It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange in a public school...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
hi this is my first post. ive been browsing the forums fr a while but i just havent bothered to join. theres something really weird going on in my school and i wanted your opinions.

so basically i just go to an ordinary public high school and once a week i have science lab which is in a seperate lab room where we do "hands on" work. you know basic high school chemistry.

theres these desks that have lots of drawers in them for holding equipment i guess but there usually empty. a few days ago i looked in one of them and it was filled to the top with these christain booklets about salvation and sinning and that sort of thing. and there were these other booklets inn japanese that showed drawings of what looked like hell. but it wasnt just a few. there were literally hundreds of these in all the drawers. so there had to be a large group of ppeople who put them in there.

so the only explaination i can come up with is that the public school system has some sort of hidden adgenda that they're secretly bainwashing us into believing and they figured they could hide the "curriculum" in that desk since its in the back of the room and not many people sit there.

what do you think is happening?

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
What about your chemistry teacher? Is he a Christian? More importantly, is he a kook? Sounds to me like someone has an agenda, but probably not the school. Schools can't even stick to the education agenda right now.

Since the literature was found in the back of the room where the 'bad' kids usually hang out, maybe this is someone's idea of 'spreading the word of Christ' to the uninitiated.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Douglas:

I wouldn't get too worried over this. It was probably placed
there by a student OR teacher that is into this sort of stuff.
If it really bothers you, take a handful of them to the principal
or superintendent and see what he/she thinks about it.
Don't lose any slzzp over it.

ZOOMER

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
its not that they're there that disturbs me. i dont really care. its just that theres so many of them i wonder how they got there. and teachers arent in the room after class.

[edit on 21-10-2004 by douglas]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I didn't know just how paranoid people were on this board until now. PERHAPS SOMEONE ELSE BESIDES THE COUNTY COULD HAVE PLACED THEM THERE? Just because something there, doesn't mean you think of it as a conspiracy >_>. Joophail@logic

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Hi Douglas - sounds to me like your instincts are telling you something's fishy here. Good for you. You're healthy and you have a functioning brain. What it really means and whether or not it's very important are 2 different questions. ...Investigation is needed - if you want to bother putting your energy there - you could start by taking a query/complaint to your principal. Legally, don't think that stuff should be there. ...but remember - awareness, learning, thinking is all process. ...You started the process by noticing something. Excellent work.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
That is rather weird...is there any other cases of these being found in your school in other places?

Are there any super-religious kids that go there? My high school had some kids that would plant literature like that.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   
In my school our teachers drawers are full my convescated items. So maybe another student got it taken away or somthing like that!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
OR.....maybe a First Priority or some other bible group meets in there...

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Specifically, what are the books. There are many religious groups, who like to hand out their literature. Generally, they will send it free. There are quite a few groups who like to hand out Christian literature. For instance, they hand out Gideon's bibles in front of schools, and they also put them in hotel rooms.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
From your desciption it sounds like these books or pamphlets or whatever they are might be kinda old..perhaps during the war period? How old is your school?

You say the science lab desks are usually empty. Perhaps there just needed a place to store old unused books and that seemed like as good a place as any.

Without knowing more details on the actual books, it's anybodies guess.

Odd

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Y'know, it seems to me as though if your school really had an 'agenda', they'd actively present you with this material, rather than waiting for you to happen upon it in a place that you yourself called out of the way.

Just keep in mind that religious propaganda in schools is not in and of itself illegal, as long as it is private property-- only when an educator or administrator actively teaches or favors a religious ideology is your freedom infringed upon. For now, if the pamphlets bug you that much, pour a test tube of Methylene Blue on them

[edit on 10/24/2004 by Odd]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
i realize theres alot of goths in my school. maybe they're behind it!

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Why dont you take a couple if they are still there and scan them for us. Just interested in what they actually say. Just a suggestion.

new topics

top topics

join