It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Friend Breaks down and confesses to having a man crush on the Pawn Star foursome.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I know this is a bit out there..but whilst enjoying a few beers with a mate I hadn't seen for ages ....it totally flloored me when he blurted out on his tenth schooner that he secretly had erotic thoughts when he watched the reality show 'Pawn Stars".
I was to put it mildly aghast..this friend has had more girlfriends than I have had haemerroids.

It was rather a little embarrassing as he continued to pour his heart out (rather loudly in the rather conservative local hotel(bar).
He related how he felt strongly attracted to Chumley Big Haus The bald fella (rick?) and the old man.

I have watched this show a few times but for the life of me cannot see how my friend who I always assumed was mono sexual would fall for these guys.
Ok he has always been interested in garage sales and op shops ...iam wondering is he just in love with their occupations?
But I don't know he bawled out a lot of erotic fantasys involving them and gold whips and such.

He may be having a breakdown...but it sure is odd.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

You posted this as I am watching pawn stars, lol.
Maybe he has a crush on the personalities? Or how much cash they make? Even their knowledge makes them better looking than their actual appearances to be honest. I have had a few male friends who admit they envy their lifestyle, because they live good, are smart, and make mad cash.
Or....
Drunk mans words are sober and thoughts, and your friend actually has a crush on them. Lol

But I don't know he bawled out a lot of erotic fantasys involving them and gold whips and such.

After that I'm really not sure what to think..

edit on 10-11-2012 by Katharos62191 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Ah, I miss the days with 30 blubbering people in my basement drinking and crying about problems in their life.

It's cool that he felt comfortable enough with you to tell ya

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Yeah espescially as the local truckies were having a counterlunch meeting at the nearby table.
But as you say I couldnt make him uncomfortable .....if he has become a man crush kind of bloke..then so be it.
Perhaps he got tired of going around with women that were truly beautiful.
It may be just a near mid life crisis for him.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

You posted this as I am watching pawn stars, lol. Maybe he has a crush on the personalities? Or how much cash they make? Even their knowledge makes them better looking than their actual appearances to be honest. I have had a few male friends who admit they envy their lifestyle, because they live good, are smart, and make mad cash.

You make quite pertinent points (which episode areyou watching..here in oZ we are a couple of months behind
...not that I watch it that much

It is rather a addictive show...I think it would be good to own a Pawn shop .
Hardcore Pawn is Ok but ...Seth and co are a bit freaky friday at times.
All in all these four guys are alright
...in a strictly platonic judgement call.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

It was just a re-run, the one where Chum-lee accidentally bought an old mandolin he thought was valuable but wasn't, if you're familiar with that one, lol.
It's over now so I'm just watching the Men who built America (new addiction)
I haven't watched the hard core pawn yet, but I will to see what you mean! I just stick true to my pawn stars!
Honestly, Rick I find most attractive, for how he handles customers and he knowledge on things with history that come though his shop. The points I made in my first post really are what I think could make your friend attracted if he was serious. Put a picture of those 4 guys in front of me without me knowing them personality wise, and I probably wouldn't think twice about them. But watching the show, I see what makes them 'attractive' so to say that isn't necessarily physical. Call me weird but I find brains, knowledge, business smarts, humor, all good reason for attractions and crushes over their looks. None of them look bad, but boy do who they are as people make them 100x's better, I could see why someone might have a man crush.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
Ah, I miss the days with 30 blubbering people in my basement drinking and crying about problems in their life.

It's cool that he felt comfortable enough with you to tell ya

I miss the days when people kept their sexual feelings and extremely personal thoughts to themselves...long gone.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Can you say...awkward ! And how did your friend feel today after he woke up with a hangover and remembered he spilled his guts?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Right about now your mate and the rest of your mates are laughing their backsides off.

Do you fall for your mates pranks often? Or are you the sort to hang around blokes that like gold whip fetishes with big fat sweaty bearded guys, and never realise it?

One of these things is not like the other

Yep, you silly whacker you!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

He just might be gay, who knows.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Well apparently you don't party very often. It comes with the territory

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I've been drunk in the past. Embarrassingly, entire police departments scrambled to stop the bar fight, crying about the fact that my Daddy was never proud of me, waking up naked in a strangers house drunk. In fact I once began drinking in SF California and woke up in a car, outside of a Dio concert, in Albuquerque NM with my head in a strange womans lap - and her saying she and I were going to be married later that day...

But I've never been as drunk as your friend apparently.

I gotta start trying harder....

~Heff

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Did you marry her? ...lol...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Good stuff, this thing we call life.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide