It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Market crash decided on soon

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
What people don't realize is that before the crash of 1929, few people knew in
advance and told few of the upper middle class members, who then told
few middle class members

sort of like even the Elite, have few friends in class below, and that is how
information reaches even some of the poor.

And now because of internet, the poor have way more access to information
than ever, (its about time the poor have something going for them)

We are gonna have a repeat of stock crash of 1929

Right now meetings are held to find out if they will crash it coming week.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Is the NWO getting ready to play this card?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

...so which one of the elites told you about this plan? Or did you do your own research and this is your own perception of what is coming?

Care to elaborate?
edit on 11-11-2012 by 3Dplus because: add quote

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
That might have been the case in 1929 but that's not the case now.

If you are referring to the NYSE dropping 300+ points after the election, it's all drama.

Big investors are literally drama queens. Funny thing is, that mentality will actually make them more money.

If you actually believe what you write, the big investors would lose the most on a crash. They won't let that happen so your argument is moot.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I would not rule out a market crash in 2012 at all, although by no means is it inevitable in my opinion. Looking back on the crash of 29', there was not just one cause, but several. Increased tariffs on imported goods caused some to lose their jobs as trade was slowed significantly. Britain leaving the gold standard around that time also scared some people. Around this time there was also a mass rise in "consumerism," as new inventions found their way to the market. What were sometimes considered "luxury" goods at the time are things we take for granted today.

This rise in consumers purchasing goods led to many instances of credit being extended. People were investing relatively heavily in the stock market, mainly due to the ingenuity, or cruelty, of investment bankers, depending on how you view the issue. Investors were allowed to buy on what is called the margin. Effectively people were only paying something on the order of 10 or 15% of the full value of a stock. And this enticed people.

These tactics used all over the nation caused market values to soar, but these figures were inflated, very much like the recent mortgage values, although I do not think that bankers back then were taking it to the extreme that we saw with the collapse of the housing bubble, with the derivatives and all, selling debt like it was a sure-fire asset; but knowing that they were highly overvalued.

So there were all these people investing in the stock market, and many of them were borrowing money to turn around and invest. It is obvious what problems this can lead to if the market takes a downward turn, which it did. Also, many firms were borrowing money themselves, either to invest, or to lend to small-time investors, who then would turn around and invest in the market.

What you have to realize is that at the time the market was not viewed in the same way as today. Before the crash occurred, the stock market was viewed as almost a sure thing. This is why people invested so confidently. And then when things started turning south, all of these investors started selling in an attempt to cut their losses. It really was like the new gold rush at that time. And this optimism is what caused the speculative bubble in a way, because no one thought anything truly bad was going to happen. But this optimism also caused the market to be based on speculation, instead of real market economics. So the stock values were not really what they were listed, but rather much lower.

There were other causes as well, such as the agriculture business downturn, the difference between production and consumption, etc., but the things I listed are what is important, because these "bubbles" were not limited to the crash of 1929. There have been others as well, such as the tech bubble, or dot com bubble, the real estate bubble, which happened recently, plus others. Based on this analysis of the huge crash that occurred back in the day, and comparing it to what is going on now, I do not think that there are all that many similarities.

This doesn't mean a crash will not occur this year, but the entire viewpoint of people now and people then towards the market is quite different. But the main similarity is the greed of brokerage firms and large corporations, such as banks, and this greed is what is more prevalent in our day, and this greed is what causes lobbyists and economic shills within the government to pass laws that favor big business. Wall Street has basically been the wild west, with no real law preventing average people from being taken advantage of.

Also, nowadays it seems that there are more of these people driven by money who also have more knowledge when it comes to "controlling" the market in their favor. For instance, the soaring prices of derivatives from mortgage loans that made so many people even richer, despite the fact they were virtually worthless by comparison. So all in all, I think that "greed" exhibited by those who are major players in business and government, the people who should be the most responsible since some of them know what is really going on behind the scenes, are likely to trigger another crash. I do not know if it will be this year, but it is very possible. When the economic arm of the government is passing laws and taking steps to benefit firms like Goldman Sachs, instead of the American people, what else can happen in the end except a huge crash?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Looking back on the crash of 29', there was not just one cause, but several. Increased tariffs on imported goods caused some to lose their jobs as trade was slowed significantly. Britain leaving the gold standard around that time also scared some people. Around this time there was also a mass rise in "consumerism," as new inventions found their way to the market. What were sometimes considered "luxury" goods at the time are things we take for granted today.

You do not see the similarities?! Britain and the eurozone ring a bell? mass rise in consumerism...Ipads and tablets still no ringing bells? Later in your post you mention agriculture etc....

I read your thread and can draw many connections between what's going on now and what happened back then.

Read again what you wrote, and spot the similarities. I agree with everything you said, except the "I can't see similarities" bit.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Just like war, I believe in the theory that stocks are basically bound to seasons. You don't fight in the mountains during the winter.

I think there is more interest in waiting until march of 2013(a little after Easter) than any time during the remaining 2012. We're talking... skipping out on quarterly profits here lol. That's not going to happen...

