It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bring Ye Faith and The Word of God to the Masses

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Thank you drbryankkruta, you are a very generous person to offer what you have. I have great appreciation for people that are willing to go the extra mile for others. Well done.

Thank you, I appreciate the support but its misplaced I will pass it onto God for you for his is the word I am trying to work with here

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Just so everyone understands my position I would fight for a Wiccans right to express their opinion on this site if I saw someone attempting to silence their opinion. My belief in Christianity has nothing to do with the fact that I�m sticking-up for this member. The intent of this site is for the freedom of ideas and opinions; I will defend everybody�s right to express their beliefs as long as it doesn�t violate the ATS T&C�s.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rosebeforetime
There is no other book like God's word. It was written by forty different authors over about 2-3000 years. Yet the way it all interelates is a miracle. People try to say that it has no more relevance, the bible never ages just as God Himself never ages. It is as relevant today as it was yesterday.

It is great to see your zeal for sharing God's word.

Thank you, for that and actually the old testament I beleive is about 3100 years old plus or minus a hundred years and the new testament was dictated to man 2045 or 46 years old it was started when Jesus started his life and went thru to his ministry as witnessed by the parables that are directly quoted from him by the 12 elders that where with him during his time on earth....I think he was in his thirties when he was crucified

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Kinglizard, you have always been fair and balance so your opinion is not what is questioned but the person that started the thread.

I guess he came a littler to strong and occurs is going to bring some questions, if he wants to shared his findings that is fine but with all the education he claims he has he should have been a littler more nicer on the introduction.

I will be looking forward to what he has to said.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Just so everyone understands my position I would fight for a Wiccans right to express their opinion on this site if I saw someone attempting to silence their opinion. My belief in Christianity has nothing to do with the fact that I�m sticking-up for this member. The intent of this site is for the freedom of ideas and opinions; I will defend everybody�s right to express their beliefs as long as it doesn�t violate the ATS T&C�s.

I appreciate this and would add I will gladely request the proper proceedure to set this up in a research forum and invite all the members to bring their point of view and materials of proof to be put up against mine and let's settle the Turth of the Bible's Revealed and completed content sorta a think tank type thing no mud slinging just hard facts and my first invite is to kindly ask any wicca/ scientologist / cryptozoologist etc to be the first to join in because I am truely interested in your views and evidence I am not prejudiced in taking in your info as false hewey I really think at some point we will find a convergance in views at some points to

now wouldnt that be cool

[edit on 20/10/2004 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Rose- is it really as relevant? Should we really have to show our priest any mildew that appears on our clothing? (Leviticus 13: 47) Do we really have to give out first born sons to god on their 8th day? (Exodus 22:30) Is it truly necessary to stone a man if he misses the Sabbath because he is collecting food for his family? (Numbers 15:35)

I don't see it as relevant. Do you?

What we seem to be forgetting is that no matter how hard we may try, society changes. Humans change. As I sit here in a suburb of Texas in the year 2004, I am not as I would be in the year of Jesus's death. Nor are you. I am not the same as I would be in the 1970s. The bible doesn't change because it is carved in stone.

I dont see the Odyssey changing, but nobody's worshipping that book.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Here's a site that might be of interest: www.cygnus-study.com...

It's about 'Debunking the Bible' but before you get the wrong idea...

The guy that runs this knows more about the bible and religion than anyone I've ever met. I knew him personally, and you would never find Sam without his bible handy - even at work. He tried to have intelligent conversations with people, and was repeatedly banned from christian message boards and sites because he disagreed or questioned. He's very capable of having an informed, calm discussion, but isn't afraid to call BS or go quote for quote from the bible. He is not anti-christian, just wants proof. He explains a little bit about himself and how this all started on his site.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
I will gladely request the proper proceedure to set this up in a research forum and invite all the members to bring their point of view and materials of proof

You can send a u2u to ADVISOR, he runs all the research projects, however this forum is not intended for debate. It�s for serious in-depth study and research. You can also request a grudge match debate if you have another member that agrees to your challenge, requests can be made to JohnBull1.

[edit on 20-10-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I will gladely request the proper proceedure to set this up in a research forum and invite all the members to bring their point of view and materials of proof to be put up against mine

Well.....that would be fine, however, you can not prove that the bible is the word of god or that the Christian religion is the only one true religion anymore than I could prove mine is. Religion is a deeply personal thing...I believe all people should be able to practice the religion of their choice. I am a very, very spiritual person, but I wouldn't push my belief on you, or anyone...it's just not right. I honestly do know how you feel! I sometime wonder and shake my head when I see posts that say they believe in no form of a higher force, but it is not up to me to push them to believe, they are on their path, I am on mine....we are all where we should be on the learning path for this incarnation and we each have to follow the path we feel is correct for us.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBalloon
Not everyone believes in the Christian god and believes in the bible, and many are completely turned off to the idea of accepting your god and the bible by posts just like yours above. Want to convert people to your religion? Quit posting hate filled and "you're going to hell unless you believe like me!" kinds of things, and make some friends - THATS how to get your beliefs across while being respected and not seen as an angry hateful fanatic. No one wants to be like that
It's not your god I find to be lying and hateful, it's his "followers" who twist the original concept of the religion into something unrecognizable.

