It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Astronomical Observatory admits Spaceships Orbit Sun

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
HO ho ho ho hooooo I'm going crazyyy!!!!

It seems rather ironic to me that people who think there are space ships orbiting the sun (as in aliens) are now saying it's not their fault that they thought there were space ships there, because a guy working in an observatory made reference to celestial craft which obviously to the untrained thinking person, means instantly, Aliens. Not everyone knows there's no ufos orbiting the sun. The majority of lay people would instantly assume it's aliens, because they don't have the level of education required to tell them otherwise... no?!

Truly.

The sort of people who need disclaimers on macdonalds coffee that "It's really hot man, don't drink it too fast k guy!"

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma

"Nowadays we have a fleet of spacecraft orbiting around the earth and indeed the sun, which can produce artificial eclipses," he said. Read more: www.news.com.au...

there are tons of probes out there that we've sent out... and they eclipse the sun... that just means they get between us and the sun in a direct line of sight.

he didn't say TOTAL ECLIPSE which would be one huge spaceship.. he just said eclipse.. which means it goes in front of.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Where did "fleet" come from?

I only read spaceships in the plural.

Are they now a fleet?

Things happen pretty quick around here....

So quick in fact that my own quote actually states the word fleet.

Imagine .

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

It seems rather ironic to me that people who think there are space ships orbiting the sun (as in aliens) are now saying it's not their fault that they thought there were space ships there, because a guy working in an observatory made reference to celestial craft which obviously to the untrained thinking person, means instantly, Aliens. Not everyone knows there's no ufos orbiting the sun. The majority of lay people would instantly assume it's aliens, because they don't have the level of education required to tell them otherwise... no?!

Truly.

The sort of people who need disclaimers on macdonalds coffee that "It's really hot man, don't drink it too fast k guy!"

LoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL

Wow that was way too funny the disclaimer part that is

and regarding the op yeah it definitely does sound like aliens of course its prob intentional more of that subliminal conditioning bs..

and ships are definitely near the sun I believe ats closed that case ages ago, so now scientist know they have no choice to come clean or face the wrath of the ats community

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Bad journalism, slip of the tongue?

Or incomplete quoting.

You just had to include the previous paragraph to get the whole idea.

He says he'll be travelling for the fun of it, but explains that in the recent past, eclipses were used to study the solar corona - the sun's extremely hot outer atmosphere.

"Nowadays we have a fleet of spacecraft orbiting around the earth and indeed the sun, which can produce artificial eclipses," he said.

Edit: you should use [‍ex] quotes when quoting text from other sites.

edit on 11/11/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

I don't even think its poor journalism. Admittedly, hearing the words "fleet of spacecraft" caught my attention. But after reading the next line it made complete sense.
I think you've mistaken this for an error on the doctors part, think you've read it wrong OP

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumanitiesLastHope

Originally posted by winofiend

Truly.

LoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL

Wow that was way too funny the disclaimer part that is

and regarding the op yeah it definitely does sound like aliens of course its prob intentional more of that subliminal conditioning bs..

and ships are definitely near the sun I believe ats closed that case ages ago, so now scientist know they have no choice to come clean or face the wrath of the ats community

*face palm* you WERE being sarcastic right?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
What human made things in our skies can even produce artificial eclipses?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

Prevenge has already gone over this....

"There are tons of probes out there that we've sent out... and they eclipse the sun... that just means they get between us and the sun in a direct line of sight.

he didn't say TOTAL ECLIPSE which would be one huge spaceship.. he just said eclipse.. which means it goes in front of."

Thanks Prevenge

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

"Nowadays we have a fleet of spacecraft orbiting around the earth and indeed the sun, which can produce artificial eclipses," he said.

Read more: www.news.com.au...

right there from the post - maybe you need to learn to read???

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
We have a few satellites in Solar (not Earth) orbit. Here is one of them:
ulysses.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I don't know what this guy wanted to say, but eclipse is a little more than something passing in front of the sun.

eclipse [ɪˈklɪps] n
1. (Astronomy) the total or partial obscuring of one celestial body by another. A solar eclipse occurs when the moon passes between the sun and the earth; a lunar eclipse when the earth passes between the sun and the moon See also total eclipse, partial eclipse, annular eclipse Compare occultation
2. (Astronomy) the period of time during which such a phenomenon occurs
3. any dimming or obstruction of light 4. a loss of importance, power, fame, etc., esp through overshadowing by another vb (tr)
1. (Astronomy) to cause an eclipse of
2. to cast a shadow upon; darken; obscure
3. to overshadow or surpass in importance, power, etc.

I doubt very much that any of our satellites which can hardly be seen with the naked eye as a tiny dot can cause an artificial eclipse. Even my thumb will create a better eclipse than that.
Just sayin'.

edit on 11-11-2012 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2012 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteHat
I doubt very much that any of our satellites which can hardly be seen with the naked eye as a tiny dot can cause an artificial eclipse.

The satellites create their own eclipse so they are able to "see" the corona, something that was before only possible during a total eclipse.

You can see one of those in this post by Chadwickus.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Not a slip of the tongue, just bad quoting. Lol

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
There's probably more truth in the MIB idea of a universe in a small bottle on a chain around a cat's neck..!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
Not a slip of the tongue, just bad quoting. Lol

The words you are looking for is : "Bad reporting".

News corp is renowned for terrible reporting which is classified by locals as "tabloid reporting" at best. Pretty much they will print anything that wont get them sued, but will sell a ton of papers or spark interest on their website.

What he was probably pointing out is the various fleet of sats (which can be classified as "ships" in a sense) which generate virtual eclipses, and not the "zomg alien fleet!!11!!!" or "zomg human fleeet!!!11!!111!" of attack craft posing to attach the spaghetti monster who lives in the centre of the sun.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Reading the article it sounds like he is talking about SATELLITES, which are a type of spacecraft of course.

but good job tying to make something out of nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join