The only advantage is in the scope of civil unrest.... Allow it to crash during the winter and you will have a completely different social and political landscape than doing so... lets say in May or June.

The first 6 months of the next crash(if it's soon) will prove to have a larger role in determining any future of the US or the World. Unlike 2008, there will be no shock and awe... while the public stares at their televisions wondering how this could of all came to be. People have came to their conclusions by now for the most part and if it happens again any time in the immediate future, someones going to be out for blood.

Who knows...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LostPassword

True Words You have Spoken.
I Respect them.

Remember when you were at Camp?
You pulled that Bowstring back as far as you could.
Whils't you aimed, the Mosquitoes were flocking your ears.

Then ... Just when you though you couldn't...You let go, and BullsEye!!!

Don't ever forget that moment.

Have Faith, in Yourself and U.S.
S&F Wildmanimal

edit on 11-11-2012 by Wildmanimal because: grammar correction

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 3Dplus

We are about to Correct the Trade Imbalances.
The Offenders will be Dishsheveled by this.
They will do what they have threatened to do,
which is tank The Markets. This will be the counter
threat that has been in play for decades.

Pay attention , for the stroke of Liberty will
not falter.
At the stroke of 6,and then again at 9
The Bell will Ring.
Hense by Fire and Bright Moonlight,

Praise God, We Shall be Victorious.
edit on 11-11-2012 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

Thats a great picture of Mitt.

HooHaa

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
A new 40-week period begins February 27, 2013.
I think the most opportune time would be 13 days later on March 12, 2013.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I saw the charts at ZeroHedge a couple days ago to show the patterns are repeating.
We are past the month of October though, when past events occured.

It's hard to imagine the one day 20% drop in the October 1987 crash now. That would be like
a 2400 point one day drop.

Timeline compiled by the Federal Reserve.In 1986, the United States economy began shifting from a rapidly growing recovery to a slower growing expansion, which resulted in a "soft landing" as the economy slowed and inflation dropped. The stock market advanced significantly, with the Dow peaking in August 1987 at 2722 points, or 44% over the previous year's closing of 1895 points.

On October 14, the DJIA dropped 95.46 points (a then record) to 2412.70, and fell another 58 points the next day, down over 12% from the August 25 all-time high. On Friday, October 16, when all the markets in London were unexpectedly closed due to the Great Storm of 1987, the DJIA closed down another 108.35 points to close at 2246.74 on record volume. American Treasury Secretary James Baker stated concerns about the falling prices. That weekend many investors worried over their stock investments.

The crash began in Far Eastern markets the morning of October 19. Later that morning, two U.S. warships shelled an Iranian oil platform in the Persian Gulf in response to Iran's Silkworm missile attack on the U.S. flagged ship MV Sea Isle City.[8]

What would it take to precipitate such a drop now? The failure of Congress in January which is a foregone conclusion, or something else before the year end?
I believe the Iranian events of 1987 to have been just as much manufactured as any that happen now.
edit on 11-11-2012 by PaperbackWriter because: spacing

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostPassword

How do you know?

Let's have the who, what, when, and where.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Here is the view I am familiar with.....

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
There will be NO CRASH.

We AVERTED it by NOT voting Romney in for President.

Therefore, any crash of our economy was averted!!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Meeting is over stock market crash deferred to 2013
I was hoping they would crash the market in 2012

but now they decided for 2013

its the waiting that's hard, I wish they would just go ahead
and make themselves a bigger target among the un-awakened
people by crashing the market now, but they are sly bastards

making their moves slowly and methodically

which makes my job harder

but then again nothing worthwhile in this life is easy.

The sheeple have some more time to slumber before a rude
awakening.

I can not give all the details but it doesn't even matter, only
a fool now a days can think stock market is safe to invest in.

edit on 13-11-2012 by LostPassword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by oper8zhin

Please don't embarrass yourself, every president is
a puppet of Federal Reserve. There is Ton of information about that,
use the google video Money Masters, how they gained control
of USA.

edit on 13-11-2012 by LostPassword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Still no word of where you get your information from...senseless, really.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3Dplus
Still no word of where you get your information from...senseless, really.

Don't want to blow my sources, ever heard of journalism-sources bond.

I used to be a low level member of a group, I left, but I also left an impact
on few people due to sheer force of my character

one person still feeds me what they hear from their friends,

things trickle down, as difficult as this is to believe.

Elite leave other kind of tracks too, large insider buying and selling also
gets reported, and not just that, some traders of stocks and futures
can notice changes in orders size, timing. Watching option puts and calls
also tells a story, volume of options, date when they expire etc

Also did you know that QE and Operation Twist (fancy names for fed bond buying)
is also a matter of public knowledge, when it begins, when it ends, etc
edit on 14-11-2012 by LostPassword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

It's down over 500 points now since the election, and there isn't any good news on the horizon to arrest the fall. The Christmas sales are flat so far. We'll have to wait and see what Black Friday looks like, but if it doesn't get the retailers into the Black, then the market will continue to freefall all the way through the new year, where new taxes kick into effect.

I fully expect this crash to be worse than 2008. This is the double-dip everyone was watching for, and it is finally here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join