do not fire unless fired upon, and Isreal returned fire as in a warning shot.

Those in the Golan heights fired in order to take life:

And Isreal is the bad guy?

BLAH

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Then allow me to recollect my thoughts and position.

Fair enough

The recent incident of Syrian shells being launched into Golan Heights is of great interest considering this historical significance of this area.

Yes, it is.
Also, the history of all involved and the consequences of their actions as well.

Israel's decision to conduct a warning shot seems appropriate, but as per the original article the intentions of Syrian forces remain unclear.

This is a valid observation.
I concur.

As detailed by the original article and historical reference, the Golan heights has been subject to much in the way of conflict and debate

True.

Originally the heights were used to bomb Israeli positions until its annexation in the six day war.

Which is well known among those who have studied the history of the region. Syrian actions of shelling Israel had to stop.

The Golan heights represent a strategic military position as well as a source of 15% of Israel's water.

Are you saying the recent shelling is over water? If not, why bring it up?

As per my first post in this thread, I feel this represents a degeneration of current environment and hope this incident does not provoke further conflict.

Agreed.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Thank you for the reply and allow me to present you with my reevaluated post

Are you saying the recent shelling is over water? If not, why bring it up?

I bring it up because of the importance of such a resource in this area of the world. I believe it is just an important note to make to understand the importance of the region.

Not that this had any bearing on the incident at hand, but one can understand the Israeli response with this in mind, coupled with the desire to protect its military base and citizens.

I was under the impression that water is almost as valuable as oil in this part of the world. This significance seemed appropriate to mention.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Well well, where were all of you self righteous Israel's critics when Turkey open fired on Syria in retaliation just a few weeks ago? Or how Turkey treats the Kurd, occupys half of Cyprus and annexed parts of Syria ?
Yeah I get it, it's all a Zionist plot.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational
Well well, where were all of you self righteous Israel's critics when Turkey open fired on Syria in retaliation just a few weeks ago? Or how Turkey treats the Kurd, occupys half of Cyprus and annexed parts of Syria ?
Yeah I get it, it's all a Zionist plot.

OH!
I forgot about that, so glad you didn't.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
edit on 11-11-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join