It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Worlds End

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by On the Edge

Seems like every time you show up, which is to far and in between, you always make a serious impact. Just a single example of a man knowing the love of Christ. I'd say singing while burning to death constitutes nothing short of a miracle. Even Buddhist monks can only remain silent which most likely gets a little easier after they inhale the flames.

It's harder to sit perfectly still, without flinching or screaming, than it is to mask your pain with song.

How do you know ? I'd like to here you sing while sucking down flames.

I rest my case.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

You seem to be implying that only Christians are doing kind and charitable acts while the rest of world is persecuting them for it. In the meantime, the charitable contribution of atheists are considered hubris and laced with arrogant pride.

I seem to imply ? You're so full of crap winword. How about you assumed that I implied purposefuilly so you can dog my thread cause you hate Christians. Go away. O r be ignored.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

What decade are you in?

Opps my bad !

That's what happens when you make thread under sleep deprivation. But you know who I meant. Apologies.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by randyvs

I don't know what words to use, but I have to say something. That was a powerfully moving statement of truth, hope and courage. I didn't think I'd see anything like it on ATS. You have shown us the way to die, and we have met our executioners, or perhaps, just their cousins.

You've added a seriousness and reality to life with just a few words. I wish I could say more. I hope you can read my heart.

Thank you.

My Lord in Heaven................ You understand me ! You and Komo really do get it.

No way, Thank YOU Charles !

I don't have to even reply to anyone else now. Doesn't mean I won't. Out of all my threads no one ever gets my underlying message like you just did. Happy Happy...........

edit on 12-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

You seem to be implying that only Christians are doing kind and charitable acts while the rest of world is persecuting them for it. In the meantime, the charitable contribution of atheists are considered hubris and laced with arrogant pride.

I seem to imply ? You're so full of crap winword. How about you assumed that I implied purposefuilly so you can dog my thread cause you hate Christians. Go away. O r be ignored.

From your OP (again).

There are literally hundreds of Christian volunteers ready to pitch in and see that everyone left homeless by Sandy receives a plate of food on Thanks Giving Day. So once again we see the Christian network is in full swing bringing the compassion of our Lord Jesus Christ to those less fortunate. Barely mentioning where you can donate to help them, help those, who need our help. Yes, those pesky, overbearing, arrogant, zealous Christian hypocrites are at it again.

While Atheists point fingers in judgement at them, proclaiming them to be murderers and warmongers. Or misguided zombies who worship a non existent, narcissistic, homicidal, jealous, evil, invisible ole man, who likes spaghetti.

Yes, okay, so you have "purposefully" implied that only Christians are capable of charitable acts, and that only your God is behind any acts of charity. You assert that because you believe that altruism isn't innate in mankind, there are no other acts of charity other than those ordained by the Christian God. There is no good man, but a Christian man?

You have grouped all non-believers into one immoral box and accused anyone non-Christian of persecuting you poor Christians.

So you can see prophecy being fulfilled as this world will soon become far more brutal in it's persecution of a kind and caring people. Indeed the way I speak out on these boards, their are many here among us, who may get their wish and see me no more, after myself being black bagged and taken out behind the paint shed and shot.

WTH Drama King? Is this some kind of wishful thinking on your part, a self realizing prophecy of your martyred demise at the hands of atheists? Do you really think that your words are so powerful that we (ATS non-Christians) want to kill you for them?

Here, allow me to help you. I'll hold the reins, while you dismount from that high horse you're on.

PS: Providing a Thanksgiving dinner for hurricane victims is a far cry from feeding the poor.

edit on 12-11-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadLights
reply to post by justwokeup

I think the problem muslims have is "christian" elites tricking their leaders into putting us military bases on their lands. Running them off to plant jews right in their holy lands. Decieving them out of their profits for oil. Claiming that rival tribes are in league with hated religious zealots.

Yes I see it clearly now. Saddam invading kuwait cause we told him he could so that we could find an excuse to invade iraq the first time.

throwing babies in the air and catching them with pitch forks? Yeah uh huh....

Do I need to go on?

I believe that was covered under the "100 years of meddling and imperialism bit" of my post. Its the blending of religious zealotry with an element of valid political and economic beef thats so dangerous.

You can resolve the political and economic issues with dialogue, when religion enters the equation it ceases to be peacefully resolvable (or at least orders of magnitude harder). Why compromise when the creator of the universe is on your team?

Thats why middle east issues havent been resolved and why they wont be without cataclysmic loss of life.
edit on 12-11-2012 by justwokeup because: typo

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

You can resolve the political and economic issues with dialogue, when religion enters the equation it ceases to be peacefully resolvable (or at least orders of magnitude harder). Why compromise when the creator of the universe is on your team?

Thats why middle east issues havent been resolved and why they wont be without cataclysmic loss of life.

AMEN! AMEN!

So true!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hey Randy...

Well... I can respect each point of view.... of which most people cannot do as they are always right and the other person is wrong.

So..... we have been lied to for thousands of years but the Bible and the way it is taught is correct?

Nahhhh.... sorry, but I don't believe that. You can... anyone can.... I don't though.

Religion is a divider.

Christians are not the only charitable people. That is a pretty narrow assumption if you ask me.

Do you think people who give their time at the Red Cross are only Christians? I don't.

I hope one day in the near future we will stop creating divisions and start looking for ways to unite. That was Jesus message and he sure didn't create a religion. The "liars" did.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Christians are not the only charitable people

Maybe that's why I never said that. What 's wrong with you people who read what ever you want to whether the words are there or not ? I don't get it. Talk about ignorance.
Pretty damned insulting suggesting that i would ever say such a thing too.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well, sorry if I'm wrong, but, that's what your OP, and ensuing arguments seem to espouse. Your denial of altruism in both the "wild" and human animal kingdom, especially reinforces the perception of you opinion.

Is your OP just an attempt to display a world of doom and gloom, with no hope of affect, to intimidate and scare unbelievers into Christian like submission? It sure seems so.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Perhaps you should traduce from a different angle Win. One that makes look less ignorant.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

How about you expound on that angle, and explain to me where it is that you're being misunderstood, in the spirit of debate, rather than trying to have the last word and end the discussion altogether by calling me ignorant.

The last man standing in an ignorant argument is arguably the most ignorant.

edit on 12-11-2012 by windword because: spelling

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Do you stand while you type ? Sorry but there is no arguing ignorance..
You can have the last shot in your little game.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Randy... even if you lose your faith youve still got people here who plan to be around a good while. The worlds not ending my friend and im sorry for all the time youve wasted on this delusion, im sure you ment well.

Lets us all recognize this for the tantrum it is.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Lets us all recognize this for the tantrum it is.

I love the smell of fresh ignorance in the morning.

Always the same Godless people with their lonely rebellious attitudes towards common decency.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

And by the way, why do you have King Tutankhamun as your avatar? Just curious.

This is the only part of your response I found worth a retort.

What the hell does my interest in the ancient world have anything to do with this thread ? Or what I believe for that matter. If it makes you feel better I can change it up all special for you !

I got to play that again.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This thread has gotten very unmannerly and contentious over the past several days. I'm closing it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join