It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cloud Atlas Clones....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
If you haven't seen Cloud Atlas definitely go see it, you won't be disappointed. It's easy 8/10 !

The parts of the movie surrounding the clones was the most interesting too me. Really gets you thinking. Like it's entirely possible and highly probable that in the future cloning will become a reality. The reason is that you could create biological andriods, or in otherwords a highly perfected slave class that you could use for most everything.

It's scary to think that at some point they'll probably introduce clones. What I have noticed though, and if you've seen this where you are chime in, but here's what we do in Canada, or at least in the prarrie provinces. There's this crazy trend of hiring nothing but phillippino ladies to work at fast food resturants. Especially our popular coffee chain, Tim Hortons. So no matter what timmy's you go to you're served by a filipino lady who's likely fresh off the boat. They got good attitudes, friendly, good work ethic, extremely loyal, no silver spoon or sense of entitlement. So they make the perfect fast food worker. Like it's scary because I sware I've already seen and experienced this idea of clones running specific businesses for many years now, as this trend has grown huge. I guess it's kinda like the mexicans picking fruit in the southern US or something.

It's practically as if they're already is clones running some of the businesses. I'm glad someone is willing to gladly do those jobs, I feel happy for them. But from where I stand I can't help but wonder if I'm seeing a glimpse of the future here.

Anyway what do you think of clones and did you see Cloud Atlas and how they portrayed them???

Universal Soldier

Organ production....

droids

There's a list of Clone Movies Here

edit on 11-11-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Interesting but I would go a few steps further and say haven't you considered yet that there are clones amongst us now and possibly for about 50 years. The boys from Brazil, points in that direction. Doesn't surprise me in the least.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Interesting but I would go a few steps further and say haven't you considered yet that there are clones amongst us now and possibly for about 50 years. The boys from Brazil, points in that direction. Doesn't surprise me in the least.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I saw the movie and I think they hit the nail on the head. Providing the economy and our self-destructive nature doesn't do us in, humanity will be doing this some day. Just like in the movie, we will have lost ethics and morality.

There should be a ban on human cloning. It is as much an aberration as destroying human life. I'm also against implating computers or ports into humans for connecting with computers as seemed to be indicated in the movie.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I had no interest in seeing the movie until now. I didn't know it was about clones, I thought it was some souls meeting each other over and over thru time....don't know why.

Thanks for the info.

I believe clones already are here.....this is a conspiracy site right?

But what I don't understand is except for the very rich or powerful to use as doubles or spare parts ie: The Island, with 7billion people why bother?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I saw Cloud Atlas. What I got from it was not clones at all.What I got was we are all connected, And in our past lives or future lives we keep making the same mistakes over and over.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
I had no interest in seeing the movie until now. I didn't know it was about clones, I thought it was some souls meeting each other over and over thru time....don't know why.

Because that's what the movie is about -- the clones thing is just a part of one of the six stories. It's a very good movie, though.

But what I don't understand is except for the very rich or powerful to use as doubles or spare parts ie: The Island, with 7billion people why bother?

Because if you're transplanting your own organs, your body isn't going to reject them.

BTW, The Island was a ripoff of an earlier film, Parts: The Clonus Horror, which is really only watchable in this format, lol:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

That's what I said about using them for organs, but I assume only the rich could do that.

The premise if making clones for slave labor etc doesn't make sense unless the population is almost wiped out.
We already have enough people for work and it would be more mouths to feed.....

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I miss that sci if theater show.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

That's what I said about using them for organs, but I assume only the rich could do that.

The premise if making clones for slave labor etc doesn't make sense unless the population is almost wiped out.
We already have enough people for work and it would be more mouths to feed.....

Well, I'll not spoil the movie for you, but they resolved the "more mouths to feed" by thinking... out of the box.

Clones, at least in Cloud Atlas, are useful because they have no rights, need not be paid, and may be treated as "real people" see fit.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I am thinking soylent green?

Don't tell me....

That's the only thing I can see working, slaves.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I didn't see the movie but I read the book a few years ago, didn't even know they'd made a film of it. Anyhow, if my memory of it is not mistaken, the clones were very much self-aware and were plotting to break free of their machine-like existence, and there was the implication that they did indeed have souls - at least that is how I remember it, but it is a good while since I read it.

peace
J

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ancientthunder
reply to post by r2d246

I agree. It's a wild theory but who's to say obama and osama wheren't clones from the same batch. Or the russian barbie.

edit on 12-11-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Thanks for the info.

I believe clones already are here.....this is a conspiracy site right?

Your body could reject someone elses part. If it was yoru own clone likely it might not as easily reject. The movie is about reincarnation and stupid stuff like that but it's just a really good movie, whether you blieve in that crap or not.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by goldy2259
I saw Cloud Atlas. What I got from it was not clones at all.What I got was we are all connected, And in our past lives or future lives we keep making the same mistakes over and over.

It's hollywood brainwashing. Past lives my azz.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

I think tptb want china and north korea to be the model of humanity world wide.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

That's a freaking scary thought!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
It was an amazing movie, and I strongly recommend seeing it.

When I watched it, I didn't actually think they were clones, maybe because the movie never outwardly calls them clones (they're called Fabricants), and also, the clones don't look alike. I suppose clones don't have to all look the same if they're created from different people, but wouldn't it be more efficient to have them all be from the same perfect clone? Maybe that would freak Purebloods out too much and they wouldn't want to go to that restaurant, so then I could see why they are made to look different from one another.

Not all of them have free-will by the way. Only 2 of them in the film actually do, or at least that we are aware of. Why these two? They don't really say. Maybe that's why the fabricants graduate because if they exist for too long they start to question. I'm assuming they start off as newborns in the adult stage, and since newborns don't really question the status quo, the corporation/government that controls them removes them at a certain point to keep them in check.

Overall, that story was my favorite of all the stories being told in the film. But I probably wouldn't have felt that way had Doona Bae's performance been so amazing. Also, the character Hae-Joo Chang was extremely handsome in a non-conventional type of way way. The fact that I couldn't keep my eyes off of him, and that shirtless scene made me swoon, is probably why I liked that story in particular so much too.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
By the way, the message from the film is how we should do good in the world because our actions help shape our future existences just as the actions in our past shape our previous ones. It's interesting because it balances the notions of free will and fate. We are controlled by our past lives, but there is free will that allows us to make choices to break the cycle.

You don't have to believe in reincarnation to understand this argument. Think of how slavery has affected The United States even to this day. Many people believe that slavery was so long ago that it doesn't affect us anymore, but when I look at racism in the South, when I look at how many black families act to each other with screaming and violence, I know that the ripples of slavery have carried on.

Even without reincarnation our choices and actions affect the entire world. Sure, perhaps some actions are just a small drop in an ocean, yet what is any ocean, but a multitude of drops?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaberz
By the way, the message from the film is how we should do good in the world because our actions help shape our future existences just as the actions in our past shape our previous ones. It's interesting because it balances the notions of free will and fate. We are controlled by our past lives, but there is free will that allows us to make choices to break the cycle.

Actually, I got a completely different takeaway from it -- the only character who really changes all that much is the Tom Hanks "thread", and he only becomes a non-creep in his last iteration because of an impulsive decision that he makes, not because he'd been progressing over the millennia. To me, it's actually a refutation of the "progression to enlightenment" philosophy and more of an elitist message that some small part of civilization will grow to demigod status, while the remaining "unwashed majority" will degenerate into barbarism.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join