I am not attacking the way people think the way it seems I think the Bible and God are one as one begot the other now as for saying stuff about lying and rabbel rousing etc. I see alot out there that is said yet no point of reference to prove the claims I am saying with no dought my proof is in the Bible and God himself Now I may have not articulated that clearly enough and I respect every ones rights to make their on choices I believe kinglizard has seen me repeatedly defend the fact that God is not a slave driver but gave you free will to choose and I have offered Biblical scriptures to back those claims as well and as for saying the only religion is the one I follow well sorry but in acordance with Gods laws as written in the Bible directly from him to man it says put ye not any other god before me nor create any statue,sculpture or engraving of any image and bow down before it in worship ......so I can say I dont believe that this is Gods word Gods will and the Bible and he are one... sorry to the wiccas if that offends them

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Is everybody just ignoring my posts? I'm even citing scripture! haha... but here I go again...

drbr:
directly from god to the bible? since when? last time I checked, a group of men wrote the bible, it wasnt shipped to them by god via UPS. Brown can do a lot for us, but not that.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
art starr

It is told to us in the bible the reason for the New Testament was to replace certain parts of the old testament that he wished us not to perform
like sacrifice a pure lamb or other things that are ritualistic in the point of predating the sacrifice of The Christ Jesus for our sins now I would be glad to research the mildew on clothing thing and see if I can see if that was changed during the revision that brought about Gods new testament thru Jesus and will be glad to email you with the results just u2u me with an email and I will be glad to send what I find for your review

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBalloon
Here's a site that might be of interest: www.cygnus-study.com...

It's about 'Debunking the Bible' but before you get the wrong idea...

The guy that runs this knows more about the bible and religion than anyone I've ever met. I knew him personally, and you would never find Sam without his bible handy - even at work. He tried to have intelligent conversations with people, and was repeatedly banned from christian message boards and sites because he disagreed or questioned. He's very capable of having an informed, calm discussion, but isn't afraid to call BS or go quote for quote from the bible. He is not anti-christian, just wants proof. He explains a little bit about himself and how this all started on his site.

I always welcome the chance to talk to people like this for sometimes even I find somethings I wish to know more about ....Short of however "testing the Lord thy God" when I fell an uneasy felling about what in talking about in this context I stop so as not to test God..... Ill go there tomm before I get back on here and maybe I will bring something new with me>>>>

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtStarr
directly from god to the bible? since when? last time I checked, a group of men wrote the bible, it wasnt shipped to them by god via UPS.

The Bible does not claim that it was sent down from god in its entirety. Instead, it claims to be written by both God and men, and written in a way that perfectly says whatever God wanted it to say. So the bible says what God intended and prophecies should be considered the word of God. Now you could say that Peter was just a man but as with every religion belief relies on faith.

2 Peter 1:19-21

Prophecy of Scripture

And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

bible.gospelcom.net...

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtStarr
Is everybody just ignoring my posts? I'm even citing scripture! haha... but here I go again...

drbr:
directly from god to the bible? since when? last time I checked, a group of men wrote the bible, it wasnt shipped to them by god via UPS. Brown can do a lot for us, but not that.

I did answer you I am just batteling on many fronts here and their is only one of me and I dont type very good as you can see

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I will gladely request the proper proceedure to set this up in a research forum and invite all the members to bring their point of view and materials of proof

You can send a u2u to ADVISOR, he runs all the research projects, however this forum is not intended for debate. It�s for serious in-depth study and research. You can also request a grudge match debate if you have another member that agrees to your challenge, requests can be made to JohnBull1.

[edit on 20-10-2004 by kinglizard]

Thats perfect I DONT WANT A MUD PIT THREAD I wish to sincerly study the subject a I stated with full intent to do serious research will all you guys here do the same before I submit the project to Johnbull1

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   

97 % of the events fortold in the Bible that God said will come to pass through the generations here is and example it in time line format just click the link timeline from the university of Pennsylvania religious studies course

That was hardly worth an oreo; you just touted a timeline of events, you did not tell me who they illustrated events dictated "word for word" in the Bible.

Deep

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Kinglizard, you have always been fair and balance so your opinion is not what is questioned but the person that started the thread.

I guess he came a littler to strong and occurs is going to bring some questions, if he wants to shared his findings that is fine but with all the education he claims he has he should have been a littler more nicer on the introduction.

I will be looking forward to what he has to said.

Are you willing to join me in the spirit of clean real and fair research on you issues and beleifs against the research on mine I would be glad to promise no mud from my side of the table

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Well.....that would be fine, however, you can not prove that the bible is the word of god or that the Christian religion is the only one true religion anymore than I could prove mine is. Religion is a deeply personal thing...I believe all people should be able to practice the religion of their choice. I am a very, very spiritual person, but I wouldn't push my belief on you, or anyone...it's just not right.

Then lets do it then I will be glad to send forth my honest and clean no mud research and openly listen to yours and I will appologize when and where my statements are wrong .....fair enough

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
my answer was based on the statement that the bible never changes, god never changes, and how it is still relevant. the bible includes the new and old testament, just to clarify my schpeal.

where does it say that the new testament was created to replace the old? i know im a total nag, but if you could just post the verse itd be great.

but if you would like an irrlevance from the NEW testament....

"Women should learn in silence and all humility. I do not allow them to teach or to have authority over men. " 1 Timothy 2:11

"A man has no need to cover his head, for he reflects the image and glory of god. but woman reflects the glory of man......nor was man created for woman's skae, but woman created for man's sake." 1Corinthians 11:7-9

(sorry both were about women, i am doing a piece on this and it was easily accesible)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join