It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore Gives Us About 90 More Years

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

This guy is a complete Snake Oil Salesman.

I cant take anything he says seriously.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Al Gore would command a great deal more respect if he set an example by how he lived!

Whether our planet is warming, cooling, whatever, one thing for sure is that it is changing. There will be those with sufficient technology to survive but that won't be you or me. I guess a carbon tax on us would enable them to develop these technologies further.....................?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The Republican party and elitist would like to see us continuing to live as ignorant, scared and dependent upon what they are selling.. The environmental or ecological movement, as it was called when President James Earl Carter had solar panels placed on the roof of the White House, has always been hampered by lies perpetrated on the citizens by those who profit from the sale of non renewable energy... I readily recall that General Electric's trained monkey who took over the oval office by a manipulation of reality that the simple mind's that are easily fooled, removed the solar panels from the White House and was cheered for doing so.... The "drill baby drill" mentality instead of one that promotes affordable, clean, renewable energy sources makes good sense even if there was no truth of a climate change occurring... Global Warming is occurring....

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

and those enormous grants.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
according to the superfreakonomics book al gore has spent 300 million dollars warning people about global warming and the cost to reverse it only costs 250 million

then again according to the bbc (although there source is extremely dubious due to it being down to a guy called monckton who was advising maggie thatcher on climate change) the temperature has only risen 0.75 degrees in a 130 years.

If its possible to take our world back from the scum we have to introduce MRI scanning so we can tell who is lying or not,
in fact wouldn't it be nice for everyone to stop working and go stand outside the worlds parliaments and demand that we introduce this right now, although that won't happen in a hurry

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Some estimates give the Chesapeake Bay only about 20 years and I heard this about 5 years ago. The great barrier reef, earths largest living organism is dying at an unprecedented rate.

I think an interesting question to ask people might be which would you more like to leave your children....the best ecosystem money can buy or a balanced fiscal budget?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jinni73
according to the superfreakonomics book al gore has spent 300 million dollars warning people about global warming and the cost to reverse it only costs 250 million

then again according to the bbc (although there source is extremely dubious due to it being down to a guy called monckton who was advising maggie thatcher on climate change) the temperature has only risen 0.75 degrees in a 130 years.

If its possible to take our world back from the scum we have to introduce MRI scanning so we can tell who is lying or not,
in fact wouldn't it be nice for everyone to stop working and go stand outside the worlds parliaments and demand that we introduce this right now, although that won't happen in a hurry

Then how can people accuse him of doing this for profit? Thanks for proving the man is sincere and legit. Go to Science Daily and not FOX News or the Blaze if you want to learn about global warming and what can be done to ease the effects on all of us and the environment.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
The Republican party and elitist would like to see us continuing to live as ignorant, scared and dependent upon what they are selling.. The environmental or ecological movement, as it was called when President James Earl Carter had solar panels placed on the roof of the White House, has always been hampered by lies perpetrated on the citizens by those who profit from the sale of non renewable energy... I readily recall that General Electric's trained monkey who took over the oval office by a manipulation of reality that the simple mind's that are easily fooled, removed the solar panels from the White House and was cheered for doing so.... The "drill baby drill" mentality instead of one that promotes affordable, clean, renewable energy sources makes good sense even if there was no truth of a climate change occurring... Global Warming is occurring....

I forgot about that. You are right. All a movement to drill more and burn more because that is how a large faction of politicians earn their livelihood by representing those industries and subsequently the workers but they are hardly considered over owner profits. Wonder what industry grossed the most profits world wide last year? Oil.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

A. The US/West wouldn't be so dependent on ME fuel and have to use gunboat diplomacy or worse when their vital interests are at stake. I'm more than certain many here and in the ME would like to see less US/West involvement in the region.

US isnt dependent on ME oil as much as OPEC is the vehicle of the dollar, both US interest in the dollar and corp. bucks. There is no reason at all oil should be trading at more than $40. a Bbl. Other than Corporate Gunboat price fixing.

USA lost the battle on rubber and won the war on oil all in the same era
edit on 11-11-2012 by racer451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Back On Topic, Al Gore.

Liar, Exposed.

After insisting once again that there is a consensus on Man-made Global Warming (while paradoxically comparing those not in consensus with those who deny the moon landing), Al Gore denies, downplays and refuses to discuss the role that CEOs played in crafting his Cap-and-Trade C02 trading schemes.

Rep. Scalise points out that Gore met with Ken Lay, of ENRON-fraud fame circa 1998, as well as top members of Goldman Sachs-- all of which Al Gore obscures and denies. In point of fact, Al Gore's founding partner in the sustainability-investment firm Generation Investment Management, LLC is none other than David Blood, CEO of Goldman Sachs' asset-management division until 2003. Gore-Blood founding their Carbon-trading Corp. in 2004. www.generationim.com...

Although Gore refuses to address the issue, Rep. Scalise makes a direct point in the fact that many of the people and associated firms that caused our current and widespread economic crisis were involved in developing this and other related proposals.

edit on 11-11-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

It is us versus them but tptb have control over everything including this website, the US military controlled at least 50% of all scientists and engineers in the early 80s, who knows what percentage they control now.

Ford have bought the hydrogen engine forty years ago and before that in the 50s they bought the magnetic engine
both are clean alternatives

you talk about coal burning stoves to heat our homes when there is geo thermal energy being installed right now which uses the heat from the centre of the earth guess what clean energy again

So how can you say its not us versus them when they get some scientists to discredit most of the work done by other scientists which is then backed up by the media, research BOB SANTER who has proven that global warming is human made

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

edit on 11-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

People who do not have character generally are limited in thinking and understanding.

That certianly explains Al Gore and those who support his ideology.
edit on 11-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Humans are so arrogant. So all-knowing. Until after the fact. Happens time and again throughout history.

Just use some common sense. The greenhouse effect is not fiction. While it isn't the only reason we have problems now, it certainly could have contributed. In the last couple hundred years, we have developed beyond anything in the history of our planet. And in doing so, have spewed more pollution into the air and oceans, in the history of our planet. What is more likely? That a global climate change that happens in 10s of thousands of years... just happens to be hitting its stride just now, or some other influence is affecting our planets climate, coinciding with our technology revolution?

Perhaps the planet is hitting a change. But also perhaps, we are quickly nudging it along much, much faster than might normally happen. How wise is it to say "Oh.. just ignore it.. it might not be us." How incredibly and monumentally irresponsible.

Why are people in such an uproar over green fixes to our planets energy needs? So it's O.K. for oil and gas companies to destroy our planet and MASSIVELY gouge for huge, billion dollar profits.. but it is NOT ok for green solutions to make money?

I'd rather pay the latter my money, thanks, if it means my kids can grow up to a planet that isn't going to implode because of our stupidity.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I'm not joking when I say Honey Boo Boo is more relevant than Al Gore. The South Park guys didn't even want to give him any attention till they came up with the manbearpig idea, which was perfect for him. But the best comedy writers alive couldn't outdo the silliness of his "Live Earth' concert promotions. One of the greatest frauds in history.
Excelsior!!!!
edit on 11-11-2012 by ColeYounger because: make fun of Al Gore some more

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Al Gore's prediction is probably extremely conservative.

We have probably already hit the tippying point, the fire has already been lit. We are most likely going to be seeing major climate changes in the next decade. What isn't being reported is that the rate of climate change is continuing to accelerate.

This latest news on methane puts things over the top.

usnews.nbcnews.com...

If this situation with methane continues, we will probably be totally screwed in ten years.

The Middle East is running out of oil. They haven't put out info on what oil is actually being produced since 2008.

There is not the political will to end our dependence on oil. The oil companies will still be hung ho on oil if average global temperatures rise 10 degrees, and the oceans rise 200 feet. Until their political clout diminishes, we will remain dependent on oil and gas and any alternatives will be squashed.

Our bigger problems are planned obsolescence. We could work and consume a whole lot less, and be living a lot better lives, but then the bankers would no longer have total control over us.

So! Who knows how bad or how soon GW will get here, but it's coming, and it's going to be real bad.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Ive been vigorously researching this subject for two years.... and while I love to get side tracked, thats all Al Gore is doing in this instance.

The subject is not Al Gore (for me). It is climate change. Whether we like it or not.... its here and there are many reasons I have found for the cause.

Do humans play a role? Im sure.... We are obviously not helping matters. Like I tell my kids.... when you go against nature she may very well go against you as well. It works hand in hand and everything is connected.

Think of Quantum Mechanics (particles on sub atomic level affecting one another).... Where we are at in the Solar System... what is going on with the other planets? Anything? What about the moons growth and the slowing of the spin of Earth? How is our Sun doing? Where is it at? Is it in the Interstellar Medium yet? Speaking of... what is the Sun likely to do when it does enter the fluff? Will it affect our climate? What all does affect our climate?

What about the cosmic particles we are experiencing which is extremely high in energy?

Are we vulnerable? Is the protection there or are we losing protection from cosmic waves/particles/radiation and so on?

I could go on and on with the questions I have asked and found answers from such questions but I ask anyone who has not researched to do so, especially IF you really want to know the answers.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
90 more years of taxes to dig out of before we realize humans couldn't change global climate if we tried. One single volcano eruption changes climate (cold or warm) for centuries, there's no way humans can compete with that.

For thousands of years, religious charlatans have blamed human behavior for weather, pestilence, comets, meteors, earthquakes, etc.. Gore is just another charlatan, the new priest of weather.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join